Not to sound like an SJW, but....

Why are all the female killers slower than there male counterparts?

I think the ONLY exception might be the Pig.

Come on...why are you guys intent making chases hard on female killers?

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

They’re just given stronger abilities. Devs realize full speed would be crazy. Also, pig is 115 like everyone else. Doc is 110 in treatment. Myers is 104 in tier 1. Etc

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Vortexas said:
    Why are all the female killers slower than there male counterparts?

I think the ONLY exception might be the Pig.

Come on...why are you guys intent making chases hard on female killers?

This exact same thread and question already exist and I already proved why it was wrong.

• IAmTheRedd
    IAmTheRedd Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2018

But tbh, those female killers can literally teleport, throw projectiles, or move extremely fast. I don't think it's intentional, those killers are slow because they need to have some sort of downside for such strong powers.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    edited September 2018

@IAmTheRedd said:
    But tbh, those female killers can literally teleport, throw projectiles, or move extremely fast. I don't think it's intentional, those killers are slow because they need to have some sort of downside for such strong powers.

By that Logic then shouldn't Hillbilly for example be slower than your average killer due to the speed burst he gets during chainsaws?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

why are the femal killers the most powerful?

all these questions...

• IAmTheRedd
    IAmTheRedd Member Posts: 14

He has to charge that chainsaw much longer than the Nurse needs to charge a blink, or the Hag needs to place a trap. Billy himself is highly restricted turn-wise during a sprint, a Billy wont be able to precisely track a survivor at high speeds like The Spirit, or Nurse; He has to be in an open area to get that hit, or be literally behind the survivor. And on top of that he, just like the nurse, has a small recovery time after the sprint, whether it be a hit animation or a crash animation.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,530
    edited September 2018

It's based on abilities. Take huntress for example. She's ranged, so that's balanced out by making her a 4.4m/s killer. Or the nurse. She can blink through absolutely everything and cross the map faster than 4.6m/s killers by blinking. Making her 4.6m/s on top of that would be bonkers. It'd be like, "Oops, you missed your 3-5 blinks (because you know they usin' them add-ons), oh well, you're only a few meters away from them now so you can still hit them anyway."

The pig, though, does not have an ability that warrants a slower movement speed. She's got a normal lunge, or a long lunge that she can't use in a chase (if she does, she loses enough ground that she will not hit it). As a result, she has a 4.6m/s movement speed since she does not have an additional power in a chase to help her out.

It just so happens that most of the ladies have abilities that allow them to cover large distances or attack from a distance.

For the male killers, there's not really any that need a default 4.4m/s or slower movement speed. Those that do move slower only move slower sometimes (Myers EW1, Doctor in treatment). The best contender for a slower movement speed would be the hillbilly given his instant downs and fast sprint, I guess, but all launch killers had the exact same 4.6m/s movement speed. Even then, I don't really think he needs a slower movement speed. He's still perfectly fine as is.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Jack11803 said:
    They’re just given stronger abilities. Devs realize full speed would be crazy. Also, pig is 115 like everyone else. Doc is 110 in treatment. Myers is 104 in tier 1. Etc

I think the word "stronger abilities" can be discussed after the last patch.... :wink:

• Jack11803

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

I think the word "stronger abilities" can be discussed after the last patch.... :wink:

Nurse literally ignores game mechanics.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

The Nurse's power allows her to bypass terrain, just like every other Killer power allows them to do something the others can't (invisibility for the Wraith, no terror radius for the Pig, etc.). She can still be stunned, blinded, juked, and so on.

• Jack11803

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

The Nurse's power allows her to bypass terrain, just like every other Killer power allows them to do something the others can't (invisibility for the Wraith, no terror radius for the Pig, etc.). She can still be stunned, blinded, juked, and so on.

You misses the point. I’m saying nurse is really strong, he’s saying that their speed isn’t because of good abilities, and that their abilities are bad. (Spirit is who he’s mainly referring to.)

• Orion

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

You misses the point. I’m saying nurse is really strong, he’s saying that their speed isn’t because of good abilities, and that their abilities are bad. (Spirit is who he’s mainly referring to.)

I get your point. I'm just trying to make sure you don't spread misinformation about the Nurse.

• Jack11803

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

I get your point. I'm just trying to make sure you don't spread misinformation about the Nurse.

Ah, ok.

• DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    My dude, if you’re 7’4 you’re gunna have like 3 foot strides when you walk. Why do you think Trapper doesn’t bother to run? 
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Peanits said:
    The pig, though, does not have an ability that warrants a slower movement speed. She's got a normal lunge, or a long lunge that she can't use in a chase (if she does, she loses enough ground that she will not hit it). As a result, she has a 4.6m/s movement speed since she does not have an additional power in a chase to help her out.

You can use her lunge on small loops if they stay at the loop which is helping in a chase..

• DeadByFlashlight

@Jack11803 said:

@Orion said:

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

I am refering to spirit and huntress yeah

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,530

@Zanfer said:

@Peanits said:

You can use her lunge on small loops if they stay at the loop which is helping in a chase..

You can, but if they notice and sprint away, you lose a lot of ground.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@Peanits said:

@Zanfer said:

@Peanits said:

You can, but if they notice and sprint away, you lose a lot of ground.

Yupp, but you can bait the crouch come back out of it right away and they run away from the loop losing barley any ground :)

• dderosa1292
    dderosa1292 Member Posts: 5
    Because like SJWs, you don't check your facts before make Looney toon 'injustice' statements
  • Orion

@dderosa1292 said:
    Because like SJWs, you don't check your facts before make Looney toon 'injustice' statements

One out of five female Killers moves at default speed (115%, or 4.6 m/s). All the others move more slowly. One out of eight male Killers moves below default speed, and his power allows him to get a permanent boost in speed. Do you really have to be so pedantic as to ignore the bigger picture?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Nurse > teleport
    Hag > teleport
    Huntress > projectile
    Spirit > invisible fast walk

That's why they are slow. Also 3 of them are considered top tier, while only 1 male killer is considered top tier. Also Myers is slow killer too in EW1 or if he uses a Tombstone and Freddy is a slow killer if he uses paint brush.

If anything the game favors female killers. Spirit is the first mid-tier one we got.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Orion said:

@dderosa1292 said:

One out of five female Killers moves at default speed (115%, or 4.6 m/s). All the others move more slowly. One out of eight male Killers moves below default speed, and his power allows him to get a permanent boost in speed. Do you really have to be so pedantic as to ignore the bigger picture?

There's no issue here. The reason they have slower base movement speeds is to make up for their abilities. The Huntress has range, the Nurse has a blink, the hag has teleportation, the Spirit has her phase, and the Pig moves at base speed. And funny enough, the Nurse is the strongest killer in the game and the Hag and Huntress are viable. You can argue that the Spirit is weak, but so are Freddy and Leatherface and they've sucked for a while now. Billy moves at base movement speed and has a speed boost as well as an insta-down, but I believe that they released him like that because all killers moved the same at the time. The Nurse is still stronger than he is. I think claiming that the devs are sexist for how they design female killers is silly. Honestly, the male killers have had it worse. Freddy is terrible, Leatherface is terrible, before his buff, Trapper wasn't that good and neither was the Wraith. The only top-tier male killer is Billy. The others are Nurse, Huntress, and Hag.

• Orion

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Orion said:

@dderosa1292 said:

There's no issue here. The reason they have slower base movement speeds is to make up for their abilities. The Huntress has range, the Nurse has a blink, the hag has teleportation, the Spirit has her phase, and the Pig moves at base speed. And funny enough, the Nurse is the strongest killer in the game and the Hag and Huntress are viable. You can argue that the Spirit is weak, but so are Freddy and Leatherface and they've sucked for a while now. Billy moves at base movement speed and has a speed boost as well as an insta-down, but I believe that they released him like that because all killers moved the same at the time. The Nurse is still stronger than he is. I think claiming that the devs are sexist for how they design female killers is silly. Honestly, the male killers have had it worse. Freddy is terrible, Leatherface is terrible, before his buff, Trapper wasn't that good and neither was the Wraith. The only top-tier male killer is Billy. The others are Nurse, Huntress, and Hag.

I'm not saying there's an issue, I'm just pointing out the pedantry.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

Its balancing you know? females are by far more "powerful" than male charecters on both survivor and killer. Nurse has blinking claudette is basically the survivor version of wraith. So they have to be nerfed in some sort of way.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

She doesn't ignore skill, though, and neither does Huntress. The Spirit could probably use a buff, but the Pig, Hag, and Huntress don't (minus hatchet hitbox fix).

• TROYlel
    TROYlel Member Posts: 4
    HotPokket?
  • dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

@Peanits said:
    It's based on abilities. Take huntress for example. She's ranged, so that's balanced out by making her a 4.4m/s killer. Or the nurse. She can blink through absolutely everything and cross the map faster than 4.6m/s killers by blinking. Making her 4.6m/s on top of that would be bonkers. It'd be like, "Oops, you missed your 3-5 blinks (because you know they usin' them add-ons), oh well, you're only a few meters away from them now so you can still hit them anyway."

It just so happens that most of the ladies have abilities that allow them to cover large distances or attack from a distance.

For the male killers, there's not really any that need a default 4.4m/s or slower movement speed. Those that do move slower only move slower sometimes (Myers EW1, Doctor in treatment). The best contender for a slower movement speed would be the hillbilly given his instant downs and fast sprint, I guess, but all launch killers had the exact same 4.6m/s movement speed. Even then, I don't really think he needs a slower movement speed. He's still perfectly fine as is.

she cant blink through everything. the maps have tons of dead zones that she collides with and i read after this patch it added more lol .... pretty good job so far indeed. the nurse is hindered by the fact those areas havent been fixed

• Jack11803

@Eninya said:

@Jack11803 said:

@DeadByFlashlight said:

@Jack11803 said:

She doesn't ignore skill, though, and neither does Huntress. The Spirit could probably use a buff, but the Pig, Hag, and Huntress don't (minus hatchet hitbox fix).

Skill ain’t a literal game mechanic.

• Global
    Global Member Posts: 770

This has folded into another one of those "nerf nurse", "no she is fine were she is" kinda threads huh?

• DeadByFlashlight
    edited September 2018

@Global said:
    This has folded into another one of those "nerf nurse", "no she is fine were she is" kinda threads huh?

It always ends like this when killers want a viable killer like nurse and then survivors claiming nurse OP cus cant loop
    Just sad..... so much potential wasted

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    edited September 2018

To the original post: I think it's meant to reflect reality. As Platon said so wisely, women are capable of everything that men do, just worse in every aspect. There's still a role for women of course (as our Creator loves all His children), but they must know their place: as obedient daughters, faithful wives and dutiful mothers.
    Think about it: women are more prone to sin. Without the guidance of a strong, wise man, a woman is like a lost child, blindly stumbling in the darkness, and they often stray from the path of virtue.
    This is why Huntress has only 110% movement speed. Obviously.

• Jack11803

@George_Soros said:
    To the original post: I think it's meant to reflect reality. As Platon said so wisely, women are capable of everything that men do, just worse in every aspect. There's still a role for women of course (as our Creator loves all His children), but they must know their place: as obedient daughters, faithful wives and dutiful mothers.
    Think about it: women are more prone to sin. Without the guidance of a strong, wise man, a woman is like a lost child, blindly stumbling in the darkness, and they often stray from the path of virtue.
    This is why Huntress has only 110% movement speed. Obviously.

Except that pig, who breaks all of your rules, and religions rules by giving her own judgment of people is at 115 speed. Or that nurse has the ability to traverse like no one else can... or that several male killers are also slower than 115%