What's the scariest movie to you ?

SuddenButton
SuddenButton Member Posts: 32
edited June 2019 in Off-topic

My movie is The Exorcist still to this day I cannot watch it but myself it's truly a horror masterpiece down right flawless although exorcist was scary leprechaun gave me nightmares something about those little Sharp infected teeth biting you scared the heck out you then when he done hell just keep hitting you with that little club XD

Post edited by SuddenButton on

Comments

• SuddenButton

@TragicSolitude Carpenter does great work though I dont remember the movie in full detail but the game was really great they had the lore perfect you could recruit members of the team and during the mission the people would become infected or you could test them before they just outright became The Thing that's a great choice btw

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Scariest movie I've ever seen is The Grudge, I saw it was when I was young with my uncle and my dumbass thought it was an AMAZING idea to immediately go to the store and rent the the Japanese version Ju-On and watch it that night.

I've since gotten over my fear of the dark but holy ######### ######### you and everyone who's with me if I start hearing noises as well.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926

Insidious was pretty frightening though I can't think of what movie would be the scariest. The whole premise of the movie is freaky from how the people were killed to the evidence that was found.

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

Quarantine. Maybe because I saw it when I was young and dealing with other issues, but anything with a real life premise scares me. Like I mean ######### that could very likely happen, but not slashers or realistic in that way. I find those funny.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

Very few things actually scare me, I might get the odd jump scare here or there but nothing really frightening. I tend to find psychological horror to be more frightening than any type of more graphic horror.

• NeonAlien
    NeonAlien Member Posts: 328
    edited June 2019

[Rec].

• SuddenButton

@MandyTalk TBH those are my favorite types of horror movies now that I'm older pychological thrillers can be terrifying and challenge our minds to the perception of nothing seems to be what it is for example The Unvited and Gone Girl

• SuddenButton

@NeonAlien I'm going to have to watch it I've never even seen it ,is it like fear dot com or the call

• SuddenButton

@KabuI think about insidious key monster I think about him every time I go into the yamaoko house because of the oni mask

• NeonAlien
    edited June 2019

@SuddenButton

It's a found footage horror movie from spain. It plays in a small appartement complex and is excellent in executing tension and disturbing scenes while feeling very real. I don't tell you what's it about exactly, that's part of the fun!

(it's nothing like the call tho)

I would also reccomend to you "a tale of two sisters" (korean original) if you like psychological horror. It's one of my favorite movies in general, not only horror.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited June 2019

The only movie that really scared me (although when I was a kid) was Alien.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Now, the scariest movie ever? Has got to be the Little Mermaid. Ursula was terrifying!

• Pike_Trickfoot

Naw fam. Scooby-doo Zombie Island. Legit gave me nightmares as a child.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

It's a tie between "The Thing" and [REC]

Both are amazing in their own ways.

• SuddenButton

@NeonAlien Ok and I'm going to recommend Evil Dead 2010 Remake if you like that closed nit scenes filled with tension

• NeonAlien

@SuddenButton

Thanks, I'll check it out!

• Pike_Trickfoot

This is one that I got over but it scared me at the time. The Brother's Grimm.

As someone who couldn't stand loud noises and sudden changes and was claustrophobic within the movie theatre, I should not have seen that when it came out. Then I watched it on tv and it's my favorite movie now (doesn't scare me anymore). I think I was like 10/11 (definitely younger than 13).

• ATerribleBilly
    ATerribleBilly Member Posts: 69

I had a immense feeling of dread when I watched Martin Scorsese's Cape Fear tor the first time. The suspense was killing me.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

Only one that ever made me unsettled was the texas chainsaw massacre, it made me ridiculously distressed when I watched it, mainly due to the scene where Sally is tied up at the dining table and she screams constantly, combined with close ups of her eyes really disturbed me.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

And especially when her disabled brother was sawed in half and her friend got hooked like all of us! XD

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I mean, I'm not really truly scared of any movies nowadays but I must admit, a movie I could never get through is Cannibal Holocaust, I dont think its that its necessarily scary but it's just disturbing to me and I could never finish it

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I was kind of a scaredy cat back when I was younger, so I feared one of the Harry Potter movies (the one with Dementors). Nowadays, I never get scared at all.

Probably the one that I found legit unnerving was a specific scene in The Babadook. Most of it was meh, but the scenes where the mother reads the book and when the monster appears in her bedroom are spectacularly well done.

I loved that one. Legit scary.

• Pike_Trickfoot

Whoever thought that it was a good idea for a child's movie should've been fired. My own parents walked in and turned it off because it unsettled them. (Scooby-do Zombie Island)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

When I was little, the first IT terrified me.

• SuddenButton

@Pike_Trickfoot is this Scooby Doo really that disturbing lol

• Pike_Trickfoot

@SuddenButton For a child it was. You know how Scooby Doo is suppose to be cheesy? This wasn't. I would recommend you watch it if you haven't. You might not find it disturbing in any way, but imagine yourself as a child watching it.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Annabelle creation lol.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532
    edited June 2019

Anyone old enough to have seen Ghostwatch on its live airing in 1992?

Seeing it now, it's got some genuinely creepy moments, but seeing it "live", was my Generation's War of the Worlds!

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

SAW without a doubt

The very thought of having to go through one of jigsaws games gives me chills, just imagine the pain and angsty you would pass through if you were to be in one of his games

• Dante_
    Dante_ Member Posts: 9

The Conjuring series!

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

What's your favorite scary movie?

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@TheGhostofZgor W-What? I meant a... I... -Hangs up-

• SuddenButton

🙏 Please go vote my post about small killers up I want to make sure I don't ruin the game

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

I grew up watching scary movies: Hellraiser, Nightmare on Elm Street, Poltergeist, The Exorcist and Child's Play to name a few. The only movie I'd say left me unsettled was The Babadook. I dunno why. I just have no urge to ever watch that movie again, even though the acting and script was great.

• SuddenButton
    edited June 2019

@feechima another one I want be revisited is the visit that movie has some gross scenes not really horror just gross

• Eamassy
    Eamassy Member Posts: 1

Definitely The Grudge (Japanese version)! I spent the next week sleeping with every llight on in the house... Found another list yesterday and I think Gonjiam may worth watching.