The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Crossplay

Master
Master Member Posts: 10,200

Since this topic just came up again, Id like to know what the community thinks about this feature.

Would you like to see the introduction of crossplay (with the ability to disable it, apparently necessary for xbox folks)

https://www.strawpoll.me/17525698

Feel free to explain why in the thread

Comments

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Crossplay would be great! It would presumably help out with lobby timing and increase communication amongst the community! The only issue is that Bill wouldn’t be allowed on Consoles due to Valve’s legal handling of the character in the game, though if BHVR and Valve could come to an agreement, I’m sure Crossplay could also come with our beloved chain smoking veteran! 😄

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

I’d like a cross play very much so, only after the new engine and optimization tweaks though, Bc of the frame rate difference rn between console and pc it would be game breaking to do it before.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

I don't see any reason to say no as long as people can disable it.

I want to see that godlike survivors who can 'easily' avoid nurses to see PC nurses. As a survivor main I am desperate to know the tricks from them :)

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I would be ok with crossplay, but not Console-PC

• Kamikaze_Rose
    Kamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 247

Crossplay would be fine. Anyone saying, "Console killers would get wrecked by PC survivors" has clearly never played on PC with a controller. It all depends on what you're more used to -- controller or K&M.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

Just make it PC-Xbox-Switch (Sony is not very likely to allow it). Make it possible to have console only (Xbox-Switch) and add a kb+m support for Xbox.

When using kb+m on Xbox, you are allowed to play with PC players and other kb+m Xbox players only.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Make crossplay pls

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

I'd love a bigger, more connected community. We could all be mad at each other together 😄

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    edited March 2019

@Kamikaze_Rose I don't like the idea of Console-PC crossplay because console is not optimized at all

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831

Did you read the optimization message? 60FPS comes to console before dedicated servers.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

If they want people on Switch to stick to the game, they will need crossplay. Not everyone owns a Switch, and many who do are younger people whose parents won’t buy a game like dbd. Lobbies might be a bit lonely over there

• Master

@not_Queen

It would also be interesting what BHVRs standpoint is on crossplay. Are you even considering this now that the console versions are supposed to be more stable?

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Unfortunately, that's not the case as consoles run at a lower fps and have more drops and spikes when things happen. It's not just using the controller in this instance, like fortnite, but how the game actually runs.

• Master

BHVR just made a post that they are aiming for 60 fps on consoles very soon,so that shouldnt be a deal

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

Optimization and Dedicated Servers are the biggest things that need to happen

But after that, Cross Play & Progression would be very welcome features.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I think it would be great, lobby times would be shorter and the challenge would be raised for us console players facing veteran PC players.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Does your link work correctly? I'm not getting it to work for some reason.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

Hell yes I want crossplay! Especially with DBD coming to the Switch!

Just let me be able to access the same account across all platforms and I’m happy.

• Master

There could be the possibility that if you enable cross platform on PC, then you cant select Bill. Sure would not be optimal, but since survivors are only skins anyway.....

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

This isn't a bad idea to be honest since really there isn't a difference between K&M and controller.

• Gem
    Gem Member Posts: 37

I'd love to be playing against the entire community. The only issue I'd see is aren't consoles on older patches/get our patch later? I guess if you could disable crossplay until we're on the same patch it'd still work.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

Just, please dont add it when the game is already dying

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    edited March 2019

Your royal highness, this would be an amazing opportunity to group the community together and as a plus, it adds more variety in ranks (which will also solve queues to an extent).

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

If it was added the playerbase would reach its peak...

• Dolphin9192
    Dolphin9192 Member Posts: 130

If console framerate was fixed I would like to see it happen, but not until then.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I would say atm consoles yes definately but versus pc no.

Right now killers are already considered weak, a pc survivor could easily run one around moreso than pc killers.

If the devs added keyboard and mouse support for consoles well I would then say yes to all.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Crossplay would honestly be amazing and healthy for the DBD community as a whole. Merging the segmented community into one massive pool of players would only benefit this game long term. However i am only for crossplay once the baseline consoles are optimized to run at 60FPS. If there remains a huge disparity in performance levels it will give the PC community an unfair advantage over the console players. Playing nurse with mouse and keyboard at 120FPS is a completely different game vs the exercise in frustration that is console nurse at 30fps.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

Crossplay would be awesome!!! It would be the whole community playing together an would overall be healthy for the game. It would also help out the switch players since I'm going to assume the playerbase is going to be smaller there. It would just bee great for que times and matchaking in general. We should get optimization first though because I don't want the fps to get in the way.

• Master

As survivor it doesnt really matter if you play with m/k or controller, there are a lot of pc players that play survivor with controller too. As killer its a differnet story though.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

There are several things that need to be done first before crossplay can be thing.

1) Stable 30/60 fps on all platforms

2) Dedicated servers

3) All platforms on same Patch

4) Buff for console Killers' camera turning

Otherwise I don't see it happen as a stable game mode or a fair one.

• Master

1) BHVR just posted that they are on their way for 60 fps

2) summer

3) thats the plan anyway

4) buff for camera turning, how do you mean that? Higher sensitivity as settings?

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
    edited March 2019

It would be great, but a console peasant would not play against a pc player because they would destroy it..

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

I'm aware they are on their way. I was simply stating the requirements.

Higher sensitivity, yes. KB&M Killers have an advantage over controller Killers in that regard.

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

If we're so worried about the console players why don't we just have crossplay between Xbox and Ps4 (and soon to be the Nintendo Switch) PC has the largest playerbase from the other 2 consoles but until the devs work something out with better sensitivity for console players, it would be less frustrating if you're playing with other console players than playing against PC players with much better sensitivity.

• Master

You could disable the crossplay option if you feel disadvantaged in some way

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

I'm a PC player who only plays the game using an Xbox One controller and I can say with confidence besides the Nurse and Huntress using a controller does not hold the killer back.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

Crossplay? Brilliant idea! The optimization patch, which is going to be released, and the dedicated servers, in late summer 2019, will make it possible. Of course, consolle players won't be allowed to select Bill Overback, but it's quite irrelevant.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

And PC players who do select Bill won't be allowed to play against consoles, or else Valve will sue the ######### out of BHVR.

• Master

The easiest approach will be simpyl disabling bill when you wanna enable to crossplatform feature. Its just a skin in the end and if you really wanna play it, then you have to stay on the pc platform

• Feltruth
    Feltruth Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2019

I definitely say Cross platform for all would be amazing. As suggested there should be an option to opt. out of cross platform for less comfortable players. But personally I think PC and consoles should be able to play together at least having the choice to would be amazing!

• MPOCARA
    MPOCARA Member Posts: 1

Que tal fazer um crossplay somente entre as pessoas que só tem controle ou mouse.

• The_Tryhard_0ne
    The_Tryhard_0ne Member Posts: 1

I would love crossplay SO much. My best friend is on PC and I'm on Xbone so we're really limited to what games we can play together. He doesn't like shooters and I need competitive multiplayer so this seems like a game that we would love to play together. Besides, introducing this on switch means crossplay will be almost mandatory to avoid the small playerbase and long queue times that I feel the switch would have. Love your game, thanks for reading!

• LittleTwig
    LittleTwig Member Posts: 1

For me, crossplay is something that would definitely help me in the future more so if it includes crossprogression, since I've become a father, I haven't been able to boot up my PC and I can rarely use my Xbox so, at the moment, the only way I can play is in my switch and I would love it if I could still play with my friends no matter if I can't play on my PC anymore

• FlOoZz7up
    FlOoZz7up Member Posts: 1

Crossplay its fcking good idea ! for search game is fast and for play all freinds that's cool !

• UndedThuggernaut
    UndedThuggernaut Member Posts: 7

With the release of DBD on the Switch, I sincerely hope that they will integrate cross-platform play. A buddy of mine has the game on PC and has put quite a bit of work in to it. I have put quite a bit of work into the Switch version.

PLEASE INTEGRATE CROSS-PLATFORM CAPABILITIES!!! ^_^