If we are going to punish DC we should punish dodging

Comments

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

So, make that they need to send a proof (video) from the match?

But your right, the system could be easily abused

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Dodging because of bad ping is acceptable. Any other reason you are simply a coward.

Those who claim lobby dodging doesn't hurt anyone are flat wrong. Lobby wait times are made worse by every dodge.

That said I fail to see why people oppose a ban for lobby dodging. Obviously you couldn't ban for dodging a single lobby. But if it was set at a 30% threshold. Are you really telling me people who meet that aren't harming the game and deserve a ban?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

Not true. I've seen multiple players say they don't want certain survivors (usually Claudettes) on their teams. If I recognize a survivor's name as someone who's helped the killer or sandbagged teammates, I'll dodge.

You know what'll happen if DCing and dodging are both punished? You'll either get fewer players, or you'll see more survivors suiciding on their first hook and killers that stand in a corner rather than interact with the survivors. There's no perfect answer, but at least with lobby dodging you're not forced to play a crap match and possibly de-pip at the end.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

My idea:

1) In the lobby, only show Survivor usernames at first. Survivor characters are not revealed at this time.

2)Then, once all the players have filled the lobby, bring up a prompt that shows all players' pings (Killer's username is not revealed) and a asks if everyone is okay with starting the countdown timer. Anyone who says no is kicked out with no penalty, and the remaining players keep waiting until everyone says yes.

3) From there, when everyone says yes, THEN all the Survivors are shown as normal, and players configure their loadouts according while the timer counts down. From here, anyone who leaves will be treated as having DC'd.

This is just the gist of it. The idea is that people can leave safely if they see too high pings and stuff, but they can't keep lobbydodging when they see loadouts they don't like.

• Arroz

Just add a system if you have 200/150+ Ping you get kicked.

It really makes me mad when someone just dodge

• Leatherbilly
    Leatherbilly Member Posts: 384

You could also just deal with the various reasons killers constantly dodge lobbies rather than forcing them to subject themselves to it.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

This opens up a whole different can of worms. For starters, you would need a whole team of people to review all of that footage. The ACMs are already tied up with reports and appeals so that's not really an option. The support team is busy too, so that'd be out of the question. Beyond that, there's the dilemma of what is a good reason to blacklist someone? Is it just based on the game rules? If it is, we might as well just ban them like we already do. If it's not, then the question becomes why it's not and if it's worthy of blacklisting someone.

• Arroz

The only reasons I think a killer dodge is because

1 He's going against a toxic survivor

2 High ping

3 SWF/Flashlight/Medkit

4 Coward??

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Theres a huge difference between 4 people in a party... even if they're not in a party being able to see a wraith and then being able to grab all flashlights or seeing that it's a LF and dodge because they could be planning to camp, the game is supposed to have 4 people going in not knowing what they are going to get and then adjust on the run not have 4 people fully geared and prepared for what they are going against

• Arroz

Ah, I see

Well I would like you to check this idea, and I would like to see what you think about this: When you have 200+ ping you get kicked from the lobby

Or just a simple idea

If you leave the lobby 3+ (Killer) you get a cooldown, maybe 15 minutes? 5+ 30 minutes

Is from @TAG

1) In the lobby, only show Survivor usernames at first. Survivor characters are not revealed at this time.

2)Then, once all the players have filled the lobby, bring up a prompt that shows all players' pings (Killer's username is not revealed) and a asks if everyone is okay with starting the countdown timer. Anyone who says no is kicked out with no penalty, and the remaining players keep waiting until everyone says yes.

3) From there, when everyone says yes, THEN all the Survivors are shown as normal, and players configure their loadouts according while the timer counts down. From here, anyone who leaves will be treated as having DC'd.

This is just the gist of it. The idea is that people can leave safely if they see too high pings and stuff, but they can't keep lobbydodging when they see loadouts they don't like.

• Arroz

Anyways if you dodge the survivor will get mad and he will just leave the game

Same to lower players, bc no one wants to play lobby simulator (10+ Minutes)

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051

@Arroz"Negative past experiences with one or more people in the lobby"

Apparently. Including reasons such as:

"Player has X number of hours more than me in DBD"

• Visionmaker

Killers can dodge for any reason under the sun.

Maybe we should deal with the various reasons survivors constantly D/C in-game rather than forcing them to subject themselves to it. /s

• Visionmaker
    edited May 2019

@Peanits Allowing killers to view steam profiles/names and unpunished dodging essentially allows killers to blacklist survivor players.

Why are you overlooking this obvious hypocrisy? Your team does not support MLGA yet you sanction a budget MLGA in the form of the lobby design. Your reasoning is lacking.

Does it make any sense to you that Killers should be able to dodge me for any reason? I've had teammates AND forum posters tell me that wearing cosmetics subjects me to lobby dodging. Is that fair to you?

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
  • TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,141

I've actually tried this. On a day where I kept having matches where the first person I downed DC'd, in the rest of the matches I had that day I just wandered around the map as killer and left survivors alone to do gens and leave. I only got a couple messages complaining about it; the rest seemed happy to have a killer-free generator-repair-SIM experience.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited May 2019

@Peanits

While I agree with what you said regarding racial slurs and general toxicity what about when playing survivor?

Survivors have no control over whom they face and they could just as easily have had these things done by a killer player, the ability to dodge toxic players who may have abused someone in the end game chat shouldn't be one sided.

There is also the fact that players can hide steam profile and change names deleting the others to stop most of that from being able to be seen which negates this information from needing to be seen in the lobby.

Survivor's had the option to see profiles removed as they could see the killer they may play which made sense but it also was in essense done so players did not avoid those who camped or were good while which can fall under your bad experience quote, a bad experience should not be an option if they are using in game mechanics built in by BHVR or things which aren't bannable.

Right now a killer can equip a mori against a survivor they may recognise and tunnel them to use it, is that considered a bad experience and if so why allow it?

Allowing one side to dodge for using in game mechanics shouldn't be allowed imo as it creates a legit way of cherry picking games for an easier time.

Where does it stop? why not then allow players to pick if they want to play versus a mori? Insta heals? Certain add-ons? where do you draw the line?

Ping and toxicity I agree with but you have to be consistent with toxicity for both sides and realise toxicity does go both ways, allowing one side to do dodge for it and not the other is akin to saying its ok for one side to be abused which isnt really ideal, you really should either allow both sides to see profiles or none of them in the lobby.

Personally all profiles should be hidden imo as it's just a way to create problems and can cause a bad experience for both sides.

There is of course the option to close chat or leave immediately if you see someone you had a bad experience with so you dont see the chat, maybe you should auto close chat and it should be an option to read instead of allowing players to dodge.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

We need to remove Kiler's ability to see players in the lobby.

So the killer gets to prep?If he sees people packing 4 toolkits he packs in Franklin's, it's toxic because it just punishes survivors for wanting to use items the game gives out for them to use.

Worse, many times what I see happening is, if Killer sees several Blendettes in the lobby he swaps to Doctor and readies an Ebony Mori.

This is just toxic and seriously has no place in the game. Killer prep is overrated and harmful to the game, and should be removed.

• Arroz

It would be fine if survivors can see what killer is.

So if it is a doctor you can use calm spirit just like killers, if you see 4 toolboxes you use franklin's

• Visionmaker

Killer prep is an intended feature of the game. I'd rather a killer slap on an Ebony Mori than get the unwarranted privilege of soft-banning me from playing with him.

What's toxic is when killers circumvent this and forego the entire freaking lobby. Like whose bright idea was this anyway?

Devs keep using "coordination with other survivors" as an excuse not to buff certain perks, but how the hell are any of us supposed to make use of perks like Saboteur when you get constantly kicked out with 2 or more toolboxes to begin with?

• Visionmaker

Bravo way to never get a response. lmao

Too much truth and you'll only get silence and downvotes.

• Arroz

So I can't use my prestige clothing, that took me so much to get because a cherry killer dodge me...

and btw, survivor can't blacklist but killers CAN

• Arroz

Hhaha

Well, you know this is a killer main forum, so any idea that dont benefit them is down voted

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

His ping: TO BE DETERMINED

Me: Don't be a lobby dodger >.> XD

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited May 2019

this was pretty much my exact arguement the last time one of these threads got talked about. There's a hundred reasons to dodge that lobby. As of right now, the most common lobby dodge is due to Ping. That will change once we have dedicated servers.

This is the most common dodge because both killers and survivors dodge for this reason. Survivors want to hit skillchecks without a natural Huntress' Lullaby and Killers don't want to chase a survivor that has the spirits passive phasing.

The rest still need dealt with. But let's be honest. As long as the internet lets you talk to random people while hiding your face, there will always be a dick hole spouting racist ######### in random game lobbies. It's as guaranteed as someone using in game destruction to make a penis. It's something you have to endur. Due to the nature of such people, they will always abuse what they can to amuse themselves. So the best answer that can be offered, is to let people leave the lobbies that have such people in them.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Survivors can't dodge? Are you sure? Cause they keep leaving my lobby with yellow ping.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Yes, we SHOULD be punishing people who want to avoid a 500 ping killer and vice versa.

I lose IQ every time I read this forum.

Oh yeah remember that guy from before who was extremely toxic? Well you are forced to play with them again! yay for common sense!

• Visionmaker
    edited May 2019

lmao like people only dodge for ping. What a load of #########.

Killers don't have to play versus survivors that tea-bag and say "ggez baby killer". But the Killer that called me a ######### and told me to kms? Nah, I should totally be forced to play with him again.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

And what stops killers to switch at the last second like survivors do with items ? Every killer could just first pick wraith and then switch to nurse with already made build and addons.

You want something but you don't think about it enough. System is made how it is now because it makes kind of sence. Survivor items without ultra rare addons don't have enough impact on the match unlike killer's addons and the choice of played killer.

And also there was a time when survivors could see through steam name of which killer they went against. Almost every survivors had on their steam profile several pages of killer names they dodge because they didn't like the way they played. Thankfully it got changed since the amount of dodging survivors was unreasonbly high.

• Arroz
    edited May 2019

Did you even read what I write?

I SAY IF A SURVIVOR HAVE 200+ PING THEY GET KICKED

I lose IQ EVERYTIME I read your post

• Arroz

So, by your logic, killer can dodge and survivor can't

So im forced to play against the same toxic killer

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Yes you have to. Toxicity is strongly rooted in almost all DBD matches and if you want to play DBD you will face tons of toxic players and you can't do anything about it except growing thicker skin. If you can't handle it then DBD isn't a game for you.

So if toxicity is such a big deal to you then either switch to beiing killer main and make yourself a list of players you dodge (at red ranks literally every game has toxic survivors) or quit DBD. Maybe in future there will be some new feature to combat your problem but currently there is none.

And giving survivors ability to dodge won't solve the problem or even help game's health so it's not happeing for many reasons already stated.

• ASurvkillivorer

Nope. I see this bad idea pop up every so often. No form of punishing people for leaving a lobby makes sense. It would do more harm than good.

What about bugged 3man lobbies? Do you get a penalty for leaving those? Or are you forced to wait 10 minutes or whenever it finally fills? Does the killer get in trouble for closing one of those?

• Arroz

Bugged 3man lobbies? That have never happend to me and I have 1336 hours..

I think I need to repeat you.

YOU GET A COOLDOWN IF YOU LEAVE 3+ TIMES, CAN'T FIND A LOBBY FOR 5 MINUTES.

• ASurvkillivorer

Yeah totally. Im sure you've never had a lobby with 3 survivors in it where a person quits it instantly gets 1 more survivor but only 1 survivor and for some odd reason 2 people need to leave for it to have a chance of filling.

lmao what benefit does it do to anyone to give a 5 minute cooldown? As if there are people who would get on the game just to lobby dodge.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

It's pretty simple to fix.

The lobby is 60 seconds long.

The timer starts once everyoje is in and the ping has stabilised.

You have 20 seconds to leave in that time due to ping, no names, chars or anything else is shown.

Once it hits 40 seconds survivors and killer are locked in and leaving means you get a longer wait to requeue, survivors are then shown with clothed and items.

No names or profiles are shown as that breeds toxicity, they are also removed from the end game lobby so people don't write on profile, yes there is another way but not everyone will use that, the point is not to make it so easy.

At 25s or when the survivors ready up they can no longer change loadouts and the killer has that time to setup to combat it.

Make the end game chat an option at the end to be shown, no auto chat no instant toxicity.

Ping is sorted and you have time to leave, survivors can use what they like and killers have time to setup without last second switching.

If someone is toxic by intentionally griefing in game they can be reported and dealt with that way, in the end dodging doesn't help stamp that out only by playing and recording can the devs do something about those players.

• Arroz

I'll just copy paste what @twistedmonkey say

It's pretty simple to fix.

The lobby is 60 seconds long.

The timer starts once everyoje is in and the ping has stabilised.

You have 20 seconds to leave in that time due to ping, no names, chars or anything else is shown.

Once it hits 40 seconds survivors and killer are locked in and leaving means you get a longer wait to requeue, survivors are then shown with clothed and items.

No names or profiles are shown as that breeds toxicity, they are also removed from the end game lobby so people don't write on profile, yes there is another way but not everyone will use that, the point is not to make it so easy.

At 25s or when the survivors ready up they can no longer change loadouts and the killer has that time to setup to combat it.

Make the end game chat an option at the end to be shown, no auto chat no instant toxicity.

Ping is sorted and you have time to leave, survivors can use what they like and killers have time to setup without last second switching.

If someone is toxic by intentionally griefing in game they can be reported and dealt with that way, in the end dodging doesn't help stamp that out only by playing and recording can the devs do something about those players.

• Zanely89
    Zanely89 Member Posts: 134

I just couldn't understand this lobby dodging problem. I have played DBD for 10 months in the asian region and I don't really have lobby dodging issue so serious as claimed in this thread. I do get dodge sometime but it is usually when my ping is high or I was with a 4-man team. If I go solo, I never get dodge even with a team full of loadout.

I mainly play survivor but I really do not like the way some people try to shame killer into playing what they think killer should play.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

The only time I would want a punishment for lobby dodging is if someone does it a bunch of times in a row. Then you could give them a few minute cooldown. But it doesn't affect gameplay at all. The only time I dodge lobbies is if the killer has horrible ping or if the survivors have 4 toolboxes. It's not a huge issue.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

+1. The whole idea sounds good.

Also, there's no need to know anyone's name in this game.

Never understood the point of having a chat, either.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568

lol. punish people for dodging and watch people just alt f4. and not play at all. you will kill the community single handedly forcing people to go up against situations or people they dont want. especially if pings bad etc people they already faced.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    edited May 2019

You must always play 4 man SWF and never play killer if you haven't experienced 3 man bugged lobbies.

They're really common.

And maybe that explains your whole problem with dodging. A lot of people have zero fun playing vs 4 man swf.

• Arroz

As survivor yes, and I dont know but the last time I got that was in the October 2018

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433

The devs DON'T punish DC'ing though, that's the problem. They just completely refuse to touch it.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    edited May 2019

No, dodging definitely need this game unless we get kick button

What are you gonna do if someone get red high ping and NOT leaving the lobby?

Imagine you playing as killer and all survivors get this with no dodging or kick button and they don't leave for no reason

You're forcing us to play with lag

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Another honest, upstanding, unbiased forum poster spreading his truth amongst the masses.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
  • Arroz