So I guess just f**k the casual players, huh?

I saw the dude who posted the tier 4 challenges for the archives, how are you supposed to do this short of not having a job or living a normal life?

Comments

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,096

I saw some "Sacrifice all 4 Survivors in the basement in one match" That is ridiculous.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I guess you would need to play cheap and run specific perks (ie noed, agitation, infectious fright, etc). It would be nice if we could reroll the challenges for something not necceasrily easier, but different. Like how we can swap out one daily challenge per day.

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694
    edited October 2019

I can kind of see their point though, you want something for the casuals but also something for the hardcore players. I dont consider myself a hardcore player but i dont mind some content thats essentially exclusive for hardcore players.

For all the people that consider themselves hardcore would you consider the challenge of sacrificing all 4 in the basement in 1 match good or is that too much/toxic?

• Nova_Terra
    Nova_Terra Member Posts: 123

People love to pull out the "Oh its not hard to kill 4 people in the basement" BS when this is brought up.

1) You have to be a complete ass to do it cus theres no way youre doing it without being a cheap killer.

2) No one brings up do 4 generators with dark sense which is virtually impossible alone. Or save 3 people in one EGC

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Not hardcore. At least wouldn't call myself that.

But it's not bad.

Iron grip +agitation means you will probably get them to the basement. Then it's just a matter of people not DC'ing

Getting lucky.

Seriously, some of these are so rng it's ridiculous.

Even with swf it would be hard.

But that applies for both casuals and "hardcores", ont just has more time to try than the other.

But you don't need to complete the challenges, they are optional

• Nekoo
    Nekoo Member Posts: 133

that's why they put them on the 4TH PAGE, the last page,

it is supposed to be challenging towards the end.

for a casual player you can still finish most of the archive with ease.

Or do you want to have 4 pages of "finish x generators" missions?

Isn't it boring to not have any challenge at all?

If so what is the point of even introducing archive, just give us the damn reward.

• Sickerton
    Sickerton Member Posts: 77

This is why I wasn't too happy at the "Beating the Rift refunds your investment" bit. Because that actually means "We are going to do everything in our earthly power to make sure you cannot beat this".

• Jed_Olsen
    Jed_Olsen Member Posts: 256

They should really up it to two rift fragments every 800xp. This could be the first battle pass in history where people struggle to complete

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

It wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't directly tied to rift progression rates.

The challenges never leave so you have forever to do these and get the lore but they rift does leave.

If you play 1 hour a day and can't get 4 gens done on your own in 1 match you made little progress that day only getting part of 1 tier because you didn't beat a challenge.

• Entity_Burger
    Entity_Burger Member Posts: 126

Yeah. I'm casual, and I love lore in games, so screw me.

But I get why; Rift grinding is slow without the bonus Shards from doing Challenges, and they don't want you getting all those free shards when you could BUY SKIPS if the Rift grind has you down!

I mean, it's just 'encouraging' you to buy a few Rift skips if you can't do the harder Challenges. You don't HAVE too, but you could..

..And that's all that matters; ensuring that the tiny purchase looks so much better than a hard Challenge or that long, slow grind.

BHVR; sacrificing fun for RMT. Feh.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited October 2019

I mean they're a PITA for people who aren't casual as well.

"They're on the 4th page, so it's fine if they're overly difficult and completely obnoxious" Yeah. Right. That's your reward for getting to the 4th page everyone!

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

The problem I see is that its not really about how hardcore or good at the game you are. Its how lucky can you be. You need to hook someone in the basement, make sure they don't get out, and also get everyone else in there.

So ideally, you want the basement in a good spot, a small map, a specific build (i.e. Agi, iron, Grit, some 4th perk), probably a good basement killer, all survivors to be altruistic, to down the first one near the basement, no one to get far away from the basement afterwards, and no one to d/c on the way to the basement. That's not being good at the game, that's luck. Sure skill will help, but its mainly luck.

Additionally if any one survivor is doing a challenge like "do x gens" or "disturb x crows" they dgaf about that person on the hook, they're going to be focused on their challenge so no basement for you.