We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

Puppers, one of the OG DBD Streamers, has passed on.

Options

Comments

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266
    Options

Never watched much of Puppers but I know all about him and his ALS. This is awful news. I hope his final days are easy on him.

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 243
    Options

Rough news to hear. Hope he is with people he loves during his last days.

Didn't watch him on Twitch, but I heard of his sickness. I remember when people made fun of him by the way he talked during a anniversary stream, that was pretty disgusting. Hope those people never will experience what he experienced during the last 3 years.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,749
    Options

I'm so sorry, Puppers. Thank you for the many laughs. You will be missed. <3

• Blathez
    Blathez Member Posts: 12
    Options

I think that part of this game is the face of the streamers who plays it. I really hope that BHVR make something for him in the game, because he deserve it in my opinion.

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

This is really heartbreaking, I know that word has been used a lot but I mean it. I'm not going to pretend like I watched his content, or knew him that well. But it sucks to see someone pass on this way, I know he's made a lot of people smile with his YouTube career and he was incredibly influential in the community and an all around great person.

My heart goes out to his family, his friends, and the people who has made happy over the years with his content. When he passes, may he rest in peace.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

This is terrible news. I hope he'll be surrounded by loved ones and know just how big of an impact his life was.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,450
    Options

This is tragic I'm still very sad losing Börje Salming to this horrible disease and now another very nice person is soon gone 😢

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 320
    Options

Puppers was always a source of fun and very entertaining to watch. A very genuine guy and the world will be a sadder place without him.

Prayers, thought and all things positive to him and his family. Thank you for the fun and memories!

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,030
    Options

That was one of the first video I seen of his. Cheers to a man who bought joy to those around him.

• Aceislife
    Aceislife Member Posts: 223
    Options

He made a lot of people smile. Rest easy Max.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Fighting tears.

I’m so sorry Puppers. This shatters my heart. I pray your last moments are warm, painless & surrounded by love 💜

You will never be forgotten, legend.

• Justa335i
    Justa335i Member Posts: 202
    Options

His energy and funny cosplays were unmatched. He was one of the few that was genuinely nice.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

This is terrible news... Puppers will always remain on our hearts and in the fog!

I hope he can spend these days with their loved ones. <3

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 586
    Options

This is devastating to hear. I echo the sentiments of others - rest easy, Puppers. My thoughts are with him and his loved ones.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 602
    edited May 2023
    Options

I’m trying not to sob but puppers is my favorite content creator for DBD and always will be, he has a special place in my heart and is such a strong person, I hope his final days are joyful and peaceful ones, he has battled through his ALS and his tough moments, continued streaming for us even in his state if decline, and made out to be a huge inspiration for so many and I respect him so much for it.

May he rest peacefully. 💔

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,693
    Options

My heart broke for him whenever I read his posts on Twitter. It was so hard for him to find light at the end of the tunnel throughout his fight with ALS, but that's where the DBD community would step in and shower him with their love.

My heart goes out to his family and friends. And to the DBD community, thank you for always being there for him in his time of need. We truly have an exceptional community out there. ❤️

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 334
    Options

Even if I dont know him. Reading the kudos board made me cry and showed me a lot about him. I couldn't read it to end, because my eyes was full of tears from the hearthwarming and heartbreaking messages at same time. Such a beautiful thing that never ends.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 602
    Options

I can’t believe this is actually happening.

I send all love to his family and friends, this is so heartbreaking but what he has accomplished within the last few years while dealing with ALS is not only inspiring but also proves how dedicated he was to his community, he is the defenition of a true warrior.

Rest in peace, an entire community and I will continue to cherish and remember you. I’m from now on keeping the puppers charm on as well.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,811
    Options

R.I.P Puppers. Your influence and presence will never be forgotten and always be respected and cherished.

• NODD3RS
    NODD3RS Member Posts: 119
    edited June 2023
    Options

Rest in peace puppers

• KingFieldShipper
    KingFieldShipper Member Posts: 565
    Options

My heart sank this morning when I read the news and I've been like fighting tears all day. It's completely devestating and unfair, and I've been playing as dwight all day in his honor.

• Rex_Honeycut
    Rex_Honeycut Member Posts: 102
    Options

So sad to hear but I take comfort in knowing that Max no longer has to suffer from that terrible condition. He was one of the first streamers I've ever watched. He gave me tons of good ideas for builds. And I'll always remember that time I actually got into SWF session with him. Rest in peace, Puppers.

• dgbug
    dgbug Member Posts: 152
    Options

Rest in peace, Puppers. I just-

I don't have any words that could describe how I feel about this.

I wish the best for his friends, family, viewers, and anybody who knew him and liked him.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,618
    Options

RIP Puppers ❤️

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,000
    edited June 2023
    Options

I did not know him at all but there's been so much outpouring of support for the man on DBD Twitter and on here that I still setup my Dwight to pay my respects (bald head, Puppers Charm).

That is way too damn soon and an absolutely brutal disease to have to go through

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,392
    Options

Rest in Peace, Puppers. We'll miss you ❤

• KMainEZ
    KMainEZ Member Posts: 129
    Options

RIP my guy, i hope his family and friends have the support they need ❤️

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

There is a GFM for his final experiences. I would link it here for those able/willing to donate but I'm not sure if the forum rules would allow it.

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 686
    Options

Wasn't a regular viewer, I checked in from to time but my heart absolutely breaks for him and those closest to him. Life is cruel, life is unfair and unfortunately it robbed someone truly great of a life. Max didn't deserve what happened to him but anyone who kept up with him throughout these years known he fought damn hard and his strength is only what I can hope to have if I ever have to face something as cruel as what he faced. I know someone's passing can be hard, for that I fully give my wholest condolences to his friends and family. If I could hug them indefinitely, I would.

Puppers is free of the chains that held him down for far too long in life, he's finally somewhere without pain and while I didn't know him personally, I'm grateful he is no longer suffering even if it means we have to be without him.

Rest in peace, Max. Heaven gained a wonderful angel today. I will be wearing the Puppers charm to honor you and what you fought for.

• jamally093
    jamally093 Member Posts: 1,498
    Options

Rest easy puppers

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 283
    Options

What a heavy handed reminder that life is the most precious of things. Dealing with something as cruel as ALS...your life was far to brief brother, and you were far stronger than I am, I hope you are at peace, wherever you are.

I hope that everyone can take a moment to look inward and remember what truly matters in life, because you never know what will happen, to those you love or to you. Puppers my brother, rest in peace and no matter what the afterlife holds for you I am sure you will continue to be a warmth to all around you, as you were to us.

My prayers go out to your family and loved ones Max, rest in peace.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

This is very heartbreaking. It’s so surreal how a person’s life can be stripped away and nothing can be done about it. Rest in Peace Puppers. ❤️

• Xxjwaynexx
    Xxjwaynexx Member Posts: 266
    Options

I arrived much too late to really get to appreciate puppers, that being said just the community which is usually super divisive coming together to show their respects speaks volumes of what he was capable of. I've never heard a negative thing about him just all positive and the streams that i did watch we're all fun and smiles. I've been rocking his charm since it dropped just to show support. Let's keep the spirit of puppers alive by remembering to just enjoy the game and always have fun in every scenario and at the very least treat everyone decent. I didn't get to really know you puppers but hopeful your family, friends and yourself are at peace.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Rest in piece Puppers

You'll always be the comforting bright light in the fog

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

Rest in piece!

I'm wearing your charm proudly during matches!

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 243
    Options

Hope he finds his rest now without this terrible ALS. Rest in peace.