pig mains, a simple debate

Amanda's letter... yes i know some of you out there have shuddered just by reading those words. but Amanda's letter... good or not good? i personally think its horrible. it gets rid of the better half of her power to slightly boost the other half. the power of the pig is slowing games down long enough to work in her favor, but with only one trap and two boxes, thats not possible to do. however, some argue that Amanda's letter is good for doing loops, which i can understand. buuut i feel like its a bit more of a crutch than a necessity. ive seen pigs do the crouch and ambush around loops without the add on. but, im not a season veteran at this game, so what do you other piggies think out there? and as a bonus, what do you think about her other ultra rare, Rules set no. 2? i think its... ok, but not ultra rare worthy.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Not a pig main but my opinion is that it just depends on the map. On certain maps Letter is god tier on others its #########.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited August 2019

Not good except on, like, two maps. Either remove the downsides or add enough upside to make it worth losing nearly all of your stall potential.

As for Rules Set No. 2, I don't think it's worth being an add-on. I agree with the people that believe it should be base kit.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

I get 4k most games when I use the Letter.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

bad, hurts her more than it helps her, all these downsides just for a little aura reveal is not worth it

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

It's not great, but it can be in certain situations, like the old red paintbrush Freddy, where you were slower, but had no TR.

• Akuma
    Akuma Member Posts: 407

So for you I tried it out. Im njot a pig main but Im playing a lot since her speed curve got polished.

It's really diabolic. I didnt need the traps or sth. Paired with her stealth ability, monitor&whispers you have so much fun.

And the good thing is: the aura reading starts when ya fully crouched and not when your TR is fully hidden.

I will run it some more trials to see how good they are.

• SpyMature
    SpyMature Member Posts: 204

Yeah, Amanda's Letter is absolutely horrible, it actually hinders you more than it help.

A good fix would be perhaps making it so your ambush lunge lasts longer or something, or remove the decreased amount of traps so it would atleast stop hindering you so much.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

Bad. In order to use the aura reading you have to crouch which slows you a lot. If you're using it effectively and crouching only when closing in on someone, then you already know where they are. It also means you aren't using either combat straps or video tape, which means your ambush has way too much warning or crouch/uncrouch is sluggish.

That aside, you're losing almost all your ability to stall out a match. One trap, guaranteed to be removed if you don't camp the boxes for 2 and a half mins.

She doesn't have enough strength in JUST her crouch to justify the multitude of downsides it comes with.

And then you have Wraith who moves faster than base speed while cloaked, and gets the same effect with 0 downside, at a lower rarity.

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Amanda's Letter just as bad as scratched mirror. Usually bad, but has it's niche that killer players use it for. Easily could be a purple add-on, like scratched mirror is.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

This add-on is very bad on every map besides Lery's and The Game, but even there it isn't amazing. Even without downsides, this add-on would still be rather weak for a ultra rare, but such major downsides makes this add-on one of the worst ultra rares in the game. So don't use it unless you have a Lery's or The Game map offering.

• Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

I would like a rework of pig add ons.

For example, an add on that makes the obsession begin with a trap in the head (such as starting asleep with Freddy), more difficult skill checks in the puzzle boxes, reduction of repair speed if you have a trap, etc.

I think the addons of the pig besides being quite boring are quite improvable

(sorry for my English)

• Aceonfire
    Aceonfire Member Posts: 304

This add-on only works(and given, works extremely well) once you are very familiar with the structures and understand how mind-games work around them and pallets, or against very bad survivor's on a killer friendly map.

I don't think an Ultra-Rare should have that many conditions needed to be powerful.

@Almo exactly my point..well yah, your a dev. you probably helped build or have vast insight of the structures and know them intimately. Of course you'll 4k most times.....Since your perk classification scheme (ultra-rare, rare etc.) has literally NOTHING to do with how common they are, maybe change the scheme to how difficult they are to use......

• Mookywolf
    Mookywolf Member Posts: 907

thats actually a really nice idea for an add on. another ultra rare i think could be the traps start once a survivor is able to move again, with maybe slightly increased timer. maybe

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

I find it to be similar to Scratched Mirror Myers. It has extremely good potential on certain maps and barely no use to others.

I do not consider it strong enough to be an ultra-rare however.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,340

Stumbled across this of someone using it on the preschool to quite abit of success.