leader is better than wake up at wake ups job

tgrab
tgrab Member Posts: 70

Since wake up only gives yourself a 15% boost to opening gates whereas leader gives someone else a 25% bonus. This makes it so if you let someone else o-pen the gate they can do it in 15 seconds. However using the new leader and prove thyself buffs you can open a gate in 10 seconds. as you get 10%from prove thyself 25% from leader and 15% from wake up. I'd like to see someone trying this build out.

Comments

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    Prove Thyself does not affect gates, only generators. Although it's still a good point. Granted it's a little more conditional and doesn't have the auras, but the speed is the main appeal.
  • MrAnxiolytic
    MrAnxiolytic Member Posts: 29

It can counter Remember Me,combo wake up with leader

• tgrab
    edited January 2019

oh so it'd only be a 35% which i suppose is still better than only 15% the time to open the exit gates. the opening time would only be 14 seconds. and with a full powered remember me it will take the time down from 50 seconds to 32.5

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@Peanits said:
    Prove Thyself does not affect gates, only generators.

Im confused.
    Do you say leader give 25% for generator speed?
    Or im misunderstanding something?

• tgrab

@ShyN3ko said:

@Peanits said:

Im confused.

no prove thyself only affects generators whereas leader affects everything other than generators.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@tgrab said:

@ShyN3ko said:

@Peanits said:

Im confused.

no prove thyself only affects generators whereas leader affects everything other than generators.

Ahhh thx you.
    Because this many text bugs ingame.
    I dont know how it should work.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Back to the issue and ignoriing the confusion.

Yeah Leader doesd a better job than Wake Up because the percentage on Wake up is too small, I think the Gate Opening aspect should be removed since it makes this perk redundant. Yeah I can use Wake Up and open it fast but I could use Leader and follow someone else to open te Gate. Both of these are situational of course but the fact is the same, Leader makes Wake Up bleh.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

They should have left Leader alone TBH. Prove Thyself needed a rework but they totally borked both of these perks.

Also while Leader may be better than Wake Up at the same job, you need someone with Leader to stand near you while you open the gate. It's a bit of a trade off, but yea Wake Up should be better.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

Wake Up has always been a trash perk, so no surprise. When a trash perk like leader makes you look bad, you know you're terrible.

Leader is terrible becuase you are basically just bossing someone around to do something while twiddling your thumbs. It's not just inefficient, it's a loss of points for you as well. The gate and heal to you buffs are nice, but just not as good as how it used to work.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,866

Wake Up is a garbage perk that should be reworked. But just for the sake of arguing, at least wake up doesn't require 2 players. The two effects should stack as well. If I'm running Wake Up and Dwight running Leader comes up to me then I get both bonuses.