Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Separate skill check zones

PiiFree
PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

Hey devs, have you ever thought about separating the good / great skill check zones to make repairing gens a bit more of a challenge and actually skill dependent?

I think we can all agree that after the first 10 matches you will barely miss any good skill checks and after a while you even start to hit great skill checks more frequently.

Post edited by PiiFree on

Comments

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

that is actually a really good idea. New players would go for the safe 'good' skill checks, pros risk it and would get sometimes recked by their confidence. this is good

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

They could try this and see what it does to matches and then change things if the games tilt more to one side. Trouble is implementing too many "fixes" at any one time is hard to track or reverse. They have to evaluate data after a fix and if too many things go "live" at one time it makes it hard to isolate what fix is responsible for what.

It is far easier to do a single "fix" and then evaluate as to what an impact that had on the game overall.

I would be inclined to add your "fix" but i also thought about adding a slightly larger failed skill check penalty for those who attempted a great skill check. That would muddy the water so much you would not be able to point the reason as to what was responsible for the game leaning towards one side.

I am not responsible for the balance of this game and i would hate to be in their shoes.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Sounds interesting