The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

“Give Props” Option (Small Request)

At the moment it just seems pointless if the player you’ve given props to (aftermatch). Like if it doesn’t even notify the person it shouldn’t exist overall? I mean it should at least notify the person that you’ve given props to. It’s not much but yeah I think it’ll be kinda cute/nice :’^

I think it would be really nice honestly. 

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Maybe give BP bonuses when enough people give you props too. An encouragement to be a kinder player
  • Salty_Pearl
    Salty_Pearl Member Posts: 1,367

I think it would be cool to make it so that you have a higher chance of playing with a person you gave props to again. I could see how it could be abused but it would be cool running into fun killers again.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

I think it would be cool to make it so that you have a higher chance of playing with a person you gave props to again. I could see how it could be abused but it would be cool running into fun killers again.

I doubt devs would want to do that. There’s a reason why devs wouldn’t want to have a possible bond/friend with someone who’s killer and the other is survivor.

I totally get what you mean though!!
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

They should do something like Overwatch does, the game tracks your "good props" and whenever you get say 10 you get a 100k BP reward. This would encourage players to play nice with each other so they can get props. Then just limit it so that you can only give props to someone you play against, and you can only do it once every week or something so people can't abuse it (and so SWF can't just give themselves props). Maybe even allow survivors to give each other props IF they are not in an SWF group together.

• Gamzello

@thesuicidefox said:
    They should do something like Overwatch does, the game tracks your "good props" and whenever you get say 10 you get a 100k BP reward. This would encourage players to play nice with each other so they can get props. Then just limit it so that you can only give props to someone you play against, and you can only do it once every week or something so people can't abuse it (and so SWF can't just give themselves props). Maybe even allow survivors to give each other props IF they are not in an SWF group together.

That's a good way to keep it balanced. I doubt that they'll give 100k BPs since that does seem a lot (to devs a least). It can encourage survivors to take the game more seriously and be nicer towards each other (or killers) but it's a possibility.

• Mrs_Fairfield
    Mrs_Fairfield Member Posts: 125
    I'm on PS where there's no post game chat and I'm too socially awkward to message strangers but I do give a lot of thumbs up. I just tell myself they probably do something or will someday. 
  • Gamzello

@Mrs_Fairfield said:
    I'm on PS where there's no post game chat and I'm too socially awkward to message strangers but I do give a lot of thumbs up. I just tell myself they probably do something or will someday. 

That's sweet. I ignore doing that because at the moment it doesn't really do much. Hopefully like you said, one day it will!

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Gamzello said:
    At the moment it just seems pointless if the player you’ve given props to (aftermatch). Like if it doesn’t even notify the person it shouldn’t exist overall? I mean it should at least notify the person that you’ve given props to. It’s not much but yeah I think it’ll be kinda cute/nice :’^

@Peanits mentioned that they would do a leader board thing where they praise the person who got the most props in the game. Consequently, due to expanding game, they don't have enough time to do this and needed to work on other things. :(

• Gamzello
    Nickenzie said:

@Gamzello said:

@Peanits mentioned that they would do a leader board thing where they praise the person who got the most props in the game. Consequently, due to expanding game, they don't have enough time to do this and needed to work on other things. :(

That’s understandable but it seems like such a small thing. :^((

I guess there are other important issues.
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Peanits said:
    I'd love to see it do more, personally. I don't know how well an automated system could work because people would find a way to abuse it and farm props, but they're already tracked and we can check them just like reports. I think it would be neat to have some sort of rewards for people who do nice things, like teaching a new player how the game works. Maybe a bunch of shards or something. I'm a firm believer that positive reinforcement is just as important as getting rid of the bad apples.

What is the give props button for in the first place? Does it do anything?

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Peanits said:
    I'd love to see it do more, personally. I don't know how well an automated system could work because people would find a way to abuse it and farm props, but they're already tracked and we can check them just like reports. I think it would be neat to have some sort of rewards for people who do nice things, like teaching a new player how the game works. Maybe a bunch of shards or something. I'm a firm believer that positive reinforcement is just as important as getting rid of the bad apples.
    Can you tell us how often this function is used? I remember myself giving probs 2 times at the release of this function, since then I never used it again
  • thesuicidefox

@Gamzello said:

@thesuicidefox said:

That's a good way to keep it balanced. I doubt that they'll give 100k BPs since that does seem a lot (to devs a least). It can encourage survivors to take the game more seriously and be nicer towards each other (or killers) but it's a possibility.

The reward should be substantial to make it worth it to be nice to other players. Maybe you need 20 good props for it, but the point is to put a big fat carrot on a stick that says "play nice with each other and you get the carrot" because you want to highly incentivize good behavior. Especially considering how toxic this game can be, you need something heavy to offset that.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

SWF's shouldnt be able to give their teammates props though, it's obviously abusing the mechanic
    FFXIV does similiar for props after a dungeon run.

• thesuicidefox

@Raptorrotas said:
    SWF's shouldnt be able to give their teammates props though, it's obviously abusing the mechanic
    FFXIV does similiar for props after a dungeon run.

If there was a reward I would agree to this. Or limit it to 1 good props per player per week such that they can't abuse it.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    AntiJelly said:

@Peanits said:

Currently it does not do anything. They are still tracked, though, in case they get used in the future.
  • Gamzello
    Peanits said:
    AntiJelly said:

@Peanits said:

Currently it does not do anything. They are still tracked, though, in case they get used in the future.
    So there’s a possibility it could actually do something?