The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What are you most excited for in the big June update?

I am extremely excited for the cosmetic store. I am most interested and excited in that. How about you?

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

Potential balance changes and new content.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member Posts: 2

Store, Killer and survivor, New map but honestly, reading the bug fix portion of the patch notes to see what was broken i didn't know about getting fixed.

• Taka94
    Taka94 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2018

I'm looking forward to the fresh feeling coming into the game again, it has been a while since new content has arrived and I look forward to all the bug fixes and new mechanics that were introduced to us over the last couple weeks such as the hatch closing feature and the new pallet system so survivors don't teleport to the other side while I am swinging lmao. Aside from that, my wallet is going to be pretty damn empty playing Fashion by Daylight that is for damn sure LOL.

• DRAGOON
    DRAGOON Member Posts: 126

Cosmetic store for sure.

• MattRiles
    MattRiles Member Posts: 10

New Content. I think we've been through a similar period between Hag and Doc DLCs, which hasn't been good for the game. The promise of new chapters every 3 months is very exciting. Very much looking forward to seeing what the new chapter has to offer.

• AsianMammoth
    AsianMammoth Member Posts: 86

DS rework

• hegewaldd
    hegewaldd Member Posts: 30

@weirdkid5 said:
    For the game to actually be balanced and for the survivor role to be one of fear instead of bullying.

you're joking right? after 30 hours in game nobody is going to be "scared."

this game is not scary, and will never have the feeling that you first got in your very first game. The only thing that your suggestion will lead to is a big outrage and riot from the community.

• hegewaldd

The store and the absence of the content drought. Not much else to be excited about

@Jeff said:
    Can't wait for you guys to get your hands on the new content! Hypeeeee

yo do you guys happen to have like booty shorts for meg or something in said content?

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405

Pallet vacuum removal. I might be able to go back to wraith, my first rank one killer.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

A few things... but I'm mostly excited for some balance changes that give the killer more power. This isn't called "Survive by Daylight". It's called "Dead by Daylight" and is a game with tremendous potential still and a loyal following.

It should feel more "survival horror" and less action like. The emblem system is a great step in the right direction. Love it to be honest.

• KrullRaven
    KrullRaven Member Posts: 2

I am looking forward to the new survivor and perks

• Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

I am excited to watch everyone on PC play it for a week while I wait for it on Console. So my hype and excitement is at an all time low

• Boxohobo
    Boxohobo Member Posts: 50

New Killer and new map!

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

Being able to unlock new characters. I've reached the point where I've leveled up everyone I'm ever going to actually play and now all the extra BPs just overflow into nothing. I don't even bother spending them on my maxed characters since I almost never bring items into a match. So, it will be nice to have new places to dump BP again.

• Setsune
    Setsune Member Posts: 71

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    For the game to actually be balanced and for the survivor role to be one of fear instead of bullying.

this game is not scary, and will never have the feeling that you first got in your very first game. The only thing that your suggestion will lead to is a big outrage and riot from the community.

I disagree,i still get scared from time to time, Michael Myers mostly, those jump scares xD

• hegewaldd

@Setsune said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

I disagree,i still get scared from time to time, Michael Myers mostly, those jump scares xD

That seems to be a major concern for most players. He's not even hard to spot. He's very tall and has a very bright mask. The way to avoid him is just to either 1) figure out what killer it is 2) avoid doing blind generators 3) get him to stalk you.

most people don't really care to avoid him and then get "jumpscared." If you don't put the effort in then yeah, you're going to get a small jumpscare. Not sure if i'd call that being scared, however.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

I'm most excited for some balance changes, and the cosmetic store. All survivors are in need of new looks!

• Venom
    Venom Member Posts: 32

Definitely the cosmetic store. I can’t wait to see what kinds of outfits they have come up with for all the various characters, even though most might just be color swaps. I am also extremely excited for the new map which judging by the Pax teaser will hopefully be Carnival/Freakshow themed.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@hegewaldd said:

@Setsune said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

That seems to be a major concern for most players. He's not even hard to spot. He's very tall and has a very bright mask. The way to avoid him is just to either 1) figure out what killer it is 2) avoid doing blind generators 3) get him to stalk you.

most people don't really care to avoid him and then get "jumpscared." If you don't put the effort in then yeah, you're going to get a small jumpscare. Not sure if i'd call that being scared, however.

"Scary" is a relative term. Of course you aren't going to be scared. I mean survivor needs to remain a role of stress and suspense, which it currently is not.

• GrapeeJuiice
    GrapeeJuiice Member Posts: 4

@weirdkid5 said:

Im hyped for balance but I highly doubt there will ever be true fear for the survivors.

• GrapeeJuiice
    GrapeeJuiice Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2018

Cosmetic store.
    I love me some cosmetics :)

• hegewaldd

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Setsune said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

"Scary" is a relative term. Of course you aren't going to be scared. I mean survivor needs to remain a role of stress and suspense, which it currently is not.

You want stress? Because i don't want stress. Nobody wants stress dude. This is a video game, it's supposed to be enjoyable. You want stress? Try ranking up as a survivor with the new emblem solo when you've been stuck at the same rank for 2 days. Every game is stressful.

You're not going to increase stress without making it less enjoyable, and the less enjoyable it is, the more ranting and leaving players do. I just don't understand your logic here.

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

to be honest. everything will be great. But the new outfit of the Doc is defenetly my favorite

• Secundus
    Secundus Member Posts: 52

Killers, survivors, shop update all looking good...

but that theme that girl plays on guitar got me interested a lot more than others. :)

• weirdkid5

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Setsune said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

You want stress? Because i don't want stress. Nobody wants stress dude. This is a video game, it's supposed to be enjoyable. You want stress? Try ranking up as a survivor with the new emblem solo when you've been stuck at the same rank for 2 days. Every game is stressful.

You're not going to increase stress without making it less enjoyable, and the less enjoyable it is, the more ranting and leaving players do. I just don't understand your logic here.

Stress simply means pressure in this case. Sorry, but there are different kinds of fun. And currently the game does not fit the initial vision of the game and is an unfun mess for the Killer.

I have been leveling in the new ranking system. I'm a survivor main Brodie, it isn't a particularly difficult task to pip. Harder for sure. But it was way too easy in the past. There are a few things I would adjust about the Emblems but for the most part, they're fine and should stay in the game. If you've stayed in the same rank for 2 days, that's probably the rank you belong in. I'm just saying fam.

• Jeff
    Jeff Dev Posts: 46

@Livux said:

@Jeff said:
    Can't wait for you guys to get your hands on the new content! Hypeeeee

Can't wait for new bugs! Lmao.
    We are excited, too!

I find your lack of faith disturbing

...i did it for the memes

• Antero
    Antero Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 39

@hegewaldd Ranking up is stressfull? If You really tryahrd and know how to win and how emblem system works You have no problem with ranking up. We just want survivors to feel less confident, and for the game to be challenging not only for a single site ;)

• hegewaldd

@Antero said:
    @hegewaldd Ranking up is stressfull? If You really tryahrd and know how to win and how emblem system works You have no problem with ranking up. We just want survivors to feel less confident, and for the game to be challenging not only for a single site ;)

Feeling less confident and feeling stressful is not the same thing. I have more difficulty as a survivor than killer. I'm wearing legacy? tunnel. I play with my friend? Camped. I pallet loop? facecamped. I save someone? injured person doesn't get tunneled, i do. I don't wear legacy? camped because of pallet looping still. It's like no matter what i do i pretty much have to play a 4 man team just to have the slightest of fun. I don't really think killer is stressful because you can just sit back a relax.

This game isn't balanced toward 4ks every game. Don't take it so seriously.

• weirdkid5

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

Feeling less confident and feeling stressful is not the same thing. I have more difficulty as a survivor than killer. I'm wearing legacy? tunnel. I play with my friend? Camped. I pallet loop? facecamped. I save someone? injured person doesn't get tunneled, i do. I don't wear legacy? camped because of pallet looping still. It's like no matter what i do i pretty much have to play a 4 man team just to have the slightest of fun. I don't really think killer is stressful because you can just sit back a relax.

This is a joke right? I literally have no problems surviving as a solo survivor. I never play SWF and I play the same no matter what. Hell I can rank up without ever using any perks. Methinks you just cant adapt well to the game.

Relax as Killers? Maybe now but not in the past. It should be easier for a Killer to pip up, but a good team of survivors will still always wreck a good killer. This is pretty much a given.

Do I need to give you several clips from my stream of me surviving no problem solo, against people like Legaculy Trappers who tunnel me for 3 minutes and I still manage to break the chase and keep going? Camped, tunneled, all of these problems can be fixed if you simply get better at the game and drop the chase.

I'm sure you're one of these survivors that thinks good killers are impossible to lose.

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    I guess I'll just go ahead and give you a run down. I am looking forward for the new update for a few select reasons.

You all are going to keep your promise of actually Making in original character because we remember what you said last time and then Freddie came out. We were happy to see him but deeply disappointed in you.

The next thing to note is that I want to see what this new killer is going to be because it's not going to be the ringmaster because of the ability.Yes, happy that we're getting a new survivor but This new killer could change the way we played the game with unique perks the same way that Leatherface did.

The last thing is as follows you all actually gave us a schedule and you all are professional enough to stick to it. That being the case there will be balance changes in bug fixes and now that you have a bigger staff you can tackle a lot more.

That's all I can say for now but that's what I'm  Happy about this new update.
  • hegewaldd

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

This is a joke right? I literally have no problems surviving as a solo survivor. I never play SWF and I play the same no matter what. Hell I can rank up without ever using any perks. Methinks you just cant adapt well to the game.

Relax as Killers? Maybe now but not in the past. It should be easier for a Killer to pip up, but a good team of survivors will still always wreck a good killer. This is pretty much a given.

Do I need to give you several clips from my stream of me surviving no problem solo, against people like Legaculy Trappers who tunnel me for 3 minutes and I still manage to break the chase and keep going? Camped, tunneled, all of these problems can be fixed if you simply get better at the game and drop the chase.

I'm sure you're one of these survivors that thinks good killers are impossible to lose.

1st. legacy does not = skill. I have no idea why you're mentioning a legacy 3 trapper that you've juked. I have juked many, many legacy killers. Doesn't mean they're any better, just means they were around in 2016.

2nd. It should be easier for killers to rank up? Are you actually dumb? It's SO EASY for killers to rank up right now....braindead easy.

3rd. So basically your entire argument is that i should just break chases instead of these issues being actually looked at?

:thinking:

• weirdkid5

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

1st. legacy does not = skill. I have no idea why you're mentioning a legacy 3 trapper that you've juked. I have juked many, many legacy killers. Doesn't mean they're any better, just means they were around in 2016.

2nd. It should be easier for killers to rank up? Are you actually dumb? It's SO EASY for killers to rank up right now....braindead easy.

3rd. So basically your entire argument is that i should just break chases instead of these issues being actually looked at?

1. Legacy implies game time. When you have a Legacy Trapper that downs your whole team in 30 seconds and is a relentless chaser, you know he's a pro.

2. Yes it should be easier. It's a 4v1. This automatically means a survivor should have to work at least twice as hard as the killer. Not to mention you need to give specifics on why it is easy. You just say its it's easy.

3. What issues? Camping? Camping isnt an issue. Tunneling isnt an issue.

• hegewaldd

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

1. Legacy implies game time. When you have a Legacy Trapper that downs your whole team in 30 seconds and is a relentless chaser, you know he's a pro.

2. Yes it should be easier. It's a 4v1. This automatically means a survivor should have to work at least twice as hard as the killer. Not to mention you need to give specifics on why it is easy. You just say its it's easy.

So he's a legacy 3 who downed your whole team in 30 seconds? So you didn't juke him? so you lied? ah, okay, gotcha.

The only time a survivor doesn't have to work twice as hard as a killer is swf, because this game is not balanced around swf and never was.

Camping is a big enough issue to introduce band aids like bt and side unhooking. So it's not an issue, right?

• weirdkid5

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

So he's a legacy 3 who downed your whole team in 30 seconds? So you didn't juke him? so you lied? ah, okay, gotcha.

The only time a survivor doesn't have to work twice as hard as a killer is swf, because this game is not balanced around swf and never was.

Camping is a big enough issue to introduce band aids like bt and side unhooking. So it's not an issue, right?

I said my whole team. I didnt say me. But nice try. I can throw you the link for the clip if you are really that desperate to be proven wrong.

The survivor never had to work twice as hard until the Emblem system came about. Which, in my opinion as a survivor main, finally made this game relatively as difficult to pip as I initially imagined it to be. Emblem system is just fine. But like I said I'd still adjust a few things.

They only introduced stuff like that cause baby survivors keep whining about it. BT got a much needed nerf and side hooking was made to stop facecamping, which is the ONLY time I think camping is scummy. All other camping is fine imo. Camping was an intended thing from Day 1, as old tutorials explicitly state "keep them on the hook to sacrifice them." Ok so camp, I got it thanks for telling me game.

If the Killer downs you and hooks you, you have effectively lost. He isnt obligated to let you be saved nor is your team obligated to even save you in the first place. One of the selling points of the game is "work with your team... or don't." This isn't a team game in the first place and people have lost that vision.

• hegewaldd

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

I said my whole team. I didnt say me. But nice try. I can throw you the link for the clip if you are really that desperate to be proven wrong.

The survivor never had to work twice as hard until the Emblem system came about. Which, in my opinion as a survivor main, finally made this game relatively as difficult to pip as I initially imagined it to be. Emblem system is just fine. But like I said I'd still adjust a few things.

They only introduced stuff like that cause baby survivors keep whining about it. BT got a much needed nerf and side hooking was made to stop facecamping, which is the ONLY time I think camping is scummy. All other camping is fine imo. Camping was an intended thing from Day 1, as old tutorials explicitly state "keep them on the hook to sacrifice them." Ok so camp, I got it thanks for telling me game.

If the Killer downs you and hooks you, you have effectively lost. He isnt obligated to let you be saved nor is your team obligated to even save you in the first place. One of the selling points of the game is "work with your team... or don't." This isn't a team game in the first place and people have lost that vision.

You're part of the team, moron. You and your fellow survivors are a team.

So baby survivors kept whining about camping, and that's why it got fixed?
    And guess what? Baby killers whined about pallets, and those got nerfed.

No, getting downed and getting hooked is not losing. I have NO clue where you got that from. And if survivors shouldn't feel obligated to be unhooked, why do killers feel obligated to 4 kills every round? You act as if survivors should 1) not be able to enjoy their game 2) give up when they get hooked 3) not discuss legit problems that glare in the game. Camping is an issue, you don't know what you're talking about.

According to you issues shouldn't be talked about. Infinites weren't an issue then, right? Killers are just being whiny cry babies, right? Your whole entire argument is invalid. I don't know where you're trying to go with this.

• Tezzis
    Tezzis Member Posts: 58

Hopefully new cosmetics for all the characters that needed some more love, such as Ace and Feng for example
    (the killers as well, ofc) :3

• theagitatedapricot
    theagitatedapricot Member Posts: 78
    New perks! Perks make the game endlessly replayable. And the new map! I love when both survivors and killers need to figure out a new map together.
  • weirdkid5

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

No, getting downed and getting hooked is not losing. I have NO clue where you got that from. And if survivors shouldn't feel obligated to be unhooked, why do killers feel obligated to 4 kills every round? You act as if survivors should 1) not be able to enjoy their game 2) give up when they get hooked 3) not discuss legit problems that glare in the game. Camping is an issue, you don't know what you're talking about.

According to you issues shouldn't be talked about. Infinites weren't an issue then, right? Killers are just being whiny cry babies, right? Your whole entire argument is invalid. I don't know where you're trying to go with this.

Incorrect. This is not entirely a team game hence my last paragraph. Sorry to disappoint you.

Camping is intended and it was made more difficult via a perk. Looping is an unintended side effect caused by bad game design that caused survivors to teleport, their hitboxes are smaller which negates the Killers speed bonus, and the stun was made to be the beginning of the animation instead of the end. This created looping as an unintended side effect of pallet changes, in other words, they are fixing it because it was never meant to be in the first place.

Same thing with infinites. They were never intended to be in the game and give the survivors as much safety as they do. Camping was intended but was too powerful. These are two completely different scenarios. I completely know what I'm talking about, I dont think you do.

And as far as your second paragraph, any survivor that expects to escape every round is as much of an idiot as a Killer that expects to 4 kill every game, but good job continuing to assume my stances. And yea, if you get hooked you effectively lose. This is due to the fact camping is intended and if the Killer wants you to die, but if you're simply going enough to break the chase you wont have to worry about getting camped. Not to mention camping is pretty much the Killet throwing the game for the rest of the survivors.

Sounds to me like you have this us vs them mentality that many players of this community have. We all play the same game.

• Muxianesty
    Muxianesty Member Posts: 2
    I have always wanted this some kind RPG-system which allows you to buy licensed survivors and killer by playing the game
    P.s I have all the DLCs and I think like that not because I am greedy
  • hegewaldd

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

Incorrect. This is not entirely a team game hence my last paragraph. Sorry to disappoint you.

Camping is intended and it was made more difficult via a perk. Looping is an unintended side effect caused by bad game design that caused survivors to teleport, their hitboxes are smaller which negates the Killers speed bonus, and the stun was made to be the beginning of the animation instead of the end. This created looping as an unintended side effect of pallet changes, in other words, they are fixing it because it was never meant to be in the first place.

Same thing with infinites. They were never intended to be in the game and give the survivors as much safety as they do. Camping was intended but was too powerful. These are two completely different scenarios. I completely know what I'm talking about, I dont think you do.

And as far as your second paragraph, any survivor that expects to escape every round is as much of an idiot as a Killer that expects to 4 kill every game, but good job continuing to assume my stances. And yea, if you get hooked you effectively lose. This is due to the fact camping is intended and if the Killer wants you to die, but if you're simply going enough to break the chase you wont have to worry about getting camped. Not to mention camping is pretty much the Killet throwing the game for the rest of the survivors.

Sounds to me like you have this us vs them mentality that many players of this community have. We all play the same game.

Where is your proof that camping was intended? one tutorial is your proof? Nice evidence. You don't lose if you get hooked.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@hegewaldd said:

@Antero said:

Where is your proof that camping was intended? one tutorial is your proof? Nice evidence. You don't lose if you get hooked.

Exactly. You cant lose if you dont get hooked. You LOSE if you get hooked but have a CHANCE to come back

And one tutorial is all I need, but if you want further evidence camping is intended, look up Dev Diary #3 which was made before the game came out. In this video they explicitly talk about camping.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

@weirdkid5 said: Looping is an unintended side effect caused by bad game design that caused survivors to teleport, their hitboxes are smaller which negates the Killers speed bonus, and the stun was made to be the beginning of the animation instead of the end. This created looping as an unintended side effect of pallet changes, in other words, they are fixing it because it was never meant to be in the first place.

You do realize that looping existed before those changes to pallets and the hitboxes right?

Sure it was harder to loop back then but it was still an effective tool to help slow the killer down and buy time for your team.

Saying it was never meant to be intended in the first place screams dishonestly.

• weirdkid5

@Mc_Harty said:

@weirdkid5 said: Looping is an unintended side effect caused by bad game design that caused survivors to teleport, their hitboxes are smaller which negates the Killers speed bonus, and the stun was made to be the beginning of the animation instead of the end. This created looping as an unintended side effect of pallet changes, in other words, they are fixing it because it was never meant to be in the first place.

You do realize that looping existed before those changes to pallets and the hitboxes right?

Sure it was harder to loop back then but it was still an effective tool to help slow the killer down and buy time for your team.

Saying it was never meant to be intended in the first place screams dishonestly.

When I refer to looping I specifically refer to the nonsense that is possible nowadays. Yes I know running circles around objects has always been a thing. But as you said, it was harder and required a modicum of risk.

Looping is risk free. Don't call me dishonest just cause I use it in a different context.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

Cosmetics store and earning DLCs. :)