The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

is it just me or have the mods really stopped interacting with the community?

its been a while since the last time ive seen a mod post have we all just been really behaved? i dont think thats the case though because a massive unbalanced patch just was announced if anything they're should be a mod on every thread what happened?

Comments

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162

where are all the mods @Peanits @MandyTalk uh i dont remember anyothers

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352

It's just you

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@Peanits that is a shame you are not more of a presence on here as much. The forum has become a Police State with threads deleted for no reason and some people getting banned or put on time out for no reason.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    fcc2014 said:

@Peanits that is a shame you are not more of a presence on here as much. The forum has become a Police State with threads deleted for no reason and some people getting banned or put on time out for no reason.

I haven't see anything what you described, and I'm pretty active here lately 
  • CodyJia
    CodyJia Member Posts: 37
    Peanits said:
    I'm tied up between two jobs and don't get much time to mod anymore. I stop by when I can, though I typically stay out of PTB related threads because I don't want to influence people's feedback.

We're looking into getting some new mods at the moment.
    How are mods chosen? 
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@fcc2014 said:

How? I'm a dick sometimes and I haven't been asked to chill.
    What do you have to do to be put on time out?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@ReneAensland said:

@fcc2014 said:

People who are jailed always did something to deserve it. However, it does seem like the mods have been quicker on the trigger as of late.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

@Orion said:

@ReneAensland said:

@fcc2014 said:

People who are jailed always did something to deserve it. However, it does seem like the mods have been quicker on the trigger as of late.

Hmm.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

@Peanits said:
    I'm tied up between two jobs and don't get much time to mod anymore. I stop by when I can, though I typically stay out of PTB related threads because I don't want to influence people's feedback.

Any chance there will be the open applications that Not_Queen mentioned before or are they being handpicked from discord or something :(

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

It's just you

• Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

The problem is there is alot of ######### killers that says "buff nurse" and things like that. I think the devs wonna do what they want and when they have got a idea, they gonna listen to some of the killers(#########) and the game gets unbalanced (like its now). Around 30% escaperate? Really thats what happen when they listen to the community. Devs please think what your doing and think if something like do the pickup timing faster so flashlights is basicly useless? oooof btw freddy needs nerfs xd

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

They're still pretty active but now you've got a highly active PTB thread presence so they're more spread out on their responses. Once the PTB closes it'll go back to normal and they'll be able to come out of their Nether Regions™ hidey holes again.

• fcc2014
    If you have any say @Peanits or influence on who can be mods. @powerbats @Nickenzie @Peasant should all get a look.
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    fcc2014 said:
    If you have any say @Peanits or influence on who can be mods. @powerbats @Nickenzie @Peasant should all get a look.
    We've thrown some names into the hat, no worries.
  • powerbats

@Peanits said:
    fcc2014 said:

So we'll hear something soon™ ? 😁

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    fcc2014 said:
    @fcc2014 I can’t believe Nickenzie was in jail he was such a Role model on here , you know things are starting to get out of whack now
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    fcc2014 said:
    @fcc2014 I can’t believe Nickenzie was in jail he was such a Role model on here , you know things are starting to get out of whack now
    I would love some before and after pics of Nicky, probably got some gang sign face tattoos now.
  • fcc2014
    fcc2014 said:
    I would love some before and after pics of Nicky, probably got some gang sign face tattoos now.
    Probably started a prayer circle and out reach program inside.
  • ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    fcc2014 said:
    fcc2014 said:
    Probably started a prayer circle and out reach program inside.
    Yeah that sounds more like Nicky.
    That or he spend a lot of time and money on his attorney trying to prove his innocence.
  • powerbats

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    fcc2014 said:

I blame Legion and his frenzy mechanic being underwhelming for his BHVR, he just couldn't Hack it anymore.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    powerbats said:

@OrionsFury4789 said:
    fcc2014 said:

I blame Legion and his frenzy mechanic being underwhelming for his BHVR, he just couldn't Hack it anymore.

Idk, it wasn't like I did something incredibly bad to get in jail in the first place. I been hit with the most smallest infractions through the second infraction was kinda lame but it's whatever though.

My warning was by naming and shaming (forgot to edit out names) woops!

Then apparently what got me jailed was because I was bringing up controversial topics. I don't really know why I was jailed, he changed the reason why I jailed multiple times so it's whatever lol. I can't let something that frivolous get to me and change me from who I am lol.

Through, @Peanits said, they can forgive you depending on what you did.
  • friendlykillermain

@Peanits said:

oh ok thank you for responding i was just curious sorry if i any have offended you in any way shape or form

• friendlykillermain

@Peanits said:
    fcc2014 said:

the suspense builds!

• powerbats

@friendlykillermain said:

@Peanits said:
    fcc2014 said:

the suspense builds!

This just came to mind reading your comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs

• friendlykillermain

@powerbats said:

@Peanits said:
    fcc2014 said:

the suspense builds!

This just came to mind reading your comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX3bN5YeiQs

pretty great i wonder what you will have to do to become a mod. i mean i am usually very respectful and spend a lot of time on these forums but their probably looking for someone whos been on here since the beginning. yeah i have a really stupid post once in a while but they cant all be winners. i dont know i can dream i guess dream of getting those delicious custom profile pictures!

• powerbats

pretty great i wonder what you will have to do to become a mod. i mean i am usually very respectful and spend a lot of time on these forums but their probably looking for someone whos been on here since the beginning. yeah i have a really stupid post once in a while but they cant all be winners. i dont know i can dream i guess dream of getting those delicious custom profile pictures!

You never know and don't sell yourself short and we all make stupid posts from time to time. I probably have more than my fair share of said stupid posts. It's not just about time spent here but passion for the community, a mostly level head (don't use me as an example) and being helpful.

One thing I always try and tell everyone from when I've been a mod/admin etc is most of your work isn't banning but helping people. Oh sure you'll do that from time to time but helping others out is what makes it so rewarding.

• friendlykillermain

@powerbats said:

You never know and don't sell yourself short and we all make stupid posts from time to time. I probably have more than my fair share of said stupid posts. It's not just about time spent here but passion for the community, a mostly level head (don't use me as an example) and being helpful.

One thing I always try and tell everyone from when I've been a mod/admin etc is most of your work isn't banning but helping people. Oh sure you'll do that from time to time but helping others out is what makes it so rewarding.

maybe i only have 1544 posts though is that even enough? i mean usually i have a level head the only times i didn't were when i first kind of joined and was a insensitive prick only posting my best moments and concealing my many fails i wonder if that will count against me. hope not then again i have received much positive feedback and even some users who i thought were outright shaming me turned out to just be giving their opinions i would love to be a mod i already read every post on the forums i just cant comment on every one because of that darn little post 3 times in 2 minutes . maybe i will be a mod or maybe i wont but as far as i am concerned the odds are realitivley in my favor as well as yours and several other users

• friendlykillermain

@fcc2014 said:

will i ever not be forgotten in a list of names :'(
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsvP0gluTew

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@fcc2014 said:

You flatter me @fcc2014 .

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited December 2018

@fcc2014 said:

Same here. I'm surprised I haven't been sacrificed yet. One of the entities must love me. 💃
    I'm guessing you gotta touch really sensitive topics like using slurs.
  • fcc2014
    Peasant said:

@fcc2014 said:

You flatter me @fcc2014 .

You are level headed and ive seen you help new users and not be condescending. That is what we need.