The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Totems are garbage!!

FinLadd
FinLadd Member Posts: 190
edited September 2018 in General Discussions
Totems are garbage at their current state... Their spawn is too obvious... Next to the gen or out in the open where everyone who is not blind can see them and that is Bull... I can't keep them standing cuz everyone is looking for them and they don't actually need to even look for them...anyone else think this is bullshit 

Comments

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181
    edited September 2018

Totem placements have been ridiculous for a while now. The Groaning Storehouse could have three totems spawn in it at one time. I think that one of the biggest issues with totems is that a lot of survivors have memorized the usual spawn points. There needs to be more variety in where they spawn and maybe tweak it so they don't appear on top of hills. I think that would fix a lot of the issues with placements.

• swenpai
    swenpai Member Posts: 259
    As you "protect" gens from being worked on/completed.
    So you do with totems..
    They can be spawned in crappy places sometimes but eh.. I think they are okay.
  • CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

A potential change to Hex: Haunted Ground (NOTE: The perk works great as is, this is just a WHAT IF), is that it applies to all dull totems, making them appear to be hex totems. This will allow the perk to be used more than once, as many times as there are dull totems. Because of this, instead of the effect being felt map-wide, it would instead affect a large area around the totem, causing all nearby survivors to become Exposed. Pair that with Hex: Thrill of the Hunt, and you can instantly tell where the Exposed cleanser will be. In the case of Hex: No One Escapes Death, the dull totem becomes a hex totem and will no longer be trapped by Hex: Haunted Ground. The idea is to disguise which totem is the real hex totem, while having a chance to sabotage survivors.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    I'm not running ruin anymore because it dies before I can get to it almost every time 
  • FinLadd
    swenpai said:
    As you "protect" gens from being worked on/completed.
    So you do with totems..
    They can be spawned in crappy places sometimes but eh.. I think they are okay.
    Let's agree to disagree
  • Snapshot
    Snapshot Member Posts: 914

Also, ruin on high rank = wasted perk slot. I am not the best survivor, I have to say but even I can hit the great skillcheck 75% of the time I would say. Also ruin probably never survives more than a minute anyway. I rather just equip devour hope or any other non-hex perk

• FinLadd
    Snapshot said:

Also, ruin on high rank = wasted perk slot. I am not the best survivor, I have to say but even I can hit the great skillcheck 75% of the time I would say. Also ruin probably never survives more than a minute anyway. I rather just equip devour hope or any other non-hex perk

Exactly 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@FinLadd said:
    Totems are garbage at their current state... Their spawn is too obvious... Next to the gen or out in the open where everyone who is not blind can see them and that is Bull... I can't keep them standing cuz everyone is looking for them and they don't actually need to even look for them...anyone else think this is bullshit 

Uhm yeah.

Sadly instead of reworking the flawed mechanic, devs once again take the lazy way and generate bandaid help with that new hex perk

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

It would be nice if the killer could choose where the hexes are placed. I know it would take a huge amount of time and effort for the devs, but it would be interesting if during the loading screen, the killer can customize the where their hex perk(s) go. This can work in one of two ways, both of which gives the killer an advantage over the survivors by knowing the terrain in advance.

1. The killer would be given 30 seconds to free roam the map at 300% speed before the survivors spawn in. In this time, they would be completely unable to use their powers, and be able to see the auras of generators and hooks (places to avoid placing their hexes). The killers would be able to place the hex totems in a place of their choosing, requiring the hex perks be placed a certain distance away from each other (so they can't be clustered together). Placing a hex totem would work exactly like a Trapper placing his traps. Once the 30 seconds are over, the killer's vision will be masked and will be loaded into their spawn point. Any unplaced hex totems will then be randomly placed. Perhaps make killers always spawn in the basement (also for them to know exactly where it is), and have hex perks required to be placed a certain distance away from the basement.

2. The killer would be given 30 seconds to see a map of the trial. The map would show the location of all generators and hooks, and there would be dozens of circles of places hex totems could be placed (in the case of The Game, the top and bottom floors would show up side-by-side. The killer can select a circle, and the designated hex perk will spawn there. If the killer has more than one hex perk, the next hex would require it be placed a certain distance away from the first. After 30 seconds, the map goes away, and any unplaced hex totems will then be randomly placed.

Option A would allow the killer to attempt to make the hex totems hidden, whereas Option B would assign it to the general area. I'll be frank, as a survivor main, the totems have some crappy spawn points. I feel bad when hex totems can be found out in the open, like there was no attempt at all for the game to conceal it.

• FinLadd
    CoolAKn said:

It would be nice if the killer could choose where the hexes are placed. I know it would take a huge amount of time and effort for the devs, but it would be interesting if during the loading screen, the killer can customize the where their hex perk(s) go. This can work in one of two ways, both of which gives the killer an advantage over the survivors by knowing the terrain in advance.

1. The killer would be given 30 seconds to free roam the map at 300% speed before the survivors spawn in. In this time, they would be completely unable to use their powers, and be able to see the auras of generators and hooks (places to avoid placing their hexes). The killers would be able to place the hex totems in a place of their choosing, requiring the hex perks be placed a certain distance away from each other (so they can't be clustered together). Placing a hex totem would work exactly like a Trapper placing his traps. Once the 30 seconds are over, the killer's vision will be masked and will be loaded into their spawn point. Any unplaced hex totems will then be randomly placed. Perhaps make killers always spawn in the basement (also for them to know exactly where it is), and have hex perks required to be placed a certain distance away from the basement.

2. The killer would be given 30 seconds to see a map of the trial. The map would show the location of all generators and hooks, and there would be dozens of circles of places hex totems could be placed (in the case of The Game, the top and bottom floors would show up side-by-side. The killer can select a circle, and the designated hex perk will spawn there. If the killer has more than one hex perk, the next hex would require it be placed a certain distance away from the first. After 30 seconds, the map goes away, and any unplaced hex totems will then be randomly placed.

Option A would allow the killer to attempt to make the hex totems hidden, whereas Option B would assign it to the general area. I'll be frank, as a survivor main, the totems have some crappy spawn points. I feel bad when hex totems can be found out in the open, like there was no attempt at all for the game to conceal it.

Dude yes. .. We need this but im afraid that we will never get these awesome ideas through that People write on this forum

• Frockz551
    Frockz551 Member Posts: 45

@Vankruze said:
    well Hex: Ruin is META despite where it might end up spawning, also trapper and hag can protect it with ease.

Sure, a trapper or hag can protect it with ease if the survivors are ######### ######### or actually braindead

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@CoolAKn said:

+1 this would be amazing. If the killer could choose the spawn point it would fix the issue with totems being RNG nightmares. I know damn well i could find a better place for a totem then on top of a hill or next to generators.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

Now I'm not going to say everything about totems is perfect, but every other post I see has someone claiming Hex: Ruin is a must use perk. So staying as objective as possible, I don't think they're that bad. I'm totally down for some better totem spots, with TOTH, it's fairly easy to keep tabs on it.

• FinLadd
    Peanits said:

Now I'm not going to say everything about totems is perfect, but every other post I see has someone claiming Hex: Ruin is a must use perk. So staying as objective as possible, I don't think they're that bad. I'm totally down for some better totem spots, with TOTH, it's fairly easy to keep tabs on it.

That is True my friend but you have to choose between gens and totems you can't do that. 
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Peanits said:

Equip TOTH, Ruin, Devour Hope and Huntress Lullaby. Take the Hag and try to defend your totems as long as possible against SWF.
    Check your blood pressure before you start. Then again after the match.
    But please take your medicine first, if you suffer from high blood pressure.
    Then tell us about your experience.

I call it the heart attack challenge.
    I personally can't play more than 3 matches with this setup.
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Peanits said:

So... two perk slots to get one useful effect that can still be easily countered or cancelled entirely.

Why is the answer to every complaint, "use another perk slot"?  You only get 4, but to use all the perks suggested to fix basic game mechanic flaws, you would need:  Franklins (toolboxes & flishlights), Ruin & ToTH (gen rish), Lightborn (flashlights), Enduring (DS), Bamboozle (double vaults), brutal strength (looping and excesice pallets), agitation (with the upcoming sabo "fix")... the list goes on....

I for one would be perfectly happy with a mid-chapter, or even a full chapter, that contained nothing but basic map and mechanics fixes, maybe even ranking/matching fixes and DC punishments.  Instead we get lots a of new cosmetics and more band-aid/useless perks and another awesome looking but ultimately weak killer that suffers from the same broken mechanics the community has been citing for 2 years.
  • SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I'd totally be up for the killer being allowed to hide their own totems, some of their placements are so very tragic.

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

Garbage you say?

No I'm not violating ninja...
    I just think he's got some content made out of garbage...

Look at that face.
    bb, got nothing else to say!

• FinLadd
    Skorpanio said:

Garbage you say?

No I'm not violating ninja...
    I just think he's got some content made out of garbage...

Look at that face.
    bb, got nothing else to say!

This reminded me that even fortnite is more balanced than this FUUCCK! !