The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Regarding Fnaf for next summer

dbd900bach
dbd900bach Member Posts: 671
edited August 7 in General Discussions

I have to say that I am excited. I've enjoyed the franchise since the very first game and I do deeply appreciate the game for it is. Fnaf is horror and it's hard to say otherwise. The lore is extremely disturbing and what I'm hoping is that Behaviors interpretation reflects that horror.

Steele Wool and Scott have shown how much they clearly value Fnaf, especially when it comes to appeasing the people who love it just as much. I'm hoping Behavior let's that love shine through next year. Not just one character from the franchise, but something that gives us Five Nights at Freddy's as a whole.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,614

I expect they are working closely with Scott on the chapter, so i don't feel like it will mostly be BHVR's interpretation. Scott's said if he collabs he wants to make sure FNAF isn't misrepresented. It's why the movie took 9 years, there was a lot of different screenplays and 3 or more partners he worked with.

• dbd900bach

Of course. I'm sure it will get the same attention though realistically there's no telling if it happened just today or if it's been in the works for a good while.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,826

Yes but on the other claw squeaky toy

Before we forget to respond to the op, while we're indifferent to fnaf, it's nice to see all the fans going crazy in a positive light.

• Zenislev
    Zenislev Member Posts: 156

The game would be a lot better if they'd never touched FNAF, but unfortunately, the mistake's been made. Turns out that image of being an LGBT friendly company was all performative on BHVR's part. When it comes to companies, money's always worth throwing away your morals for. It's not a surprise but it is a shame.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334

Five nights at Freddy's is marketed towards children. I know people of all ages play and enjoy it. I don't knock anyone for being excited for their fav chapter coming into the game.

I am just wondering what demographic they will bring in. I am sure we will see an influx of children playing the game. More player count is good for the most part. Do we really want a game that's supposed to be aimed at an older crowd bringing in very young ones?

Just an observation. If you all wanted Freddy's in the game then awesome! Enjoy it!

• dbd900bach

Towards children? Maybe, I'll admit that but again, the lore is mostly about children getting unalived. The actual lore and the themes it goes into are anything but child friendly. Fnaf includes not only the games but also the novels.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,890

After reading up everything I could on the matter myself... and I agree with this assessment...

However I think it behooves us to be careful about talking it anymore, as it stirs the pot, and every FNAF thread sways into this topic and get ls wildly out of hand, ending up needing to be closed.

I for one am now treating any thread that mentions this drama as bait, that is better ignored than challenged, until the discussions become more civil.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,664

A reminder to please avoid discussing controversial topics on this platform.

This discussion has been closed.