The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

WHY ?!

MapleSyrup780
MapleSyrup780 Member Posts: 11
edited October 2020 in General Discussions

Can I just ask why players are penalized when its the game that decides to crash ?! I have put in HOURS the past week trying to get down to rank 12, and luckily enough I made it to rank 11. The reset happened today and I was rank 12 with 2 pips. 

I get into my first match of the night, load into the game and don't even get out of my spawn before the game makes a god awful buzzing noise and completely crashes. This of course pisses me off because someone used the gateau and I had an escape cake.

Well, little did i know it got worse.. thanks DBD because once I crashed I went back to rank 14, got a matchmaking lock AND lost my offering. 

FIX. YOUR. TRASH. SERVERS.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• MapleSyrup780

Alright, this game is so broken i officially want to unbuy it.

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341

Don't worry m8 there are many other people that feel the same. Take a break for a while, you'll enjoy doing nothing rather than playing this game.

• girlchris90037
    girlchris90037 Member Posts: 4

this happend to me also your lucky i was 12 and put back to 16 and then disconnections not mine or the first match buzzzz disconnected and pips gone now 17 i give up aparently i will not be able to get past 16 ever agian or if i did i will lose my rank to some disconnector that takes the pips away and or some crossplay team disconnecting with no penalties for them they still do it everygame .. holding a one man game usually isnt to easy and gets -1 always

• TriforceFiend
    TriforceFiend Member Posts: 1

Yeah I've had the same thing happen to me twice this week. I really enjoy playing this game but I'm about fed up with being penalized for things I can't control.

• iRoy
    iRoy Member Posts: 15

Then maybe let's go back to the times when we haven't any penalties for dc?

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I don't miss times with first 30s double insta DC because killer is spirit. I'm much happier with those specific players beiing forced to at least die on a hook if they want to evade the penalty and ruin the match for others.

Random crash punishment (which I pretty much never had) once every once in a while isn't worth going back to those days. Penalties for DCing are needed, either these or some other kind because people enjoying ruining the matches with quitting far too much.

• iRoy

People are still doing it, no matter if there is penalty or not for disconnecting and if devs can't distinguish if someone dc or got game crash then there is a problem, ofc it's someway good that people who dc get penalty (even if it's only for 5 minutes) BUT there is a problem if people who got game crash also get a penalty for not their fault.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I wish the dc penalty was reduced based on how many normal rounds you play, so people who play more overall aren't punished more (someone who plays more has more chances to end up crashing or lag spike or something just by probability yet their amount of games doesn't seem to be taken into account). Someone who plays a lot could dc a much smaller percentage of the time than someone who plays a little yet currently the person who plays a lot would still get punished more simply due to the fact that they dc'd more numerically speaking, but not proportionally speaking

If I play 2 games a day and dc (by any means) once that's 50% of my games but the penalty isn't so bad

But if I play 30 games a day and dc (by any means) 3 times that's just 10% of my games but I'd get punished way harder

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Nope, let's NOT go back to the time before DC penalties. Prior to the penalties, I ran into someone DC'ing almost 2 out 3 games. Now, it is uncommon for me to see it at all. I'm sorry for those of you who say things are crashing, but my suggestion is get your system or your internet sorted, because ninety-nine times out of a hundred the crash is NOT on the game's side. You simply don't have the system resources or internet to handle it. Who knows why? Perhaps you have malware, viruses, an old machine, or you are insisting on playing on a system that is below what is recommended. It doesn't matter; I don't believe you when you claim it is a crash.

Why? Because prior to the DC penalties I rarely heard anyone complaining about crashes. These mysterious crashes always seem to spike if/when DC penalties get put back in. Nobody is buying what you are selling. The DEV and the Moderators will always be polite and give you the benefit of the doubt. I don't have to do that. Sort out your issues, and then come and play. The water is fine now that all the DC types are out of the pool.

• iRoy

Recently when we had like a month without penalties for dc I met only 2 people who dc because of not liking a map and for getting facecamped and now we have again stupid penalties (yah it's stupid if you get ban for example on 15minutes because you got game crashed) and I don't see any difference sine then because people are still disconnecting for fun, because of glitches or even Devour Hope.

I also sometimes dc if I get hit by hatchet that flew 2 meters past me because I'm not gonna play more a match because of bugs that are with us 4 years.

I just feel sorry for those people who for example play not really often in DbD and unfortunaly they get game crash and boom they have penalty for not their fault.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
  • dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Couldn't you just have a 3 strike system for DC and if they run out of strikes for the day they have a 24 hour penalty?

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Maybe you could consider the fact that this game might be getting more broken and unstable with each patch they put out because there's just way too much in the game now? Paired with the other fact that UE4 is already bad enough and it's a lottery if some games even boot up on some people's PCs, I don't even need to mention console. And the other other fact that they're updating the graphics when the game is already so unoptimised, and it's now objectively running worse than it was before? The crashes didn't appear out of nowhere because DC penalties are now a thing, this game is performing worse than it ever has done.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

This would allow malfeasant players to ruin the game for 12 other players per day. :(

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited November 2020

I might have considered that if I, myself, had ever experienced even a single crash. I haven't. I've clocked in 1500+ in hours since starting my little journey. A knee injury and a lot of time on the couch will grant that. So pray tell why I haven't had any crashes? Statistically if they are this common and the game is that unstable, surely in 1500+ hours I would have had one, right?

• piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102

A DC wouldn't cause you to lose two ranks. Fix your internet, fix your PC before blaming it on BHVR.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Every single time I've seen buzzing freezes on a game, it's been caused by a hardware problem, not a software one.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    edited November 2020

That's a possibility, however a system like this could cause people to be more cautious since they would have a very limited number of DC they are allowed with. And in the event that would happen they would be punished greatly with a penalty of 24 hours.

Also it could help take away unwanted penalties for things out of the players control. Like "oh the game crashed its ok because I have 2 more strikes left".

With this system the good seems to outweigh the bad.

• MapleSyrup780

I can admit I still do if I'm going against a toxic doctor

• Wait, what? It should be, did you guys make a mistake? Plenty of games can tell that much. I mean if it can detect enough to actually say "reporting this crash" it should be able to ping the server to tell it not to issue a ban,

In fact I thought this was already the case because the game HAS crashed and not penalized me for it previously, so now I am just confused.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428
    edited December 2020

@Almo

Not that I disagree with what you’re saying, but I often wonder this question:

The game itself has a “Leave Match” button, it even wants to make sure you really mean to leave by asking you again.

It seems odd to me that people are getting put on time outs based on “game occurring” crashes vs them actually selecting the option to leave. I know this is just my opinion but how come you guys arent looking into how many people are actually “pulling” the plug vs selecting the option to quit?

It seems so unreasonable that people with decent internet get punished because the system isn’t perfect in terms of being able to tell the difference.

• MapleSyrup780

1. I have 2GB upload and download so it's not my internet I pay over $120 for my internet.

2. I play on an Xbox Series X

Don't you think I would have ruled out my internet and console before posing about it? I wasn't the only one of my friends having the issue.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187

It took you....

10 months to reply to this dead thread?

• RandDBD
    RandDBD Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2021

I had issues like you and always saw that kind of answers. Some people here are outright freaking stupid and think that we are as stupid as them. I know your pain, I once got up to a whole freaking week banned because their servers were freaking awful and they kept disconnecting me. I'm in Mexico, I pay a lot for internet here and constantly got a DC. I noticed that Russians, Argentineans ,Brazilians, Chileans, Mexicans and Southern US people had the same issue

Edit: And before some of you bright minds come here telling me that it was my fault, THE DEVS OUTRIGHT ADDED A THREAD ADDRESSING "RANDOM DISCONNECTS" AND THAT THEY WERE LOOKING INTO THOSE LAST YEAR BECAUSE IT GOT THAT BAD

What was the solution according to some of the bright minds in this forum? That it was my fault for living in Mexico and should move out to a "better country"

That's the kind of people you're dealing with in these forums, that kind of ass backwards mentality is what you're dealing with. It shows that these people have never been rude to someone IRL and got their faces beaten.

• MapleSyrup780

YES ! Relatable. So very relatable. I live in Canada, we actually have really, really good internet here. I pay a lot for my 2 gigs, and I've never had an issue with my internet, ever. People are always like "oh its your internet " 9 times out of 10 it's not my internet, it's the game. I usually don't post on here unless I know other people are having the same issues.