The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

noed nerf when?

2»

Comments

• SabunoHakia
    SabunoHakia Member Posts: 465

No their a side objective, please ignore them. Then I can run, let's say Ruin, Blood Favor Oh the possibilities when all survivors think about is Gen rushing oh yes. Ignorance is bliss, wish their were more like you. I COULD have a easier time for once.

TO ALL OTHERS WHO SAY WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO RUN A PERK TO DEAL WITH TOTEMS DO ME A FAVOR DON'T I WOULD LOVE TO ENJOY A EASIER TIME. It would be wonderful for you to have DH, DS, DL and anything else it will be great. Your much easier pray when I have actual access to my hex for more than 10 seconds LOL.

• SabunoHakia

That's a good way of thinking don't run one perk in your build for finding TOTEMS. Because I usually run dark seal, when you have a map and noed hits and you realize you should have at LEAST looked a bit more than you know gen rushing I win <3

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

It just feels cheap. I would say that it is lazily designed, especially since it was made as a band-aid to counter "gen-rushing" in the past. And it sucks to play against when you are part of a solo team since they have no means of coordinating cleanses.

• Toybasher
    Toybasher Member Posts: 919
    edited October 2021

Detective's Hunch is an excellent way to find totems.

IMHO NOED is balanced. It is annoying though, especially when a seemingly unstoppable escape gets taken out from under you, but the killer is down a perk for most of the game and NOED can be prevented from activating by cleansing all totems.

I think the real issue is survivors are not doing bones enough. I'm serious. As someone who uses detective's hunch it feels like I'm the only one who actually bothers to do dull totems. (like a suckerfish sucking on the side of a fish tank, I do bones because I need the boldness BP because I'm bad at looping so I make do with what bold BP I can get via totems)

NOED is still a bit of a crutch, but a necessary evil, and IMHO some killers need NOED. (Clown) Or you're running a certain build where reaching the endgame is very likely. (Pre-buff Vanity Mirror Myers) Or you're running NOED with Remember Me and Blood Warden, etc.

EDIT: I want to mention when I run NOED, I feel like I don't have to camp at endgame and can afford to leave the hook. I also feel like I tend to play way better with NOED, (I.E. I don't even reach the endgame) but that's probably due to feeling much less stress since I have my "safety net".

• FinnGilroy
    FinnGilroy Member Posts: 14

That has nothing to do with noed. This mindset is very dangerous, basically you’re saying ‘oh we should completely ignore this issue because this problem exists’. This is how change never happens.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,259

Sorry but if the killer got 4k because of NOED it doesnt make it undeserved. Killer beat you thats on you. You have 3 options. Escape while hes hooking people and dont give the killer 4k, or go and find that burning totem. Also theres another thing you could do... stop using your OWN crutch perks like dead hard,decisive strike and maybe put small game on? I'm bored seeing the same damn perks on the survivors and them complaining about noed while they use multiple crutch perks that saves them MANY times in the match.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited October 2021

My comment came twice so im just editing the second out 😂

Post edited by Hannacia on
  • snek
    snek Member Posts: 180

detective's hunch is behind paywall tho (while noed isn't)

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

No need to nerf mediocre perks they could buff NOED if anything making sure the killer at least gets the speed boost if survivors have cleansed all totems when end game comes.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

I just had a match against a nurse that went very well for me and my team, until NOED at the exit gate activates. I ran the nurse almost the entire match, dodging probably 20 or more blinks and never getting hit. I couldn't go totem hunting because I was being chased almost the whole time. The only time I had to do anything but run was at the start of the match where I did find 2 dull totems and cleanse them, but thats it. It didn't matter that I dodged every single attack from the nurse. It didn't matter that I kept the killer occupied and off my team for most of the match. Despite all this I ended up dying in the end because the killer had NOED and the rest of the totems weren't cleansed by my team. I basically died because my team didn't find the other 3 totems in time. And again, just like the other match I mentioned, this was an UNDESERVED kill for the killer, who also got 3k and only 1 survivor escaped. How is it fair that I die because my team didn't find the other totems while I was busy running the killer? How is this perk in any way fair? If a killer hasn't gotten anyone by the end of the match a single totem should not give them the power to suddenly start getting instant downs. This isn't going to make killer mains play better. This is going to make them rely on a single perk to fall back on when they fail to do enough during the match.

This perk has to go. The fact that killers are rewarded that much at the end of the match when you have done all 5 gens or ran the killer for most of the match is ridiculous.

• D3spair
    D3spair Member Posts: 715

Why can each Survivors have 4 Stacks of Second Chance perks but Killers should never have 2nd Chances?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,896

It wasn't created to counter gen rushing. NOED was in the game way before "gen rush" was a thing. And it was infinite at that point and constantly paired with Bitter Murmur, pretty much everyone ran these two perks back then because of how insanely strong they were and because it wasn't a Hex there was no way to counter it. Then it became a "timed" perk - 2 minutes I think it was, then it became a Hex perk.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,694

because killers are not allowed to have second chance perks apparently.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

You complained about totems, but didn't use a anti totem perk, despite only using 1 perk.

If your so upset, use an anti totem perk. That's why there are perks.

I went up against a nurse who had noed. I joked "they probably have noed". All gens done, I'm opening a gate, get downed and die on my first hook since everyone left. I dont use anti totem perks, I don't like them. If I'm caught, I got caught, aw well. I'm not going to say they didn't deserve to get the kill, they caught me slacking end of story.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046

Noed is fine. This hex punish survivors for gen rush.

• SabunoHakia

Agreed. This allows for chases and other things to occur which the killer needs to actually pip up which oddly the new mmr system isn't based around but you know escaping and kills..

• KateMain86

Doing gens is not gen rushing. What do you want us to do? Stand still the first 2 minutes of the match? Noed is over powered. It is unfair and it needs to change. No perk should give the killer that much power. Cleansing all 5 totems is an unreasonable thing to do to prevent it.

• KateMain86

I'm not going to play the game if I have to bring an anti totem build every match and turn the game into a totem cleansing marathon. They're not fun to do in my opinion and in the time it takes to cleanse one the killer can travel across a lot of the map. The perk gives too much power and reward to killers.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Couldn't that same thing be said about other perks as well...even survivor ones 😏

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    edited October 2021

Lol if you say so. Cleanse totems. 4 survivors-5 totems. Get noed if you ignore totems and die because of this cheap perk

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737
    edited October 2021

I don't think I have ever played against a skilled killer who turned out to have NOED in endgame, outside of meme builds. Rather, we can usually tell if a killer is going to have NOED because they are pretty terrible.

There is no other perk in the game where you find yourself saying "This guy is really bad, so he likely has X perk". It is exclusively the perk of terrible killers who plan to fail.

• KateMain86
    edited November 2021

This perk has to go. NOED is beyond ridiculously OP and like I've said gives the killers way too much power and undeserved hooks/kills. Just had ANOTHER match where 3 of us survived the killer until all 5 generators were done and then NOED activates and we all die. It didn't matter we avoided or ran the killer the entire match. It didn't matter that we cleansed most of the totems but because 1 was left the killer got insane end game power. It didn't matter we managed to get all 5 generators done. Nope. All of this and the killer leaves with 4k because of 1 freaking perk. ONE... FREAKING... PERK... gave the killer TOO MUCH POWER. How many gosh damn times do we have to say that this perk is too powerful. Its long overdue for a change.

• Hunter_Main_322
    Hunter_Main_322 Member Posts: 530

Make a separate animation or burning weapon if the killer has the power to kill you with 1 hit

Or impose a vulnerability immediately and not after someone fell

• Wampa1
    Wampa1 Member Posts: 175

Totally agree,I play killer /survivor in equal measures and always equip noed as a killer and go into a game as a survivor assuming the killer has it equipped,as is stated above it is fairly easy to counter and takes just a bit more time,tactical players allow for this and adjust their gameplay to suit.It’s pointless moaning about it because it just drags up the what about dead hard,decisive strike debate with killer mains.

This discussion has been closed.