The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What was the stupidest reason players reported you for?

I'm just curious. :)

I had a few situations where people reported me for stupid reasons. These are the best 2 I got (I can't decide which is the stupidest one).

1. Reported for Stream Sniping, while the t.tv was offline. I played infinite EWIII Myers on Lèry's, they fed me my Tier 3 with 0 gens done, so I decided to "Play with my Food" (we all want BP). I found them with Infectious, but they were complaining that I "found them without BBQ" and that I "had no skill with my infinite tier 3" so I had to stream snipe. That guy was offline and had 1 follower.

2. Reported for "being toxic" and for "trash talking". I was playing Spirit (rank 10) with Gen Grabber Build on the swamp. Had problems with map pressure because of always crouching survivors (2x rank 16 with 200hrs) who I did not find. I hooked everyone at least one time but I was not sure if someone was on death hook when the exit gate was opened (2 claudettes looking the same). I downed one near the exit and then the others swarmed me. I knew they would try to bodyblock me at the hook so I tried to fake the pickup or phasing so I could injure them and make them leave. I also waited one time that they picked her up again to down her one more time to be sure. When they were gone I hooked her and secured my only kill.

They said in chat that I was tunneling (I was not. Running into me is not tunneling) and they would all report me for being toxic and that I should enjoy my ban for unsportsmanship (I did not bodyblock, Mori-spam etc). They did not tell me which of my actions they considered toxic (I guess the part where I wanted that kill) but told me, that they had me reported on Steam for "trash talking" too (wait, what? XD). The guy wo died even commented on one of my artworks (he said things to try to make me jealous) because my comment section is for friends only.

Comments

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I got once reported for "bodyblocking", when I found a claudette in one of the shower rooms in the doctor map and killed her with a chainsaw.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

@BenZ0 I guess this was a newer player. Or a salty red rank who was just pissed he made that stupid mistake.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I was reported by a Bubba for "speedhacking". Apparently whenever he caught up to me I managed to sprint away from him and he never managed to catch me and he was sure I was faster than other survivors.

Never catch me = I looped him for a while

Sprint Away once he caught up to me = Clutch Adrenaline

Faster than other survivors = In the end game I had Hope.

Was also once reported by a Spirit for "walk exploiting". Apparently it's an exploit to stop running and start walking while a Spirit is phasing, so she can't track your scratchmarks.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,162

@CakeDuty I love these guys who can't read. I mean, there are all perks listed in the after game screen.

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited October 2019

I was called a coward and supposedly reported for escaping the match whilst leaving another survivor on the hook.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • rd_dex
    rd_dex Member Posts: 253
    edited October 2019

Played Wraith got Devour Hope to 5 killed all survivors and Claudette said after the match: "Reported." I never laughed harder in my life.

Also reported multiple times for wallhacking while using BBQ, I assume they were new so it's funny.

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869

I was accused of speedhacking by a survivor who I never even could hit during the game.

Another was walhacking. When I caught a Dwight in a locker after I hit another survivor with Frenzy.

People should play both sides to see what others see.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

As Survivor, I ended up in the same lobby as the streamer I was watching at the time, who was playing Killer.

The entire team got whipped except for me, who escaped through the hatch.

Immediately as the game ended I said ‘gg [streamer name]’ and somebody else said that they reported me for working with the Killer, and the streamer as well.

There was absolutely no evidence that I was working with the streamer, or even stream sniping - I told her in her stream chat ‘I’m in your lobby, gonna pause the stream so I don’t snipe, good luck’. I may have led her to another Survivor by accident, but that’s just what happens when you don’t have Bond or know where the others are lmao.

I actually made a post about it voicing my concern and was told that I wouldn’t be banned since there’s no evidence on it. I think the forum-goers on my post actually said they checked out her stream playback to make sure if it, but I’m not entirely sure. With there being no evidence of wrongdoing I was completely fine.

That was mid-late last year some time. You can probably go back through my post history a bit to find the very post.

• AokiiSenpaii
    AokiiSenpaii Member Posts: 91

Using The Legion perk "Mad Grit"

I slashed towards a hook after picking someone up and they said I had no cooldown so I must be hacking.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited October 2019

So this "issue" happened tonight actually

I got reported (At least I think I did) because I was being a "selfish Claudette" and I was "playing like an immersed Survivor" it's another story, but in the end the Nea (Of course it's a Nea...) stayed at the gate to "wait for me" when the whole team knew she was just trolling so i'd die at the end when I was at the hatch...

Apparently while helping others, it's selfish to want the hatch when the entire team escaped already...

Meanwhile I was working towards the Wounded Healer achievement (Which I got tonight...) and in that achievement I actively need to go heal others and rescue them while i'm injured with NO MITHER!!!

repeat, I heal others while using no mither... "selfish"

Anyways, I don't see why I'd get reported for being seflish, when i'm using the most selfless build you could think of while risking getting one hit lmao... All while doing generators to help my fellow Survivors and even looping the Killer for a fair bit...

btw

I edited what she was saying because what she was ACTUALLY saying was a lot more insulting, as well as other things... that're distasteful and in-general isn't allowed to be re-said on the forums :)

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

I've told i've been reported for camping/tunnelling which 1 isn't reportable and 2 wasn't even doing it.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Double Traping as Piggy

• dbizzle
    dbizzle Member Posts: 96

reported for blocking cause 3 survivors ran in the same direction at the same time

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Never been reported for that despite causing a 4 survivor pile up.

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 314

Using franklyn's demise when they had 2 keys and purple toolbox and torch

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Get reported for being too good

• UlvenDagoth
    UlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Same. If i have been reported in game, I haven't noticed. Likely someone thought i was camping when I had someone in my gen patrol. I have been told to kill myself for playing Legion though.

• AkiTheKitten
    AkiTheKitten Member Posts: 670

I got reported for aimbot as Huntress, on PS4 :/

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I got reported for stacking mist offerings with my friends and bringing a flashlight, even though I didn’t ever use it because they basement-camped as Leatherface.

They claimed that I was playing “unfair”, but that’s what offerings are for!

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I kept 360ing a billy's chainsaw. They said I was teleporting and reported me.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

For existing.

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121

Not counting all the instances where I’ve been reported for a perk, looping, teabagging, genrushing, farming (as killer), camping or tunneling, best ones for me are as follows:

Killer: finding someone who had been hiding in a locker who also had two crows. I heard them after hooking someone less than 10 meters away. Apparently I was cheating for using my ears.

Survivor: I have been reported on several occasions for making no attempt to save versus an insidious Leatherface or a killer waiting to one-hit whoever comes over for the save first. I’m altruistic when it makes sense to be altruistic, not when people want me to be altruistic, potentially getting one or more of us killed. From my perspective, if it costs you a hook state, so be it, it’s better than screwing the rest of the team just because you want saved at a bad time just to save yourself a hook state.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Rank reset.

I ran Iron Grasp, Agitation and Mad Grit. Whoever handles the reports, I am sorry for what I've caused lol

• Kralle
    Kralle Member Posts: 121

An ultra altruistic SWF team reported me because i downed someone and hooked him. And after that all 3 rushed the hook and in 1 chainsaw charge i downed them all.

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443

I got reported because the killer gave me the hatch at the end of the game.

It was a normal game, I did nothing to upset anyone, just did the objective and save unhooks. At the end, everyone got killed by a trapper. I was the last one and he carried me to the hatch and let me escape. The other survivors (2 or 3 sfw I guess) were so salty about that, they reported me for that.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I got reported for EGC abuse because I abused EGC by using BW to block them all in and kill them all via it. Quite funny watching the people yell at me for that...

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited October 2019

I haven't had anyone say they would report me for a long time.

I do remember one time I was carrying someone to the hook and saw an injured Jake running in the distance. I went over in the direction afterwards and saw some blood which led me to hearing them behind a wall. I quickly downed then and they died on hook. After the match they acused me of using a wall hack and I was going to be reported.

I explained how I found them and we chatted for a bit and it came to light that they didn't play with a headset and didn't realise how good it was. They went on to say they were going to order one that day.

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328
    edited October 2019

I got reported for cheating when I heard someone healing right next to me when I was playing killer...

Guess some people are really stupid to make healing noises when the killer is near you...

Fun thing was, he was the highest ranked player in the lobby. Oh, and he DC'd as well right when I downed him.

• 8obot1c
    8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

Wasn't ever reported (At least I don't think I was) but if there was any reason it could have been the one time I insidious camped as plague, but I don't know maybe I was reported for camping in general XD

• HermanTheDoctor
    HermanTheDoctor Member Posts: 212

Hooking him xD

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 390

I know your feelings.. A toxic killer reported me for "looping"

• xRem
    xRem Member Posts: 375

Stream sniping because a person that just got off hook runs up to me and let's me down them so I dont pick them up, I only knew they had ds because I'm a sniper.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112

”hitting through generators”

one particular lad played against me a few times, and every end game chat he reported me for “throwing hatchets through generators.”

ive told him every single time, I can hit you over a generator, especially as you’re working on it because hit boxes don’t change when you’re actively repairing a gen.

doesn't matter, he insists that I’m hacking. Even offered me a follow on my twitch if I stopped throwing through gens, pretty funny.

also wall hacks, but that’s because I run bitter murmur, bbq and chili, and I’m all ears. They’re wallhacks that are allowed ;)

• OswinOsgood
    OswinOsgood Member Posts: 184

For playing the game as spirit... thats it... just playing spirit i guess in survivors mind because they have to think against her shes OP and i should be banned for using her xD

• Shura37
    Shura37 Member Posts: 59

Not saying the aimbot report was at all justified, but all I'm saying is sometimes (On PS4) those hatchets hit when they definitely SHOULD NOT lol

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

I've been reported countless times for camping and tunneling, cuz you know, their enjoyment is more important than my own obv. But easily the most idiotic piece of salt I got was when somebody reported me for using my fav build SlugMaster Piggy because obviously slugging is a form of holding the game hostage XD

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Breaking pallets because it's apparently the Survivors only defense.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

There was NOED and all my other teammates went down in 5 seconds. I opened the door and left and someone reported me for not saving them 😂

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Hitting a survivor who had a RBT in while in my face. Was chasing someone else and as a Meg ran into the corner I saw them not moving so I quickly grabbed and hooked them. They DC and reported me lmao.

As Spirit had Nurses calling and downed two healing Claudette's who were being behind a rock. Clearly I was Aura hacking.

As Pig with the new Hawkins map I had the entire SWF DC because I was running blindness traps and knockout. It was apparently a unintentional game exploit and they reported me for it.

Playing Freddy I got a 4 man SWF who apparently didnt try because they just had a Freddy match and got mad when I wouldn't follow them into infinite loops. Apparently it was reported for bullying weaker people.

Myers reported because of INF tombstone hacking and speed hacking. David fed my PWYF and I was attempting a trophy.

• Davide
    Davide Member Posts: 32

Reported by a guy because I killed him but ... he had party streamers!!!

Also reported for killing all survivors too much fast.

• liarcy
    liarcy Member Posts: 160

There’s this team that I destroyed with plague and this one guy who dc’ed then told me that I’m broke and I don’t have money to buy skins for plague then told me that he’s reporting me

I was laughing for a while

• Triggered55
    Triggered55 Member Posts: 24

So i was having a bad match as Doctor, I wasn't doing very good. I finally downed someone and then the gens were all finished. (Keep in mind that this was before EGC)

I hooked the survivor and knew that the others would come for him (i never camp but in this case i had to). One by one the survivors tried to get him, and eventually I had downed all of the other survivors and hooked them all. I ended up with a 4k when i really only deserved one.

I was shortly after reported (for camping and "hacking") and messaged, one guy saying, "First your mother, then you. I will find you"

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    edited October 2019

The nurse had troubles blinking properly in the upstairs area so I used it against them when I found out and got reported for "using the upstairs".

Edit: This was in the asylum btw

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356

I once used wraith add on see behind walls , and got reported by all 4 survivors who were rank 12 - 11 ..

this is why you gotta love rank reset.

its literally a killer sided ranks. all the survivors or most of them have no idea what the f is going on lmao

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

I got reported for "you"

What does you even mean?

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

I got reported for placing beartrap between a palette in high grass. the hatch was right behind it and the last SV stepped right in 😅. that‘s a forbidden usage and also cheating 🤷‍♂️

a whole swf reported me because i knew where they were at all times with plague. i had the addon that shows their aura when they puke. that‘s cheating.

another one reported me because he got morid with devour hope. that was toxic and tunneling.

survivors report you for all kinds stuff, that‘s against their rulebook 😅🤷‍♂️

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887
    edited October 2019

Reported for holding the game hostage because I kept chasing survivors away from my ruin totem.