How often does NOED impact your survivor games?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Asking as NOED seems to be in its weekly hot-spot.

For me, I'd say not-at-all to mildly....maybe 1 in 15 games.

Curious as to what YOUR experience is!

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,610

I'm not a particularly good survivor, so NOED does have more of an impact in my survivor games than it does in my killer games, but even then... not that much? If it procs, it forces a decision; go cleanse, or just escape.

Usually my teammates choose the latter if I'm the one who gets hooked, but that's just how it goes sometimes lol

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,212

Not too often. Maybe 1 in 5 games. And if it does go off, the impact isn't that significant. Swap one active meta perk for NOED while the gens are up and the result is likely similar.

Players have to remember that playing most of the game with 3 perks is a pretty significant handicap. NOED might feel bad, but it feels more impactful than it is in many situations.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

It doesn’t impact my games much, I take the time to do totems and if NOED procs I just dip out.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

It's definitely much more often than that. I would say I see it 1 in every 3 games that reach end game.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,263

2 out of 5 games.

Depends on the mistakes we made or how good the killer was.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

Once every 10 to 15 games maybe something will happen? I barely notice it these days (been playing since 2017)

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

Maybe once every 10 games I see it. Once every 15 games it actually activates or I get downed by it

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

I've seen noed on 5 of the last 30 or so killers I've faced. As far as how the perk affected the match? 3 times there wasn't a totem that was left up and dull, so it never activated. (Boon meta making it easier than ever to stop before it activates).

1 killer managed to go from a 0k with 6 hooks to a 2k, but that was primarily because the person trying to go for the save literally ran into a wall. It was after the totem had been found and dealt with as well, so I'm not sure how much credit the perk can get, since as far as I could tell, it resulted in 1 down total while it was active.

Last one was against bubba, he hooked and camped the last survivor near a gate, we saw him, saw he had noed, and went to the other gate, resulting in a 3E

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,471

As some one who always runs a totem perk

Almost never

• Raccoon

It's pretty interesting that the rate people claim to see NOED varies from 7-40 percent.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

In the last 25 matches, it popped up 3 times

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

I don't see it to much and when I do it's not really that much of a game changer.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

Very very rarely do I see NOED anymore. You can kind of tell when a killer is going to have it when they tend to make alot of bad plays and mistakes, so i go for totems if I think they could have it.

I've maybe seen it twice in the past month

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I see it a lot. Probably close to half of my games. Honestly just want it to get a rework already.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Very rare actually to even see it since its mostly on M1 killers.

And out of those games which have Noed in play, I would say 1 in 4 can get good value that it impacts the outcome of the match significantly.

Most of those times it get cleansed soon after first down, or the player on hook gets abandoned if it cannot be found.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Depends. Sometimes I’ll see it in like 30% of matches one day and the next day I won’t have to deal with it at all.

I’m planning to do a totem experiment sometime soon anyways.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I've been keeping track of my survivor matches for a little while now. I've gotten data from 248 matches (I have less survivor play of late, as my usual group of people I SWF with have been busy, and while I do play solo survivor, if I'm going it alone, I'll usually prefer to play killer). Those matches do not include results skewed by rage-quits/DC's early in a game by a "teammate", or by a handful of matches where I or my team were out to "meme" and not actually playing to "win" (like the night with our 4-person SWF where I literally threw matches to get Power Struggle to work, lol).

Out of those 248 matches, NOED was run by the killer in 32 of them, or right under 13%. In those matches where the killer ran NOED, in 10 of those -- 4% of the overall match count, and 31% of those matches in which NOED was run -- the killer ended up with a 3K or a 4K, and in at least a few of those 4K's, the match never made it to the Endgame and NOED activating.

For context, even though we all know SBMM isn't functioning the way it should be, my escape rate over the entirety of those matches is hovering around the 60% range, for what that's worth. I don't run NOED as a killer unless I'm in the rare case of trying a meme build (NOED, NWO, Blood Warden, etc.).

As always, this is one player's experience. Yours may vary.

• AsherFrost

Honestly it's probably mmr related. Or just confirmation bias, where the people most tilted by the perk tend to remember when they see it as happening more frequently than it does.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Almost 0, for as much as it's complained about I never see it.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

It's like when people review a product and you wonder how this amazing product is a 2 star one: people only bother to speak up when things are going bad. No one notices when everything is good.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,936

Mandy, when was the last time we were shared Perk stats?

Its about time someone made a collection of when stats were given out, ill do it if people can find the stats for me.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,936
    edited February 2022

Stats do make really good fuel for dunking someone who just spouts opinions, that's true. I do enjoy getting factual when discussing game ideas.

But its ofc never fun to get told, "your opinion is wrong."

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

This sounds about right in my experience. And I play at low mmr, so you would think I would run into it relatively often.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

Every single game, because it is apart of my playstyle to bring Detective's Hunch and memorize totem spots so if I don't cleanse them I can give them a quick once over when that last gen pops. I've been bamboozled by Devour Hope, NoED, and other nonsense far too many times to allow them to exist.

How often it leads to me dying? Never. Because of the above.

• Notionless
    Notionless Member Posts: 243

I see it maybe 1 of 10 games which usually results ina big sigh and a move on.

I think the perk is aight power level wise but its just not that fun since its so rare, and so you forget abt it between matches. So its just like "damn. Im just dead ig."

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

If the killer is being absolutely clowned on, he probably has NOED. It's the most obvious crutch an underperforming killer can rely on to try and bring a game back (don't @ me with your academic essay about it being balanced. I don't care about the balance. I'm saying it's a crutch)

With this in mind, I run small game and generally make time to run around cleansing for totems if we're stomping.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Unfortunately I've gotten it allmost every game recently

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Noed is the second or third most used killer perk, can’t remember

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

Same here. I've seen it A LOT recently. I usually get the totems that I see, but I usually don't find them all and get hit with NOED. My teammates will usually just pass totems without cleansing them. Could be because of boons, though.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Like Noed is whatever it's just frustrating when you look a killer all game just to die on first hook cause of Noed.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,592

I usually expect a NOED from a killer with obvious lack of experience and at high MMR.

Rarely in between.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,271

I'd say in 80+% of the matches over the past couple weeks the killer had NOED and it did make a difference. And in about 70% of those cases it bothered me.

All those cases that bothered me had in common that the match could be summed up as follows: Killer ran into a surv early on, downed, hooked, basement camped - waited around for NOED. Sometimes they only got the basement face-camp kill, sometimes they managed to get 4k. Sometimes perk-synergy did its thing and all totems were cleansed before last gen popped - very occasionally there was even a 4e when some kind of rescue attempt was made and it somehow worked / the hook to be face-camped on was passed to another surv, buying another two minutes to cleanse and then unhook w/o NOED. But either way, all those matches were not enjoyable, regardless of the outcome. Cause it's just a walking-and-waiting-simulator at that point - safe for the minute a rescue mission lasts and the minute it takes to do gates and get out.

Personally, I wouldn't even say NOED itself bothers me - but rather the kind of gameplay it is very commonly used in. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

It comes up occasionally, but it's not like every killer uses it. I used to look everywhere I could for the totems and if I couldn't find it I would try and trade if I had bt. Unfortunately the new mmr system punishes me for making trades during end game so there's nothing I can do for them anymore. If I go for the trade I'll be punished with worse teammates and the person I saved is rewarded for making a "skilled play."

• Raccoon

I honestly bail on people all the time...some of my reasons are very petty, haha.

There are times when you should bail, though, as you're just feeding if you don't - knowing when to do this IS a skilled play.

If I'm by the gate and NOED activates a bit away from me, I'll 99 and try to find the totem in the immediate area...no totem, I'm dipping.

• AsherFrost

I'm the same way. Once the gate is opened, I'm out unless I'm reasonably certain I can manage a save and get us both out.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

What you said is true, but winning in this game can feel so hollow. I'd rather go for the trade than the escape which is something I can no longer do.

• Leonardo1ita
    Leonardo1ita Member Posts: 2,277

What do you mean? Bad/incorrect arguments should get countered by good/true arguments, and if the good arguments cannot confutate the bad arguments, then probably the bad arguments are not actually bad but sometimes true, so I don't see the reason not to share stats if not the fear of negative, tho many times constructive, feedback from the community.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,884

I assume it is always in play unless I personally broke all totems, but how often do I actually see it? Maybe 1 out of every 15-20 games.

• fengminenjoyer
    fengminenjoyer Member Posts: 62

Its interesting seeing how often NOED pops up for everyone.

I connect mostly to brazilian killers and 99% of the time they have NOED lol doesn't happen as often when connecting to other countries.

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

Quite often, but I tend to memorize the spawns while I travel the map if I see the totems, so it does not last long.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,592

I encounter it very rarely.

I expect it when the killer isn't very experienced. Usually it allows him to get one down, more or less.

It's extremely rare on experienced killers. (Unless, maybe, they are going for an end-game build.)

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I'd guess I see it in roughly 10-20% of my matches. Sometimes I won't see it for a while and sometimes it's several games in a row. You remember the games where the killer got you with NOED because almost every time it's a killer who puts zero pressure on gens and then they camp their first down after gens are done. Often it's a Bubba or Trapper.

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209

I bring NoED for my endgame builds. No gen slowdown, just PWYF, No Way Out, Bloodwarden and NoED. I still need to hook everyone at least once to get value out of no way out though, so there's that. Half the time I don't even get to endgame, meaning 3 / 4 perks did likely nothing.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Not much I tend to either dip or cleanse the totem soon after seeing the exposed status pops up