Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Will Sabotaging ever be addressed?

It's such a niche tactic now and it's so time wasting for so little effectiveness.

Fully sabotage some hooks in an area? Killer can just slug.

Sabotage when the killer gets close to the hook? Killer can drop the survivor and head for the saboteur

And talking about Saboteur... it takes 30 seconds with this perk to prepare one hook, that's almost half a gen or a fully heal with self-care. It's just too slow and easily counterable to even be remotely decent.

inb4 "I dO nO wAnT sAbO tO bE sTrOnK" Well... enjoy the genrush I guess :/

Comments

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

I started playing dbd way after the sabotage meta got nerfed, I can understand why due to it being op, however I would like see it have a comeback in a more balanced way, maybe spawn more than 1 basement? or make the sabotage process take longer?

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

The only time I ever sabo is when I get it as a daily. Otherwise, i spend that time chunking gens...

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

I mean. Sabo wouldn't really be fun for the killer if it was stronger because it would just be frustrating and it wouldn't be fun for survivor because no one likes to be slugged all game. But, I wouldn't mind seeing a good/balanced version of sabo

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

This is also true. Sabotating isn't fun and doesn't work most of the time... I wonder if the devs ever considered removing it as a mechanic or just rework it from scratch.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Give Jake a purpose again XD (besides iron will)

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Nerf the gen rush but also keep sabo where it is at.

Easy.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

What is this "gen rush" you speak of?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Sabo'd hooks should decrease rate of sacrifice (with some UI indication to all players), and breaks after the rescue. Once it respawns it is immune to sabotage.

It could be used as an anti-camping mechanic. Sabo a bunch of hooks in an area and the killer can't camp you. They would be forced to leave you AND because the hook breaks after a save (like Breakdown), then it's also a bit anti-tunnel. The killer would just want to leave you and find someone else somewhere else. And in theory you could sabo every hook on the map, but that would take a few minutes even as an SWF and if the killer plays smart they will just reuse hooks.

Which would also mean that Hangman's Trick would be more useful. Sabo would be more common such that, killers just let the guy get saved so the hook breaks and respawns 10 seconds later, now immune to sabo. If survivors were trying to set up an area of anti-camp by sabo'ing a bunch of hooks, HT will absolutely crush that tactic.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

Be careful about that. Hook respawns take 3 minutes. The bleedout timer is 4 minutes. For players like me who just like to screw around rather than play to "win," I'll sometimes slug someone at the hook they just sabo'd and wait the 3 minutes for it to respawn. Upping the hook respawn time to 4 minutes means the slugged survivor would bleed out before they could be hooked. I doubt that'd be fun for them.

• TragicSolitude
    edited June 2019

@Thaznar Just yesterday I had a Jake who sabo'd all the hooks in one area of the map so that I couldn't hook him. I picked him up, saw no hooks, and dropped him on the ground and left him slugged.

I mean, I guess it's up to survivors and what they'd prefer. A second objective to slow things down seems better than bringing back sabo which just leads to everyone slugged on the ground waiting to bleed out. I've played games as survivor where the killer slugged all four of us and left us to bleed out, which sucked, I mean I prefer to play the video game rather than go afk for 3+ minutes. But I play killer more than I do survivor at this point.

• TragicSolitude

@Thaznar Repairing gens is so dull! Holding down a button and occasionally doing skill checks. I'd love a more dynamic objective. Adding interactivity to the maps would be great.

One of the reasons stealth killers are so ineffective in this game is because survivors can be constantly vigilant. Working on a gen, cleansing totems, sabotaging hooks, it's all just holding down a button while being allowed to freely look around with their third person camera. They don't have to concentrate on their objective.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Playing against a SWF sabo squad as killer is one of the most miserable gaming experiences I've had. Finally get that tbagging surv, take them to the hook, their buddy pops out, finishes it off, surv gets free, 2 gens pop. Awful.