Tru3's YouTube Poll

2»

Comments

• CyperX
    CyperX Member Posts: 103

This killer is supposed to be a April fools joke. How could this have been the best idea for a game like this ? Should have given legion those throwing knives and found a actually scary looking goblin or some horrific killer....last but not least they gave the name Trickster ....????? Ru ffn kidding ???? What 5 year old chose this name

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

Well im 75% hyped

• Yumyumtasty
    Yumyumtasty Member Posts: 172
    edited March 2021

Even Facebook which is mostly survivor biased says he's weak LOL.

And even survivormains who want him to be weak bring the argument that he needs to be THIS weak or else they'll never escape if there's no weak killers like him LOL.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I'm not exited to play him if he is so weak, what I'm more concerned about is having to p3 lvl 50 him when i wont even play him like i did with the twins since I'm an idiot.

To me it didn't feel like the twins were even released since it just felt god awful to play them that i stopped after a week, i hope it isn't the same for the trickster.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Tbh I'm excited for the chapter release mainly for the killer, not because he looks cool but because his power has a charm that I love. I have horrible aim which is why I don't like playing Huntress and Slinger but Trickster's on a whole new level. I sucked at him when I was playing the PTB but the buffs they gave to him for the main event ability doesn't seem like much but it seems like a lot to me.

While the Blight, Wraith, DS, and new perks are more hype-worthy, I just can't resist but be excited to play as him.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,215

if you think Twins was bad, wait till you play Trickster. He's on another level. His best add-on got demolished and it was only add-on that made him remotely playable and that many players asked for it to be base-kit. Trust me, they weren't running add-on because they wanted trick shots, they were running it because his base lethality is abysmal without it and he needed reduction for how many knives it takes to down.

I actually like his playstyle, voice lines and gameplay animations. There is just something so satisfying in watching a survivor fall-down majestically when getting downed by his knives, but now nobody is going to play him hence poll that has zero excitement for new killer.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897
    edited March 2021

How does he show that? People still play him regularly. If you want a more apt analogy go with the likes of Plague or Demo. They're rarely picked according to the recent stats.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

I see Myers a lot no matter if it's red or purple ranks

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

It also took Tru3 a good six months to learn how to actually play DeathSlinger, because all he would ever do is play him like Huntress. Then starts saying he's weak, and not acknowledging the fact that he simply wasn't good at DeathSlinger. But for some reason he never wants to admit that he isn't good at certain killers, because of his ego honestly. As soon as I stopped watching Tru3 for how toxic he started acting, I just went to watching Otz because it felt like such a breath of fresh air honestly.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

He is the only one who points out the bs in the game while also backing it up with his own gameplay for proof and some people don't like it as it threatens their fun or puts a dent in their ego.

Everyone calls him a killer main while he plays 50/50 and is half asleep while running killers around the map for minutes at a time.

• dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481
    edited March 2021

People saying the poll is worthless because the community it was polled from are negative upset me as a researcher who literally does survey based statistical analysis.

Like no one did any ######### One Way ANOVAs here, crunch those numbers on linear regression? Do you know if the P value of the correlation between Tru3's fans and negativity is >.05? Did you search for correlations between negative perceptions of Trickster and other chapter releases? No? Then you can't say 'Its meaningless because of a sampling issue.'

Like that isn't how you handle sample bias you nerds! You still keep the data because its actually useful to know that a particular segment of the population is inclined to think a certain way and you want to compare it to the general population!

And with 19k votes, which is about half the daily peak of DBD you can actually say with pretty high confidence that, despite it being fully possible that there is sample bias here threatening validity here, or your ability to apply the findings broadly, even if it is just 50% of Tru3 Talent's fans who hate this killer, this is still a pretty statistically significant portion of the community that doesn't like this killer. We can expect around maybe 100k, maybe 150k people to be active DBD players. So 73% of the poll of someone who's viewerbase who are active enough to respond making up around anywhere from 20% to 13% of DBD's general population responding with a negative view of the killer is, while not guaranteed to be significant, it almost certainly is worth taking seriously because while its possible for this to be an aberration it is... very unlikely. Like I wouldn't put this in a paper to publish but if anyone said 'lets not look into this further' or 'there is clearly nothing here' because they think Tru3's fanbase is I would uh... think quite a bit less of them as a researcher both because that is like... not how you do Quantitative research, and because its actually such a risk to viability that it is considered a breach of research integrity to refuse to look into such obviously telling data to prove it is irrelevant.

Like this is the statistical analysis equivalent of being ratio'd. When the pattern is so overt with such a large portion of your population to the point it would be statistically significant even if this particular population over-represented a view two or even three times over (even 33% of this population reporting back negative would be very interesting, if not a slam dunk and it would definitely need a more broad survey because it may indeed skew overly negative due to sample bias) you know some stuff is up.

Like lets say Tru3's crew is twice as negative as the general population. This is pretty rare to be that intense, but it can happen. We would still probably expect over a 50% negative reaction to Trickster (the people who voted 0-25% wouldn't be assumed to be positive, just less negative, so your still weighted very heavily towards negative). Its a less INTENSE animosity, but there is still almost certainly going to be a statistical relationship unless Tru3's fanbase is freakishly non-representative.

And these are numbers that should worry a developer. Especially considering the lukewarm reaction to Twins. More than half your playerbase is not hype for your major content update and will have gone around half a year with nothing to be excited for. That is HUGE. That is something you move heaven and earth to fix because if your game isn't growing, its dying.

I would not be surprised to see an emergency Trickster fix occur, or for some other dramatic, visible movement to occur in a month's time to try to shake up the game well outside their original stated timeline for mid chapter tweaks and fixes, because this could be the second major content update where the initial 'update spike 'dies off fast, and DBD HEAVILY depends on those to maintain playerbase.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,685

Due to the nature of this thread, that can lead to attacks towards the mentioned content creator/s, we decided to close it.

This discussion has been closed.