What are opinions you have that greatly differ from everybody else?

Hoodied
Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I’m actually curious everyone, I wanna see what unpopular opinions brew within this community that others think is crazy and wrong

here is mine, SWF is completely fine imo, just friends playing together and having fun

Comments

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Maps need an absolute massive overhaul as even some of the more balanced maps are not good.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Mine is that I find the Doctor's madness effects are fun and make me want to play against him more as a survivor.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

The game is decided before you even load in. You're really just there to harvest bloodpoints and continue the grind.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

People aren't as good at the game as they think they are. SWF, NOED, DS, Mori, Keys, etc. aren't the problem, it's people thinking they are amazing and needing to blame something for a bad match that isn't their own playstyle/mistakes.

• MaybeShesCrazy
    MaybeShesCrazy Member Posts: 337
    • That SWF do need addressing - even if it's something as simple as putting a mechanism in place so I can chose if I stay in the lobby or leave.
    • That I hate tunneling and camping - but on the other side it might actually help me to be better in a chase or hostage (teammate hostage) situation. Time will tell on that though.
    • That the game isn't unbalance. Explanation: It's like playing cards, as you don't know what i have, I don't know what my teammates have, and we don't know what the killer has or who the killer is - well - it's a crap shoot. Even if every single perk was crafted to perfection.
    • That we should be able to see the name only of the player who will be killer - if he/she is on my blocked list - they are there for a valid reason. (IE: sandbagging teammates when playing survivor etc. Part of a unfair, cheating SWF team. I should be able to leave.
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

Midwitch best map i seen in a long time (look and gameplay)both for survivor and killer

• Deathslinger
    Deathslinger Member Posts: 570

I love the bp grind.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited July 2020

The game should never attempt to be balanced around kills and escapes, such a system is completely moronic given the sheer amount of RNG and broken things in a match. Instead, the games pip system should be reworked into a complex and in-depth analasys of perks, items, add-ons, offerings, map colour pallet Vs character skins, map layout, tile layout, SWF status and ease of killer ability.

Why? Because kills and escapes are arbitrary, and even if the game is magically balanced around 2k's... It would die due to the complete lack of variety. So instead, I say keep the broken shite, but force players to accept that they are using crutches and that their opponent displayed more skill (or at least effort) and therefore wins the match in the eyes of the entity, developers and community as a whole. Who cares if Freddy mori'd you to win because they bitched out and burned a Mori and never even tried a mindgame. Who cares if the SWF squad beat your arse, they lose because they are a full party running DS/UB/BT/SB and they didn't display any real skill expect holding m1 while their buddies hook bombed.

While skill in DBD is difficult to account for, the strength of a build is not.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Most of the current issues for killers are caused by them and changing playstyle slightly fixes half the problems.

DS - just remember who you hooked and slug suspected users. If they run at you or blatantly abuse it, then remove them from the game.

BT - target the unhooker if they're that close and if the other one blocks you, then force them to mend and WASTE TIME.

Unbreakable - Bait it early by tactically slugging.

Gen-Rushing - play for stalling the game and protecting generators, rather than straight kills.

Adrenaline - don't slug for the 4k and just deal with it. Two hits isn't THAT hard to achieve for a competent killer.

Body-blocking - they're desperate or you're a tunneller. Just hit them and waste their time.

Also that the notion of kills make the killer is the single most outdated mindset in the game. The pip system exists for a reason.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I find Killer more enjoyable/less stressful than Survivor.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Spies should be meta. I NEED it on every killer!

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239
    edited July 2020

Dwight mains are always the worst to play with. They are hands down the worst mains out of the entire cast.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

You're so going to find yourself in a trial for this one - while running No Mither... And Object... Against Spirit... with Stridor... And an Ebony Mori.

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 454

Game is perfectly balanced, the side who is better at the game overall, will be the side to win, the only reason the kill rate is so high on Game is that any survivor who camps pallets kills their entire team.

Also...

You're allowed your opinion... however wrong it may be, but you're still allowed it

• Tricks
    Tricks Member Posts: 957

As it has been scientifically proven that conscious thought affects physical reality on a sub atomic level if you stretch the science behind that just a little we might just actually all collectively pull each others realities into being one thread at a time simply by observing. (which both intrigues, excites and scares the crap out of me in equal measure).

I don't know why this is or what it means that this is so if anyone knows please feel free to let me know.

Cheers.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
  • Raven014

That is basically the way the auric cells and the Auris work in game. Just manipulating reality with thought.

• Raven014

They can be. But there are situations where other killers would be preferable to Legion, and situations where legion is better than other killers.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Oh man, yiu need to see my killer idea on The Physicist!

• Raven014

NOED should be basekit. Without it, there is no incentive to slow the game down, which just sucks out much of the fun in killer matches.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101
    edited July 2020

Game would've been much better if people stopped expecting everyone to go easy on them.

Also, Springtrap is a good fit for dbd.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited July 2020

Ds is fine

Bt is fine

Bbq is fine

Pop is fine

Noed is fine

Midwich is one of the most fun maps to play

Matches against billy, freddy and doc are boring as hell.

Not a fan of springtrap but i don't mind him being in the game.

I don't want neither Xenomorph or predator in the game.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

It's not genrushing, you are not good at creating pressure. (Even though map rng can be horrible sometimes)

It's not tunneling, you just made yourself a target by selfcaring under the hook.

It's fine to let someone die, if the others can escape.

DS and NOED create bad habits and hinder improvement because you can always fall back to it.

Suiciding on hook is fine, if your team is hookfarming you or not doing anything useful.

The Game is the best map.

We don't need more licensed stuff.

Behaviours art team is the real MVP.

• Raven014

The last two are certainly correct.

You forgot that they make themselves a target when they run at you and force a locker DS.

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

Killing yourself on hook after getting to stage 2 even tho the rest of the survivors are completely capable of unhooking you and the killer is busy is completely justifiable as it as a huge red flag about the players who are in your team.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,452
    edited July 2020

Hag is the best killer in the game, in terms balance

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

@Almo How dare you! Its a classic! When he poisons both drinks was funny but when she shoves him off the cliff and she figures out it him was pure gold! SHAME! It even had Andre The Giant!

• AVoiceOfReason

The game itself is pretty balanced compared to most games and it's your teammates that determine if you will win or lose.

• AVoiceOfReason
  • Samwise444
    Samwise444 Member Posts: 195

Not enough people can actually hold themself accountable as the reason they lost a match.

NOED and DS Aren't OP but are crutch perks and teach you bad habits. If you run them, I assume you are bad at the game and that you won't really improve.

Mori's and Keys are fine, but if you need them to win, You are bad at the game. I never get bummed if I lose a match because of them.

SWF does not mean they will automatically win.

Solo Que isn't awful and teaches you to rely on yourself. In terms, it makes you a better survivor. If you start out playing with friends, it might be fun, but you will have an unreasonable expectation on how to survive the game.

We are a toxic community.

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

Nurse is A-tier.

• Timeman63
    Timeman63 Member Posts: 185

I think DS doesn't need a huge rework like most people seem to think, just some tweaks to make it less abusable while still keeping the potential for brave and clutch plays. Perhaps something along the lines of this:

[DS ]should deactivate if you touch a gen, touch a totem, maybe touch an exit gate switch, sabo a hook, heal or attempt to unhook another survivor.

I forgot who exactly had this idea but my thoughts are pretty much the same.