People who just don't get that killers are friendly.

This is so dumb!!!!! I usually play solo survivor on PS4, and I've been with a whole bunch of dumb people. When the killer spins, and doesn't chase you, don't you think that maybe..... just maybe, they're nice? Like seriously how dumb are you? When other people and I are standing and doing a generator right beside the killer, i'm pretty sure he's nice, But like seriously.

Comments

• Ennds15
    Ennds15 Member Posts: 4

ah makes sence

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Always beware the 'friendly' killer that brings a mori.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    darktrix said:

If I see a friendly killer bring a mori I’m going to cozy right up to them because getting moried is cool and too many survivors see a mori and dc and it’s easy enough to get 5000 survived points vs actually killing a survivor. 
  • darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

@pemberley said:
    darktrix said:

If I see a friendly killer bring a mori I’m going to cozy right up to them because getting moried is cool and too many survivors see a mori and dc and it’s easy enough to get 5000 survived points vs actually killing a survivor. 

lol, what? You trying to spin this unrelated subject into another killer is hard survivor is easy? You are welcomed to get mori'ed every game then, you have fun.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    darktrix said:

@pemberley said:
    darktrix said:

lol, what? You trying to spin this unrelated subject into another killer is hard survivor is easy? You are welcomed to get mori'ed every game then, you have fun.

What? No???? I’m just saying you’re more likely to survive and nab those 5000 any game you play as survivor vs a killer requiring a mixture of perks, offerings, luck, and skill to get a mori off. So my philosophy as a survivor is to be kind and allow them the opportunity to mori me, especially if my fellow survivors dced or escaped, because there’s always another game I can survive. 
  • tennmio
    tennmio Member Posts: 354
    Ennds15 said:

This is so dumb!!!!! I usually play solo survivor on PS4, and I've been with a whole bunch of dumb people. When the killer spins, and doesn't chase you, don't you think that maybe..... just maybe, they're nice? Like seriously how dumb are you? When other people and I are standing and doing a generator right beside the killer, i'm pretty sure he's nice, But like seriously.

I encountered some killer on ps4 that seemed to be nice. Hit ppl let them heal but then turned out to not be so nice.they just downed everyone and hooked them one after another.

I even had 2 killer writing that they wanted to farm just to get the easy kills... .

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

A mori is going to be a little obvious, so yeah, beware killers with a "secret" offering.

NOED won't be so obvious.
    Unless they're standing idle while I harvest for the event, I don't buy friendly acts. The cat will eventually get tired of playing with the mouse. If the gates are powered, I'm bouncing unless the Killer is doing the event, then I might just let them put me on an event hook.

You may want a "normal" game with a friendly killer, especially during an event, but good luck. Not all of them are going to switch gears, and they may not appreciate it.
    Just lemme get my special hooks, and you can go get your points.

But there are killers trying for normal games, and people pulling tricks who will keep survivors paranoid.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911

I have a different solution to playing friendly. Hear me out. Play to hook each individual survivor twice as killer and slug anyone on death hook so you can get the last few on death hook. If you want to farm make it fun do chases and actually play the game. If you want to be friendly two hook everyone as killer its that simple. But survivours don't expect any killer to be doing this just play the game for god sake.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Ennds15 said:

Not all survivors want easy matches, dont assume that everyone does because you do ( i assume this here)
    Some people actually want to play the actual game and yes, they even want the killer to kill them (unbelievable, right?)

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

Sometimes people just want to play normal games and not farm. Other times, they have had bad experiences with "friendly" killers. For me, for example, I have received messages asking me to farm, only for the killer to get us all together and kill us all.

Another time, the killer let us do gens, only to use noed when they were all done and down and kill us all, except one, who escaped. And there was also a Billy, which ended up farming with my friend. My friend told me he was ok and to come farm too. So I got to them and the killer downs and camps me until I died on the hook. My friend tried to help and was downed too. So, the problem sometimes is not that people don't understand it's a "friendly" killer, but because they don't trust the killer.

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

The point of the game isn't to be nice to survivors. The point is for the killer to hunt survivors and to kill them. I'm joining every single game on the assumption that the killer is playing the game how it's suppose to be played and if the killer is not and just wants to farm I try to finish the game as quickly as possible and get out of that game. Farming killers make the game boring.

• AyDoggie
    AyDoggie Member Posts: 48

@darktrix said:

Hmm, that's a great strategy. Make the survivors think I'm farming and after the second hook start mori and killing them.

• Eight
    Eight Member Posts: 513

Here's a tip for you: just because I'm being nice to that Feng, doesn't mean I'm going to be nice to you. Assume not until indications are otherwise.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

I hate farming in DbD so bad.

• blonde_b
    blonde_b Member Posts: 15
    So, I’m new to the forum ... but, I was under the impression/assumption, that it’s actually against the rules, to farm? Please, enlighten me!? TIA
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@blonde_b said:
    So, I’m new to the forum ... but, I was under the impression/assumption, that it’s actually against the rules, to farm? Please, enlighten me!? TIA

Farming is allowed as long as it is not exclusive.

For example, if you're playing a match and you are friendly with all of the survivors and you all farm.
    That example is fine.

However, if you work with one survivor who finds the other survivors for you so they can hook farm them all to death and you give them the hatch, that's bannable.

• blonde_b
    blonde_b Member Posts: 15
    Thank you, I understand fully, now! 😊
  • grtf47
    grtf47 Member Posts: 371
    A mod complaining about survivors not understanding “friendly killers”. LOLOLOLOLOL I guess you forgot the point of the killer. Good to know mods like this exist here. 
  • thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    I'm only nice when I dominate the match and the last survivors have just given up. I play normally most of the time. PS4 btw
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Ask long as I'm not pallet tbagged 360 tbagged and followed by a clicking flashlight I dont mind giving then a chance for the hatch but I might grab them if even one does this I patrol camp gens and I will basement people
  • MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

@darktrix said:

Or when they stand beside you and wait that you get on a gen so they can grab you.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    grtf47 said:
    A mod complaining about survivors not understanding “friendly killers”. LOLOLOLOLOL I guess you forgot the point of the killer. Good to know mods like this exist here. 
    The person who started the thread is not a mod. The thread has the mod tag because a mod replied to it.
  • Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Honestly, just cause I'm friendly, doesn't mean I'm farming... I just like everyone to have a fun time. 

I play "friendly pig" all the time.  hunt them, down them, put a beartrap on their head and let them go while I hunt for a new toy.  I hook them if I'm relatively certain someone nearby can vet them down and I "try" not to hook people more than twice.

I still get accidental kills, and I still let people go... but to me, its the thrill of the chase... the risk of MAYBE getting killed...

no one wants a boring game, but no one wants to be tunnelled or killed in the first minute of the game either. 

but I will admit, it always irks me when I let them go or something and they stand by the gate tea-bagging like they're badasses...  like please... I spun in circles for 30 seconds while you wiggled free... I could have killed you if I wanted to. 
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

It's after the event. It's hard to be friendly anymore.

"I wanna have fun!" survivors scream.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the massive gen rush," I reply.
    "I'd do something about it, but I'm busy dealing with the impossibly perfect coordinated maneuvers you guys are doing," Coz I don't have fun when SWF gets abused.

Finding a non SWF match is getting near impossible. It's almost always at least 2, and they seem to invite others into their party making it larger.

I'm not having as much fun as a killer dealing with coordinated teams. Survivor solo is more fun, and I help interfere with killers running into 4 man teams.

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    "Be the change you want to see in the world"   right? 

that's why I play friendly killers... eve  when I don't I still play a "fair" killer.

cause playing solo survivor has lost its appeal with all the facecampers and dc'ing survivors I run into...