We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Why doesn’t the thumbs up do anything

I’ve been playing for a while and always have used the thumbs up on good players if they played fun or where good and it turns out I does nothing?

I tested it with a friend and it doesn’t even give a notification you got one. Why does it even exist if there isn’t anything.

There should be a BP bonus or a special thing like a thumbs up icon that adds another for every one you get.

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,376

Yeah, maybe if it gave a small BP bonus (like 5-10k) for every thumbs up you got, people would be less inclined to be unpleasant.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668

That’s true, but because there is no reward the people that go out of their way to still click it are expending energy with no reward other than the reward of giving positive feedback.

People who gives thumbs up right now actually mean it since no reward is attached. If you attach a reward the sincere people would still use it, but now so would people who use it only for the reward.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,716
    edited October 7

I don't believe giving some BP reward is a good idea.

First, I don't believe veterans care about BPs. That's no incentive for them and they are by far the most "dangerous" players.

Second, for the players who care about BP, some may not like not getting a thumb-up when they believe they deserved it. Even without the incentive, players should never know they've got a thumb-up.

I wouldn't like to give the idea someone has played "nice" only to get BPs either. I often play nice only because I want to do it. The idea of incentive would cheapen the gesture.

Nothing good can come from giving thumbs-up a noticeable effect.

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,642

All data is good data! Here is something Vikram mentioned in a previous AMA:

Q: Does hitting "thumbs up" on player who was good to play with do anything? Do you actively use the data at the moment? I'd love to believe that sending positive feedback has positive effects.

A: It is monitored tough there is presently no direct incidence. That said all data is good data for us and we encourage players to continue to show their appreciation this way. We are looking for more actionable items with this feature in the future. -Vikram

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,658

It would be nice if we did have some kind of system to incentivize being nicer to each other, instead of adding more ways to act the opposite. BHVR has made references to adding something like that, but it doesn't seem like it's ever going to actually happen.