We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Will Cross Progression include DLC?

Meaning if I bought DLC on Xbox and had Cosmetics on Xbox would that Transfer over to PC/Ps4 by linking my DbD account to those respective platforms? Or would I have to force myself to rebuy every DLC that I bought on Xbox?

Comments

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

You'd presumably keep any DLC that you "own" on either platform. At least, that'd be my guess.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,004

As there is no cross progression between Steam and those platforms it's impossible to answer if this is ever implemented

• WestX
    WestX Member Posts: 120

I'd like to know if we're going to see Cross progression with Console versions at all. Most of my friends play on Xbox and I'd love to just move over there to make it easier to play with them outside of crossplay, but sadly right now there's only Cross Progression with Steam and Stadia (Such a useless feature, its only good for people who were dumb enough to buy into stadia to move to an actually functioning platform)

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    edited November 2020

They said they would litterally in the 3rd anniversary livestream that's litterally what Cross Progression means...? Does it not? Cause Cross Progression between PC Versions ain't the same cause that's just Progression. It's like saying hey you know what would be fun? PC users get to have Progression on PC OMG!!!!!

Which they have stated would come for all versions Switch & All. And yes I watched 3rd anniversary stream of its entirity when they announced this.

And they Did only PC first. Which if you haven't already seen their thread about that it's on the website. They did Steam and the Windows store to test out if this process was doable. Which it was. Cause in pretty sure It has yet to be removed.

So it was confirmed for all platforms. Using a: "Behaviour Account" but an ETA for other platforms is unknown.

So yes it would be unknown if DLC would transfer yet if its possible on PC why would it not on Xbox?

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited November 2020

I believe Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo have the final say in cross progression and they are more open to it thesedays. It's a win win for them because it drives more players to their respective platforms.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,716
    edited November 2020

They confirmed it for Steam, Stadia and Switch but they explicitly said they cant say if they can get it for the other platforms.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,004

@Michael_Myers this is the information that we've made available with regards to Cross Progression.

• Fac_attack
    Fac_attack Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2022

It would be nice for devs to, you know, give a crap and clarify.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited September 2022

It's weird we still don't have any info about it, a lot of games have been getting crossprogression, so I though Sony/microsoft weren't that strict anymore.

Maybe it's the pricing changes? I noticed that in some countries dlcs and auric cells are more expensive depending on the platform you're playing.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,803

I see y'all necro'd an old thread about console Cross Progression. Sadly nothing has changed since this roughly two year old post, hence why the devs have not commented on it.

But we should prolly let the bones of this post rest my friends.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,716

they have clarified it though?

no cross progression coming for consoles except for switch (without an ETA) - it might change later on but you shouldn’t count on it.