My Killer Tier List (ranking within specific tiers as well)

This is my opinion on how the tier list should go. In each tier, the killers are ranked from best to worst as well (best on the left, worst on the worst).

Here are quick explanations for each killer:

Legion has the most useless power.

Leatherface has the most inconsistent power and crap addons.

Trapper is third worst because his power is time consuming, easily avoidable, and survivors can sabotage his traps.

Clown can cut off loops, but at base his gas is underwhelming and barely does enough.

Pig's RBTs have wack RNG and no use during EGC. Her dash attack has some mindgame potential, or can scare people away from safe spots.

Doctor's tracking ability is what really makes him a bit viable. His anti-loop ability is rather weak though. Madness (in tier 3) can keep people off gens potentially.

Wraith has some of the best addon combos, making him more versatile. His no TR helps him get closer to survivors before they fully book it to the nearest loop.

New Freddy has potential with Dream Pallets and the teleporting. If I'm judging off his snares, he would then fall below Wraith.

Ghost Face can instadown, but his power has such a weakness. The use of no TR/red stain and the killer instinct tracking make him slightly viable.

Plague can put survivors into 1 hit states all game, or has projectile vomit that can pose a massive threat.

Myers is rather map dependent (the corn maps make him worse). But he gets a tier of good stealth and a tier of instadowns.

Hag can teleport around the map and apply great pressure, but her traps are easily counterable. Her speed can be a hinderance as well.

Huntress can hit a survivor from a distance. She is not A tier because of the slowness of her wind up at base and her movement speed.

Spirit, while being a mindgame goddess, can be countered. She also does not instadown.

Hillbilly can instadown (only reason I put him above Spirit), go from point A to point B in a matter of seconds, but only has little mindgame potential.

Nurse does not need to be explained.

Comments

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Pretty much agreed. The top half from Nurse to Ghostface is pretty undeniable. I just don’t see how some people can say Plague is low tier.

Spirit being countered? By what? Iron Will is a counter but you’re not gonna bring in Iron Will and pray it’s a Spirit. Outside of perks there isn’t much to counter her, same as Nurse.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

I think people need to say what rank they generally play at, some jills perform better against good players than bad and vice versa oddly enough.

also being addon dependent isn’t really bad unless my they’re ultra rares, the others you can get stacks of easily.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Spirit is above Billy by far. You can loop a Billy, but not a Spirit.

• hahmraro
    hahmraro Member Posts: 96

I don't respect anyone who overestimated Billy, especially by saying it's better than Spirit.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

This is my Tier List. I play normally at rank 7. Left is best, right the worst. The Freddy positioning is with Deam Pallets. Else I would put him somewhere in Mid Tier.

• Haraak
    Haraak Member Posts: 119

I think that hag is A and Ghostface is D/F

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

You should get better with LF. He isn’t F tier.

• purplerain
    purplerain Member Posts: 92

wraith is d tier , pig is way better than wraith . and myers is b tier

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Those C and D tiers though.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

I just don't understand how people put Spirit above Billy. Yes, she is a mind game GOD, but she can't be everywhere all the time with a constant one shot.

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Rank 4 survivor and rank 7 killer.

Left is best right is worst.

S: Nurse

A: Billy, Spirit

B: Huntress, Trapper, Hag, Ghostface

C: Bubba, Freddy, Legion, Wraith

D: Clown, Plague, Doctor

F: Pig

• MegMain98
    edited July 2019

@KaoMinerva Because Billy is still extremely loopable and survivors can turn him into a basic M1 killer. Pallet looping and running jungle gyms on Billy is the same as any other M1 killer. Good survivors will never allow Billy to use his chainsaw.

Spirit on the other hand can end chases quickly regardless of whether survivors are in open or at pallets/jungle gym while Billy heavily relies on survivors being in the open. During a chase you can’t tell when she is phasing or vaulting and her passive phasing can be disorienting. Just stand still at a pallet and you get an easy hit, all you gotta do is watch their movements.

Spirit can have great map pressure with the right add-ons especially double purple add-ons. She can get to the other side of the map AND recover her power super fast. Most of the time I can make it to where I wanna go pretty easily.

Billy can’t be EVERYWHERE at once. He still has to waste time charging his chainsaw and getting over to the other side of the map. Hag is the only killer that can truly be on the other side of the map in seconds. Nurse also has better map pressure than Billy.

Billy needs a one shot to be viable, Spirit does not. Just because she doesn’t have a one shot doesn’t mean she isn’t a threat.

• KaoMinerva

Spirit is very dangerous, but I can't put her over Billy. She's very formidable in certain areas, but she's not better than Billy. I've seen Marth and company run elite Spirit just like any other. Only Nurse is truly the god of the game.

Nurse

Billy

Spirit

• MegMain98

It’s a pretty debated topic of Spirit vs Billy but I don’t see how there this still an argument when one killer is easily looped and one is not. Once you get higher in ranks and get better survivors they aren’t gonna allow you to get chainsaws. You’re gonna have to play loops and pallets like any other M1 killer. Spirit similar to Nurse does not have to deal with pallet loops...if you can follow scratches and grass moving you can always get a down.

Not to mention Spirit at her strongest EASILY is better than Billy at his strongest. Double purple add-ons is WAY better than insta-saw.

I’ve seen MANY people play Spirit and easily win while struggling with Billy. Scott Jund being the one that first comes to mind.

I think even Hag can be better than Billy in certain instances.

If you think Billy is better then it is all good...we all have varying opinions.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Ayy, someone else who sees how much better Wraith got.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2019

Hag is better than Huntress currently.

LF is below Legion. At least Legion can generate SOME pressure if he can managed to get multiple survivors in Deep Wounds at once. Also Sloppy/Thana combo on him is ridiculously good.

Trapper should be top of that tier because he has very strong snowball potential off just 1 trap hit, and has a very strong basement game. He's also the only killer with no "bad" maps. They are mostly neutral or good for him. Haddonfield is a great example, he is really the only killer that can be a threat on this map because he can shut down the house loops with traps.

GF is better than Plague because he has both stealth AND a one shot. In fact I would put him right behind Myers. He is basically a Myers clone that can do both things at once. If you are aware of your surroundings and have an idea where survivors generally are you can avoid getting spotted with good positioning and crouching. You can also use it to your advantage to find survivors.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@thesuicidefox as an LF main I have to say he isn’t F tier. He is a solid B tier once you learn his chainsaw.

• MegMain98
    edited July 2019

@thesuicidefox I understand why you’d put Ghostface above Plague but I honestly put Plague above both GF and Myers. She has a constant instadown if survivors don’t cleanse and if they DO happen to cleanse then her ranged attack will more than likely down a survivor. I’ve downed an entire team with one Corrupt Purge. I dunno...maybe I’m a little bias because I think the stalky brothers are a bore to play but I have most luck with Plague.

I would also say Hag has no bad maps for her as well. She has way better map pressure than Trapper and Haddonfield does not completely destroy her like all other killers not named Trapper.

I would say Nurse but Lery’s kinda hurts her. It’s Nurse though and if you’re good she really doesn’t care about what map she gets.

• thesuicidefox

The thing is she is tall AF and has 0 stealth capabilities. Stealth killers can actually be very effective. Plague has no map pressure with her power, and being one shot the entire game doesn't mean much if they see you coming a mile away. Myers/GF on the other hand can actually get close to you, and GF in particular can both one shot AND get close to you.

Plague is potentially very high tier because of Corrupt Purge. However, due to the fact survivors can just flat out deny her this power and the fact she has nothing else going for her I don't think she's all that great. Just too easy to counter and avoid.

Hag definitely has bad maps, specifically Coldwind maps. Being short means it's easy to lose survivors in the corn even if you are a good tracker. I'm the kind of player that is usually not cornblind but when I play Hag it's a different story. In theory she can be strong on these maps, but the corn messes with that theory. And she can shut down loops on Haddonfield or Badham, but not nearly as well as the Trapper. But after Trapper and Spirit I'd say Hag is the third least map dependent killer.

• thesuicidefox

LF can be effective, but a tier list is a ranking of strongest to weakest. It's something where you compare one character to another and see which is superior. In that context, LF is below every other killer in the game because he lacks many of the tools they do.

• MegMain98

@thesuicidefox A lot of killers have to deal with being extremely tall, being heard from a mile away, and having no map pressure. Clown, Leatherface, and Huntress come to mind. Immersed survivors are their worst nightmare which is why I like playing Spirit and Hag.

I usually run M&A on Plague so it gives me a little more leeway to find survivors. I also like the fact that because she is so tall I’m not as cornblind.

Survivors denying her power doesn’t really make her weak, just makes gameplay boring. There needs to be SOME initiative to cleanse like an action speed debuff or a mending timer if broken for too long. If survivors cleanse and Plague is able to use her Corrupt Purge then she is easily right under Huntress on the tier list.

Myers and Ghostface are the only effective stealth killers from their base kit. Wraith is nowhere near as good as those two. The “stealth killers” are relatively weak compared to the top tier killers.

I honestly forgot about Coldwind maps. Hag is short AF and I get lost easily. The only good thing is that survivors can also lose track of Hag because she is so short. I’ve moonwalked on many short structures and gotten downs because Hag is so tiny.

• BloodMoneyMerc
    BloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 477

I'm actually quite good with Leatherface because he's one of my most played killers. But I know how underwhelming his power is without a good speed or charge add-on.

• BloodMoneyMerc

My thing with Wraith is his add-on capabilities put him there. I've took time to learn each killer (not so much with Nurse because I'm not good with her). And for me, I learned that Wraith has way more potential than people give him credit for. The thing with most of D tier is they are rather counterable like Wraith, but unlike Wraith they are not versatile in their playstyle.

• BloodMoneyMerc

And to anyone who was wondering my ranks (prior to reset): Survivor Rank 3 and Killer Rank 9.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

Clown is the worst killer in the game and should be at the very bottom

• KaoMinerva

I still have to disagree bro. I know spirit is a beast, but I can't put her above Billy. I used to play at R1 all the time. I'd get destroyed at times, but mostly I was terrorizing survivors with Billy. I mostly stay between R15-R5 now. Better ques and a few potatoes to farm for EZ BP LOL!

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077

Why do people always say hags speed is a hinderance? She’s better than Huntress BTW.

• BloodMoneyMerc

@Acesthetiic only reason hag is below huntress is because of flashlights being such a weakness. Plus huntress's lullaby buff recently definitely pushed her above hag.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

you underestimate Trapsy.

i mean... he can literally wipe out the entire team at once.

• Acesthetiic
    Acesthetiic Member Posts: 1,077
    edited July 2019

@BloodMoneyMerc A lot of loops hurt Huntress, which stops her momentum. And I don’t know about everyone else, but flashlights aren’t THAT powerful against hag. Just make adjustments and use intuition. Smart traps. Traps by hooks, pallets and gens (don’t think any smart player would trap at most gens) is when survivors use their flashlights. So make adjustments.

EDIT: Added more detail.

• MegMain98

@BloodMoneyMerc Hag and Huntress used to be interchangeable but nowadays Huntress is WAY too map reliant. Autohaven and MacMillan are her only good maps. She sucks on a majority of the maps in the game. She can’t do many long range shots because there is way too much debris in the way or the map is WAY too big and she is way too slow. She can still easily get looped over most loops.

Hag on the other hand can shut down loops, have insane map control, and have the best snowball effect in the game. Hag’s only bad maps are Coldwind, other than that she can play well on any map. Hag is so much more versatile.

• BloodMoneyMerc

@Mister_xD Trapper definitely has potential, but a good team can shut him down and render his traps useless. And his power is such a waste of time when you have to travel out of your way to get a single trap.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    edited July 2019

I disagree on Pig. That's all I have to say at the moment.