What Daily Rituals Do You Just Never [Skip/Do] ?

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Title.

I generally avoid all Survivor Daily Rituals and generally do all Killer ones.

I like my Survivor gameplay completely carefree.

If i start doing challenges, i'll start taking Survivor gameplay too seriously, and that's not my Survivor style.

What about you, you handsome fog dweller?

Comments

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

I pretty much always avoid new Freddy's rituals but I'll sometimes do the Nurse/Huntress ones.

And I'll generally always do quests involving Ace or stealth killers. Except GF, I skip him sometimes because his ritual has way too many requirements.

Also, if the BP reward is less than 30k, I usually skip.

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Generally just for killers I don't play, or some of the annoying ones on killer, like catch 3 survivors in a bear trap or hit 5 survivors with a fully charged shred.

• Boss

"his ritual has way too many requirements".

Perhaps you remember Doctor's previous Rite ritual?

Just zap 'em 4 times and you're done. 😜

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

I do neither, I keep forgetting it exist. I only realize it when I've completed a match and it pops up saying completed.

• _HSboom04_
    _HSboom04_ Member Posts: 34

Nurse, Legion, Oni, Ghostface, Billy, Hag,Huntress, Bubba, Pig, Spirit, Demo....basically any killer I'm not proficient enough with and any Mori rituals.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

any survivor specific challenges.

i dont play survivor a whole lot and i only really leveled Claudette, so i aint gonna go and try to open a gate as a lvl 1 Ace at rank 1.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

I avoid all Hag rituals. I dislike 'escape with this character' rituals, but will sometimes do em. I like the mori rituals because they're easy to complete.

But, I hardly ever complete daily rituals. I complete 3 rituals that will reward me the highest amount of BP and simply don't claim them until the next chapter comes out. Just feels good to save up BP via the archives and rituals to splash out on a new character, even if the BP from 3 daily rituals don't amount to much in the grand scheme of things.

• Boss

I do the Survivor ones that don't affect the way i prefer to play.

I do all for Killer.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241

Skipping less than 30k points, huntress and moris.

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096

I personally skip the mori ones as killer and sometimes the ones that involve a character that I dont like playing. Though I like doing the ones where you need to escape with a certain survivor.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

i play either side but get rid of any under 30K.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165
    edited August 2020

Always skip Mori.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

I skip any that are less than 30k. Like that 20k Wraith one.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I do any Jake rituals, and any Killer ritual for a Killer within my pool (usually GF, Wraith, Spirit, Pig, Billy, or Huntress.)

I skip anything else.

• kate_best_girl
    kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184

Any survivor rituals that aren't Cheryl, Kate, Feng, or Claudette

• Doudou
    Doudou Member Posts: 36

Anything that involves me having to survive as survivor or play a killer I can't play; these dailies I always skip.

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

I normally skip them all, but if I do decide to do one, it would be a survivor one.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,221

Anything to do with Hillbilly, Most Nurse dailies (I might do chase ones), Spirit's special daily (Getting a hit in that short timeframe is annoying), Ghost Face's special daily (too much needs to go right for this to work), and non-specific Survivor dailies (I like having a specific character to do them).

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

I always skip Mori and most specific survivor rituals, as well as rituals for Trapper Traps and Wraith uncloaking.

• sad_killer_main
    sad_killer_main Member Posts: 785

Easy.

I always skip survivor ones because I'm a main killer so I don't like playing survivor :P

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

More than any other, I recycle the "Perform 180 seconds of Cooperative Action" Ritual. It is the only one which I cannot reliably complete in one trial, and I don't like being so entirely reliant on other players to be able to finish this ritual.

I also find it to be the most time-consuming ritual to finish in all of DbD. Considering gens are the main cooperative action (group healing is too, but that only counts for a few seconds at best) and two survivors can finish one full generator in about 47 seconds, that would require almost 4 full gens to be finished cooperatively to finish this ritual. 4.5 gens if someone is running Prove Thyself. That is a LOT of Gen-Repair Simulator for only one ritual.

Even though it doesn't pay well, I don't recycle the Wraith Ritual. It's easy to do and gives me more excuses to play Wraith (as if I needed them).

I never recycle mori rituals due to their high BP rewards (around like 50-60k each, I think). My mori offerings are saved almost exclusively for finishing theses rituals easily.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I usually avoid the challenges that require me to kill survivors by the Killer's hand, aka, Mori. I don't consider Moris fun, and I know for a fact neither do survivors. Instantly killing someone after just one hook with no counter to it is boring gameplay. I'm just glad that BHVR is reworking Moris, but I'm surprised it took this long to do it.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I only play killer so I trash the survivor missions. I almost never trash killer missions, though, I just play whichever killer my oldest mission is for each night and do that mission. I even do the Nurse missions even though Nurse is easily the most annoying killer to play in the game. (She's potentially powerful but by far the least fun to actually use with all the stunned wheezing looking at your feet. Nurse would be my number 1 candidate for a revamp. Maybe at least let her look around while she's stunned and make the blink timer take a little longer to refresh to compensate? That would at least let you look around while you're stuck in place. )

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

I rarely do them at all.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Ghosface's ability daily, Survivor dailies that require you to play a specific character (unless it's someone who I've leveled up), and any Nurse dailies (except the chase one).

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Heal another survivor X health states. That one is way harder to do than it sounds. You have a few options. We'll make it off of the hook, a killer that spreads the pain around, or a player that injured themselves getting someone else up off the ground.

"Hey I just rescued you off the hook let me hea-" ZOOOOOOM across the map it goes! All pallets dropped! Sound barrier cracked! No stopping that survivor!

"A lot of survivors are injured, where's my team of immersed Claudettes? Oh, self cared to full health." *Bush becomes fully healed*

"Hey let me heal you." *Killer is right on that survivors tail and you get hit tanking a blow*

Bill comes out of nowhere after you get away. "Hold on, let me heal you."

"Thanks Bill-HEYWAITAMINUTE!"

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825

i skip nurses because hate playing her and ghostface because even though in like playing him his daily makes it impossible to play normally.

oh and that "leave with a new item" one for survivor

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited August 2020

Mostly I skip Nurse, Huntress, Clown and Billy because I don't like them and I often skip the 20-25k ones.

Normally I play all other dailies because I'm afraid to get Nurse, Huntress, Clown and Billy on recycling XD but my favourites are moris and unhooks (because of BP) and escape with an item, because I rarely play item builds and these dailies remind me how good they can be :)

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

exit gate, co-op, spirit, trapper, and billy rituals are the ones i skip

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

I skip survivor rituals and Nurse/Wraith rituals.

I only skip Plagues at the moment because she is, as a killer, broken atm.

• seki23
    seki23 Member Posts: 833

u can make it with devour hope is way funnier and rewarding.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

Why not use your Dev powers to make the wraith one 30K?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I never do spirit rituals because I suck at phasing. I also hate legion because it's easy to do but I know I'm going to lose that match.

• TheOhioHutcH
    TheOhioHutcH Member Posts: 178

I skip every daily that has anything to do with Demo, spirit, nurse, and sometimes the one that asks you to escape with a new item as Survivor.

All the other one's I do.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I always trash the mori ones.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

Low-priority concern. :) It's not the only issue with Rituals. When we get to updating that system, we'll go over the whole thing.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited August 2020

If your less then 30'000 points you going in the trash thank god the sabo challenge is in that category. Mori yield too many points to be thrown away imo. So if you really hate mori's practice self control throw on either a yellow or green mori and mori on death hook or end game. It's not that hard to pass on mori'ing later and hey if a survivor brings a key its an even playing field to early mori.

• SaltedSnow
    SaltedSnow Member Posts: 309

If you made rituals weekly quests that aren't as strict in terms of method of completion I think people would enjoy it. Might help with burnout too, I've got quite a few friends who don't play DbD anymore after the tomes were released due to intense burnout.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Very true, but you'd have better odds at winning the lottery than having devour hope last long enough to pull off a Mori.😄

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568

I do survivor rituals only if I have incomplete archives for survivors. As killer I do almost all rituals except Ghostface.

• Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232

Any survivor ones except general ones like co cop or ones for ace and yui.

Any one for wraith, clown or leatherface

• HagIsBestGirl
    HagIsBestGirl Member Posts: 158

Almost always skip mors amibitio, unless it's a killer I have a lot of time into.

I'd spend more points getting a Mori or finding the right perk than I'd get from finishing the challenge, lol.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977

All of them... I stopped doing them a long time ago as the amount of effort you have to put into them doesn't match the reward for doing them.

• janeromeroismyqueen
    janeromeroismyqueen Member Posts: 10

Mori people. I don't really need the bloodpoints that badly. It feels bad to be moried when I play survivor so I hate doing it when I play killer.

I also avoid anything for the nurse or any of the killers I don't really play. I tried to do a nurse daily once...let's just say I ended up deleting it. Lol.

• mostlyghostly
    mostlyghostly Member Posts: 135

Are you serious?! You do realise that buffing the amount of BPs would take literally 10 seconds. What even happens at BHVR studios? This isn't an indie game anymore, you have millions of dollars..