The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Autodidact Buff

They should buff Autodidact to where the chances of triggering a skill check increase each tier.

Tier 1- Slightly increases chance of triggering a skill check

Tier 2- Moderately increases the chance of triggering a skill check

Tier 3- Considerably increases chances of triggering a skill check

Or make it so tier 1 stays the same but tier 2 increases chances slightly and tier 3 moderately increases the chance of triggering a skill check

Accidentally posted this on the killer forum at first

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Autodidact is tough to balance without making it busted as hell
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

This would be nice, I rarely get 3 tokens and I prefer this over Botany because it's so different.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    Im not sure of reading your intentions right, but do you indeed simply want to buff the perk or do you actually want more concistency in the skillchecks to get guaranteed value from the perk? 

• FambinoBambino
    FambinoBambino Member Posts: 5
    Im not sure of reading your intentions right, but do you indeed simply want to buff the perk or do you actually want more concistency in the skillchecks to get guaranteed value from the perk? 

I want to buff the perk
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522

I typically run Spine Chill with Autodidact to help get more skill checks. The thing I worry about is that with that buff, you could essentially get too many skill checks, giving you a pretty reliable and infinite insta-heal. If the killer happens to be running Unnerving Presence, that change would be even higher.

To put it into perspective, you've got a 15% chance of getting a skill check while healing another survivor every second. With Spine Chill, that would go up to 25%. With a moderately increased chance (let alone considerably), you can add on an additional 5%, and another 10% if the killer has Unnerving Presence for a total of 40% each second. That's an average of 2-3 seconds per insta-heal (~3 without the killer using Unnerving Presence).

I just worry that having too many stacking sources to increase the chance could make it too good. It is basically an instant heal, after all, if it works reliably it would be really overpowered.

• FambinoBambino
    FambinoBambino Member Posts: 5
    Peanits said:

I typically run Spine Chill with Autodidact to help get more skill checks. The thing I worry about is that with that buff, you could essentially get too many skill checks, giving you a pretty reliable and infinite insta-heal. If the killer happens to be running Unnerving Presence, that change would be even higher.

To put it into perspective, you've got a 15% chance of getting a skill check while healing another survivor every second. With Spine Chill, that would go up to 25%. With a moderately increased chance (let alone considerably), you can add on an additional 5%, and another 10% if the killer has Unnerving Presence for a total of 40% each second. That's an average of 2-3 seconds per insta-heal (~3 without the killer using Unnerving Presence).

I just worry that having too many stacking sources to increase the chance could make it too good. It is basically an instant heal, after all, if it works reliably it would be really overpowered.

What if they only buffed tier 3 and it was only slightly increased chance of triggering a skill check ?
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    Alright. So buffing the perk;

As @Peanits mentioned, there might be problems when increasing the chance by too much.

What about buffing this perk in such a way that skillchecks never decrease healing, but instead only give 10% per token up to 50% as usual?
    Meaning that picking the perk cannot be a net disbenefit and also doesn't bother your teammates?
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:
    Alright. So buffing the perk;

As @Peanits mentioned, there might be problems when increasing the chance by too much.

What about buffing this perk in such a way that skillchecks never decrease healing, but instead only give 10% per token up to 50% as usual?
    Meaning that picking the perk cannot be a net disbenefit and also doesn't bother your teammates?

So every skillcheck, if you get one, increases it's power/speed. I don't use Botany Knowledge so I don't know what the cercentage is on that but for people to even want to use this over that then Auto would have to be different but still powerful. Your version is basically a perk that eventually gets to Botany's strength and maybe goes past it?