Has anyone started playing without Ruin?

13»

Comments

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

Ruin is essential. Those who are saying that it only buys you a little time are correct, but every second matters against a competent team.

• Schmiddy21
    Schmiddy21 Member Posts: 52

Honestly it's garbage. I just skill check through it. It's little more than an annoyance just to slug the game. Like thano/dying light/ruin/sloppy butcher build. I usually just replace it with something more useful.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Anybody can play without Hex: Ruin, thats not the right question to ask. But can you win or have fun ?

I'd feel much more confident not bringing Ruin if I didn't have an unhealthy attraction toward low tier killers and some of the maps where not so survivors sided to a sickneing degree.

• FluorescentLemon
    FluorescentLemon Member Posts: 257

I bring Ruin most of the time. I get dunked on otherwise.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

For a long while I rarely used ruin and reach rank 7 and sit back and forth with 6 and 7 sometimes hit 5 then back to 6 then 7 but I didn't use survivor often, after which I learn the strongest builds for killers, ruin as a huge part, it's a free overcharge randomly but without the explosion, especially when it hits people rapidly, as a survivor I had 5 skill checks 5 seconds between each other and God damn was that annoying, bulked my killer to bounce in rank 3 and 4 until I learnt mega combo perks that make ruin more annoying and then just being a survivor depressing, I put the 2 main builds up somewhere one being pretty free for any add on for killers not changing too much except chases and another that can and has been a nightmare that either leaves you just dying or if lucky and quick enough laughing but more on the dying side, one is all hexes, one sort of pushing you to get fixed, another making that a real need for getting fixed or just die, another that is in 2 places that could give you the worst 60 seconds of the entire game, and another telling killer that you are trying to solve the initial problem, 5 lit totems baby and 1 does nearly nothing to benefit survivors, 2 that means death 2 that will save your life, and my favourite build ever, super rare I lose with it

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236

Used to never use Ruin and call players who use it crappy killers , however after the recent nerfs to Thanatophobia , Dying light .

I'm finding 4Ks are almost impossible at red Ranks even if i perform so well and play fairly without camping / Tunneling .

I only get 2k or 3k Max . Which is bad in my eyes .

Games without Ruin . Finish pretty fast . And I know I'm not that bad ... comparing how i used to perform before Thana / Dying light nerfs .

And how it is now after the nerfs . I find myself sometimes forced to Use Ruin and forced to Camp / Tunnel if it spawns in the middle of the corn field and worse if survivors spawn near it and cleanse it at the start of the game .

Then I'm Tunneling / camping the hell out of them . Otherwise it's a pretty bad lose .

Which i never played that way before because it's unfair .

Now the best Build for me on Doc .

Overcharge . Which i want to replace with Pop once i get it on him.

Thanatophobia

Dying light

And Hex Ruin . Even if it doesn't last long . And it works best on Doc cause Even if i am not so close I can protect it from distance with shocking them .

As soon as I feel pretty much dominated the match . And they were just so frustrated I'd let them fix and escape . Sometimes giving them false hope .

Making them fix a little and then shredding them at the last moment 😂

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

Don't see it as a reward for losing, see it as a way survivors still has an intense moment of gameplay as once gates are powered that's normally when it truly ends cause health states, and it can be easily stopped anyways, I don't use it but it definitely keeps the intense feel alive at high ranks, without it gates power up and it's just too easy from that point

• Zixology
    Zixology Member Posts: 1,062

Wraith main, I don't use Ruin in Purple/Red ranks.

Enduring. Brutal Strength, Spirit Fury, BBQ are all I need. Simple and efficient.

• Stealthbomb95
    Stealthbomb95 Member Posts: 37

I'm not a ruin player...cuz I don't have the perk buuuuuttt my friend plays with ruin so the differences are that finding survivors is easier and the game is slowed a bit and without ruin the game might go by fast tool boxes prove thyself ect ect. but one main difference is that you don't need to slow yourself down by checking your totem every 4 seconds.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

I never use ruin. Just a waste.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

I don't hear a random explosion at the start of the game, and I get an extra perk slot

Jokes aside (that wasn't all that much of a joke though) I just hate hex and obsession perks. Anything that can be lost or destroyed or requires extra special attention/effort is just not for me. I like perks that stick with me all game and can't be affected by survivors

• SmellyCat
    SmellyCat Member Posts: 46

I sometimes use it, but rarely.

Basicly more players (under 8th rank) have started to just do gens instead of walking around looking for it. It doesn't pusnish so much

In mid- high elo no one really cares about it

As a killer you could have some other perks that are really stronger, i'm not gonna say anything less because we have spies around!! haha

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982

Let's be real: Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, and Dead Hard all reward the player for screwing up, and they're all meta survivor perks. Borrowed Time rewards you for unhooking in front of the killer (When that's normally an incredibly stupid play), Decisive Strike rewards you for getting caught repeatedly, and Dead Hard rewards you for being injured.

A crutch perk would be a perk that can help you ascend through the lower ranks, but becomes completely useless at the highest skill level, when that's not the case for any of the so-called "crutch" perks. I really wish people would stop using the "crutch" label to describe any perk that happens to be meta.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129
    edited November 2019

If it’s not ruin it’s NOED

• 2Khours
    2Khours Member Posts: 158

I use ruin on trapper and hag, simply because I NEED to place traps in order to be able to get survivors, it's to give me the time to do it before 2 gens are done and THEN start looking for survivors, not because of the rush, just to be able to use my power,

I use it on ghostface and clown, ghostface is only because exposing anyone could be hard at times, but if you play your cards right you can easily detroy the survivors, and clown I use it because I think he sucks, I don't use it on wraith (even if he's on the low tier)

not on doctor, more like a impossible skillcheck build

yes on leatherface because he sucks ass,

spirit, nurse, billy, amanda, huntress, legion (anti heal and slow gen), myers, plague, freddy and demo, I don't use it,

I am always at red ranks as a killer, usually always rank 1, I don't need ruin because I am a good killer, I use it on those I know it will be troublesome without it, any other one I don't, I consider it a luxury as a survivors to not deal with ruin in the red ranks,

ruin is needed for many, but for really good killers, you most of the time don't need it if you know what you are doing.

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

i dont have ruin and im forced to play legion with no ruin. so im sad

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

NOED is a stopgap in the event the Survivors do the gens too fast and ignore the totems. The Killer is not rewarded for playing badly. The Survivors are punished for ignoring a secondary objective.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

IT depends upon how a person plays WITH ruin. Most of the time. the GOOD teams can work around it. Because they can land those skill checks with LOTS of good practice. So then ruin becomes USELESS. As it really is only just another perk that relies on SKill Checks. Just like DS. I can NEVER hit DS very well.

I am a VERY lazy killer and run it up until 10. WHen I chose to work hard for the matches. After 10. Its USELESS. Just like BBQ is at that level.

I learned NOT to ever use BBQ, Because it doesn't make me a better killer against SWF.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

I use Ruin depending on the killer and the rest of my perks/add ons.

I mean Myers for example, and if I don’t have add ons that allow me to stalk faster than normal, I’ll throw on Ruin. He is very slow at the start to it buys me some time, and also helps me find survivors to stalk because they will most likely look for Ruin and I’ll stand only bump into them. 😂

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281

I've always played without Ruin and always will play without it. When i play survivor it's always the same *sigh* ruin again. It's just annoying. So why would i use something that i find annoying to play against? Besides there are perks which help you more with chases or gen regression and stuff than ruin.