Ultra rare perks

Aladeen
Aladeen Member Posts: 22
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Hi guys. I want to ask ALL of you if you want to see Ultra rare perks (pink color) again. If yes, write a comment.
Btw, Ultra rare perks were removed from game and were changed to Very rare perks (purple color), because Devs were lazy to fix one bug that prevented you to get ultra rare perks to show up in the bloodweb until you unlock all the other tiers.

Comments

• yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

Yasss

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 985
    Nice way to make it so no one can disagree with you. Lmao
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Yes.
    When they do fix how the game treats rarity.
    Cause everything falls in 1 category. Aka 1st what rarity this bloodweb joint will be, Then it decides what it will be (aka item, perk etc)

• xP3nnyWize
    xP3nnyWize Member Posts: 282

I miss the pink color too, hopfully they can change that eventually.

• yes

@xP3nnyWize said:

Unfortunately, I never got to experience ultra rare perks. I'm an xbox player so.. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

I miss both brown & red.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Yes

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Pardon my ignorance, but colour aside, what's the fuss?

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I didn't know this was a thing, looking at the Bloodweb it makes sense so I'm not surprised to see it used to be that way. Hell yeah bring it back

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

What @Peanits said is something I agree with and I think having them all one color would be nice.

• Boss

@Peanits said:
    At one point, I would have been all for it. But these days that would just mean that some perks cost more bloodpoints in the bloodweb, since cost is tied to rarity.

Personally I'd rather see all perks standardized though. Rather than having some max out at rare and others at very rare, I'd rather see all perks follow the same Uncommon > Rare > Very rare rarity, making it instantly recognizable what tier a perk is without looking at the little pips on it. I still find it a little odd how some perks stay rare forever, as if they're just not as good as others.

It'd be a boring menu, that's for sure.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

@Boss said:

@Peanits said:
    At one point, I would have been all for it. But these days that would just mean that some perks cost more bloodpoints in the bloodweb, since cost is tied to rarity.

Personally I'd rather see all perks standardized though. Rather than having some max out at rare and others at very rare, I'd rather see all perks follow the same Uncommon > Rare > Very rare rarity, making it instantly recognizable what tier a perk is without looking at the little pips on it. I still find it a little odd how some perks stay rare forever, as if they're just not as good as others.

Yeah, that would be a shame. Some of my fondest memories are of going through my perk inventory and looking at all the different colours. It was the highlight of my day. But sacrifices must be made.

I'm just joking please don't eat me.

• Boss

@Peanits said:

@Boss said:

@Peanits said:

Yeah, that would be a shame. Some of my fondest memories are of going through my perk inventory and looking at all the different colours. It was the highlight of my day. But sacrifices must be made.

I'm just joking please don't eat me.

I hope they would just replace the rarity colors with whatever colors they want for the background.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Peanits said:

But we all just want the pink colour tho, they could easy just change all colours to pink and the whole community would be satisfied 
  • Boss

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    Peanits said:

But we all just want the pink colour tho, they could easy just change all colours to pink and the whole community would be satisfied 

Maybe they can make it so you can apply your own background colors for Perks with some RGB settings.

• xP3nnyWize
    xP3nnyWize Member Posts: 282

@yes said:

@xP3nnyWize said:

Unfortunately, I never got to experience ultra rare perks. I'm an xbox player so.. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Ooof i'm sorry my friend

• yes

@xP3nnyWize said:

@yes said:

@xP3nnyWize said:

Ooof i'm sorry my friend

lmao its cool

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

i like to see different colours all the time i see its purple green yellow etc i want to see more colour like dark blue etc

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

Let people change perk colors to what they want so you could have perks you hate as red because they just make you mad.

The ones that make you happy are green because reasons and the ones that you're indifferent to could be grey.

That way everyone's happy, the savage beasts are tamed=profit.

• Aladeen

Ok guys, it's sad that I got attention in december but still. It was just like this: With Patch 1.5.0, those Perks got augmented/decreased by one rarity respectively to fix an error in Perk distribution introduced in Patch 1.4.1, which caused the Bloodweb to spawn Perks in order of rarity, making it near impossible to obtain Tier II and Tier III Perks unless you unlocked all lower Tier ones first. So Devs couldn't fix it I think so they rather removed common (brown) and ultra rare (pink) perks, which is bad I think. It was more colored and players could feel that they're making bigger progress within their perks.

• Aladeen

For anyone that doesn't know what am talking about: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Perks#Old_Rarity_Levels_.26_Classes
    Yes, some of the text was taken from the wiki.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

@Aladeen said:
    Ok guys, it's sad that I got attention in december but still. It was just like this: With Patch 1.5.0, those Perks got augmented/decreased by one rarity respectively to fix an error in Perk distribution introduced in Patch 1.4.1, which caused the Bloodweb to spawn Perks in order of rarity, making it near impossible to obtain Tier II and Tier III Perks unless you unlocked all lower Tier ones first. So Devs couldn't fix it I think so they rather removed common (brown) and ultra rare (pink) perks, which is bad I think. It was more colored and players could feel that they're making bigger progress within their perks.

That hardly sounds like an issue worth fixing, even if this was a band-aid fix to begin with.

• Aladeen

@TAG said:

@Aladeen said:

That hardly sounds like an issue worth fixing, even if this was a band-aid fix to begin with.

Now u're getting it!

• TAG

@Aladeen said:

@TAG said:

@Aladeen said:

Now u're getting it!

I'm saying it is not worth fixing.

• Aladeen

@TAG said:

@Aladeen said:

@TAG said:

@Aladeen said:

Now u're getting it!

I'm saying it is not worth fixing.

You tricked me, cause you got me to thinking you said the opposite nvm it's fine.

• sanki
    sanki Member Posts: 261

And now ,I'v posted this on wishlist again.sry for do that again,but I really really like those colorful squares, especially pink squares.Just can't agree you more.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@Peanits

I'd rather have them go Rare to Ultra Rare then, considering that Perks enhance a Character's ability or add them in the first place. The colours are also nicer.

• sanki

IT seems that the colour not depends on the perk's strength.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

I greatly support this idea, and opened an official petition some months ago: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/28110/about-restoring-the-5-level-rarity-system-for-perks

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 315

I would add them but only gettable on prestige characters

• sanki

is that work? I mean that are the developers work with this idear now?

• Entità
    edited June 2019

@sanki Many people desire the old 5-level rarity system is reinstated for all perks. :) Give your comment there, if you like it, please.

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121

@Peanits majority of people who want ultra rare want it for one reason: the colour. So it should quite possible for the devs to give us the colour but keep the BP prize low. This would be an exception, just for perks.

• TAG
    edited June 2019

Still not worth it IMO.

• Entità

@prof_teabagger I want the old system for many reasons, explained in my petition: one of them is that NOED cannot have the same rarity of Monstrous Shrine, it's insane... The Bloodweb grind should be revised very soon: 1,000 more BP would not be an issue, in my opinion, if every Bloodweb gave, at high levels, more than one perk...

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Better idea, let's make a new type of perk that will have ultra rare quality like obsessin perks but different. Some new extreme effects or even new mechanics.

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121

Yeah, rarity should be go hand in hand with power/tier and it's quite funny how certain perks who are very good like iron will, Spirit fury, enduring or bamboozle are green.

• Yohan
    Yohan Member Posts: 172

So are we going to see them more because they're not ultra rare anymore?

@Peanits