The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

After update prestige

I noticed some inconsistency with the prestige 'compensation?' after the update. We was not supposed to get more prestige levels if the character had more blood points invested?

Then why a character level 50 with all perks unlocked is only prestige 1 after the update, while a character that was prestige 1 with almost nothing is now prestige 3?

Comments

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

They made a last minute change where you would get 2 prestige levels per prestige earned. extra perks gave you an incremental bonus per perk.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,397

It wasn't based on bloodpoints invested in the end, it was based on perk tiers. So if your character had only (for example) three perks, all at tier 3 (purple), that would equal 15 tiers. There's a chart floating around somewhere that showed how your character would prestige based on their perk tiers

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

My Bubba was at p4 going on 5 despite never having been prestiged as I owned most perks. I was missing a handful because I did not buy certain teachables as I wanted to do that during the anniversary and then I forgor to level him up. I think he would have been prestige 5 had I actually gotten all perks on him.

If you were stuck at p1, you barely had any perks on that character.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710

You need 70 perk tiers to get 1 free prestige, 120 got you 2 free prestige i cant remeber the higher ones but i had a few i made sure to get over 120 so i could keep add ons and then prestige to 3 post patch

• DarkSkysz
    DarkSkysz Member Posts: 22

Looks like the issue was this change on the last minute. Since when I saw the announcement it was based on bloodpoint invested and not prestige tiers.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,899

It was never advised to be on bloodpoints invested.

It was always about Prestige levels and perks tiers unlocked.

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322

It was quite unfair, especially that it was announced short before the update.

Now i panicked and prestiged some characters and lost not just levels also prestige levels. I dont know how long i need to wait, but the support says its an issue they need to look at.

They should have just give the 2x bonus prestige also to perk tiers straight away.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    edited July 2022

Any specific reason why you chose to ignore the "perk tiers unlocked" part for people who were P3 before the update?

It feels like a dick move honestly, I'd like to understand more about why the catch up mechanic was capped at Prestige 9

• Mandy

Pretty sure that's because we increased the initial prestige levels to 2 instead of the planned 1.

• Lycidas

That doesn't answer the question

In the PTB a survivor could be migrated to Prestige 12, even if the bonus prestige level was 1

What was the point of capping the catch up mechanic to 9, disregarding the number of perks a P3 character has unlocked?

• DarkSkysz
    DarkSkysz Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2022

And how you can get prestige levels and perk tiers without investing bloodpoints in the character? lol

But still, that update doesnt make any sense. Character level 50 (which is basically prestige 1) should be getting prestige 2, but after the update they are still prestige 0.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I had one survivor, ie Jill, who I had at P3 and each and every perk unlocked, so that I could use her for different builds. For killers I did the same with Pyramid Head, my main. During the PTB Jill got boosted up to P11 and Pyramid Head to P10.

After the 6.1 patch both just got to P9. I don't care, as there are actually no cosmetics or other bonuses unlockable right now, but it seems that the catch up system got a bit bugged.

• Mandy

The system is locked to P9 - so nobody could go higher than that.

Whilst that's true that you've had to put BP into a character, the system rewards players who have perks unlocked and have prestiged. At level 50 you hadn't prestiged a character and due to not getting many prestige levels it's likely that you did not have too many perks on that character either, as the catch-up mechanic rewarded prestige levels based on the amount of perks that were obtained on that character.

• Lycidas

The system is locked to P9 - so nobody could go higher than that

I know I already asked but you didn't really answer so here I go again

Is there a reason that decision was taken, disregarding the number of perks a P3 character had unlocked?

Because it doesn't really seem fair to completely ignore the efforts of those players.