"The game will die if SWF is removed"

Tzeentchling9
Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

So why did the SWF rate drop 20% since we last checked?

Comments

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

Uhh who cares?

And where did you hear that swf will get removed? Why even mentioning it?

Yes it will lose a part of its playerbase but they won't remove it.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

Yes, If they do that they gonna loose a big ammount of their player base. But luckely thats never gonna hapen :P

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

Simple... Playing survivor has sucked balls for the last little while.. and killer has actually gotten more fun since it has gotten allot easier than in the past.

Killers wanted it harder for survivors to rank up, so did some survivors.. but I think that pushed people away.

I bet some have started playing more killer and their friends that didn't want to play killer, went and played something else.

IMO... random guessing.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited May 2019

There is no way SWF will get removed, by the recent data sheets we know that almost 50% of players on average play in at least 2 man SWF. I don't think it should be removed either.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    edited May 2019

SWF means nothing, there are tryhards and SWF casuals, that's it, the Casual ratio is much more than the disgusting tryhards who will complain about everything, the group you wonder "What happened to them for them to be so salty?" People just whine about SWF groups and avoid them cause they're scared they'd get outplayed rather than playing in it for help to improve their skill.

I am saying this as a Killer perspective, I play Killer and I see a bunch of others whine about this, it's not a big deal.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

@ShrekIsHot thing is though.. people want SWF balanced into the game... So if SWF is declining, and killers get buffed to deal with SWF... Where does that leave the solo survivor player?

Remember this game got voted best played with friends.. and that number is dropping. I don't think that is a good sign.

--

One real big issue I see always rears it's head during these event times.

Why are killer queues taking allot longer and survivors are instant queues during these event times? (at least this is how it is for me, and I'm near Toronto).

Why do people want to play more killer during these double bloodpoint events?

How come you don't see the survivor queue times increasing?

The answer comes down to.. low scoring for survivors.

The grind is too big in this game and I think the game is starting to suffer from it.

• Waiting
    Waiting Member Posts: 3

High SWF rates: "Killers always versus 4 Squaddettes every game and it's not fair! Remove SWF!"

Low SWF rates: "No one even plays SWF at all! Don't even bother keeping it in the game! Remove SWF!"

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I have always said it wouldn't affect much if SWF was removed

Now the proof is here

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,555

The proof also is that SWF doesnt increase your survival rate by any significant value, so whats the deal here? are we complaining just to complain?

• Tydie
    Tydie Member Posts: 126

this game really wouldnt be as fun without swf tbh

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185
    edited May 2019

Honestly, even as somebody who only plays solo, having the option to play in a group with friends is a significant selling point, and removing SWF would genuinely hurt the game. Even if I do not take advantage of it, I like having the option to play with friends if I want. 

DBD is a very social game, and I feel that SWF is as much a part of it as playing solo. The game just wouldn't be the same without it.