The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Chapter 19 Delayed?

Botiz
Botiz Member Posts: 483
edited March 2021 in General Discussions

Paulie just tweeted this...

Has also been said by the Twitter person that there's no confirmed date.

Post edited by Botiz on

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,778

Interesting. Assuming that's correct, I wonder why? Maybe more killer balance changes in response to feedback?

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

If they actually buff trickster then I’m all for this. I did have everything lined up for it but understand. Guess I’ll take a week break entirely then.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,998

Yeah, I found it pretty odd they hadn't made an official announcement of the launch date yet. Seems like there was a reason for that.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    edited March 2021

Well let's see because if they half the time dont listen(fog whispers)

why would they be told that the chapter is being delayed

after looking at the twins I'm not sure if it will be delayed

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Aah that blows.

But if it means a better product I'm all for it. Just going to awkwardly dance around max bloodpoints a week longer.

Still a bummer. Was going to use trickster to spend my time untill evil genius 2 releases next week

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

In B4 nothing is fixed...lol

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

I hope it's just a joke. If not then as long as the devs are working on making the update better then I'm fine with it being delayed.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Was really looking forward to it. Oh well.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Maybe they thought, "Do you know what? Our lovely fans deserve those corn map reworks, let's hold the new chapter release for a little bit so they don't have to wait another three months."

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited March 2021

Even when they say something, people are "led to believe whatever". And if something gets delayed, well, that's borderline apocalyptic. Maybe it's just time to stop assuming stuff in the absence of information.

• Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152
    edited March 2021

People complain every killer "why did they release the killer in this state!"

Maybe they listened to feedback and are balancing him more.

People complain that the devs use to put up release dates, and then they had to miss those release dates because of certification issues outside of their control with sony and microsoft.

People complained that some systems get DLC before other systems so they tried their best to stop doing that which lead to the above.

People are just never happy

Let me say this really loud for the people in the back:

THE DEVS DON'T COMMIT TO RELEASE DATES BECAUSE PEOPLE BRING OUT THE PITCH FORKS IF THEY DARE MISS THOSE DATES. NOTHING WAS CONFIRMED FOR TOMORROW.

• ClownIsUnderrated
    ClownIsUnderrated Member Posts: 1,031

Is BHVR actually finally learning from their mistakes!? Guess we'll know know in another week, expectations are gonna remain very low though.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

How can it be "Delayed" if they never published at date to begin with?

• Orion

They set the general timeframe themselves and created expectation, it's on them if they want to address that or leave it be, but in either situation they are responsible for the outcome and reception that entails.

They also finally did give information, but put it through a fog whisperer where I mean it could be a joke and we wouldn't know, because of their lack of any official word. This only exacerbates the situation further.

So it's the devs' fault that people hype themselves up and then get disappointed when their 100% self-made expectations are shattered, despite the devs never saying anything, but at the same time any info the devs give through established channels (and yes, that includes FWs) is suspect and unreliable. And if they do say something, they're still to blame if people misunderstand (or blatantly misrepresent) what they said and get hyped. Sounds like catch-22.

Just for the record, you (or the devs, in this case) are not responsible for other people's fabrications in the absence of information. The devs created no expectations because they literally confirmed nothing regarding release dates, that was all on the forumgoers. It's not the devs' responsibility to shoot down every fabricated story, especially when doing so will create the notion that any story they don't shoot down must be real.

• Orion

Because people had expectations (based on no information), and thus it's the devs' fault for... something.

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

I have to agree, not the DEVs fault for your expectations ( and I'm usually quite negative to the dev's)

• Orion

Who used the word "delayed", though? The FW didn't use it. The devs didn't use it. It was OP. All the FW said was "it's not coming out tomorrow".

• Orion

And that's why the devs no longer communicate with us as much as they did when the game was released. We used to have weekly streams where we got to shoot the ######### with them and people complained. Now they only give out release dates and such when they're a certainty, and people still complain. Worse, they try to make them out to be the bad guys because they can't control their own imaginations.

I mean, if people are going to complain whether you do something or not, then you might as well do nothing, save yourself the trouble. They're gonna complain either way, but you get more free time that way.

• Orion
    edited March 2021

Nobody forced the FW to say anything, though. The FW asked if they could say it, and the devs said yes. You're reading too much into it, like the devs specifically ordered this FW to tweet this.

No release date given, just heavily implied that tomorrow would've been the release date anyway. And people would still complain, because they'd still perceive it as a delay (for proof, see this entire thread).

It's not even leaking really it's them giving someone else the go ahead to tell people....maybe...I mean did they? We don't know, we can't know for sure. It's not first hand; but apparently they are able to actually say something themselves but still are not? Why is that? It's just so unnecessarily confusing for no real reason.

The fact that you don't know isn't what's causing your confusion, it's the fact that you're trying to guess what you don't know instead of focusing on the data that is actually available.

• Orion

CP2077 was rushed, though. The devs (not the people in charge of PR, but the actual coders and such) said so themselves. And it's still a great game.

• Zucker_Schock
    Zucker_Schock Member Posts: 565

Community interaction and information is part of their job as a big modern gaming company. That they dont give any information or release dates in advance is a flaw in itself and originales from bad time management. If they would know what they are doing, they could give valuable information a week in advance. Like for example no release next week because of ... or estimated release on... before that.