Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Idea to end pallet looping

Machine gun.

Discuss.

Comments

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

It's part of the game now, everything is balanced around it.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Just give survivors the same collision box as killers. Problem solved.
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@Nick said:

But, uh... Nothing is balanced, that is the point.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237
    edited July 2018

@RSB said:

@Nick said:

The game is in the best state it has ever been. And they're still tweaking things, give the devs time.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Nick said:

@RSB said:

@Nick said:

The game is in the best state it has ever been. And they're still tweaking things, give the devs time.

Balance is an illusion there is no such thing 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Change Bloodlust to give speed boost at a faster rate, but at lesser value. This would negate the collision box differences between Survivors and Killers. Survivors using the smaller collision to “hug” objects close to preform tighter and therefore faster circles around objects would be negated by the fact the Killer is still fast enough that the collision box abuse is negated. 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@SovererignKing said:
    Change Bloodlust to give speed boost at a faster rate, but at lesser value. This would negate the collision box differences between Survivors and Killers. Survivors using the smaller collision to “hug” objects close to preform tighter and therefore faster circles around objects would be negated by the fact the Killer is still fast enough that the collision box abuse is negated. 

The numbers are already very small (it's +0.2 m/s at Bloodlust I, if memory serves).

• SovererignKing
    Orion said:

@SovererignKing said:

The numbers are already very small (it's +0.2 m/s at Bloodlust I, if memory serves).

You are correct. It’s 0.2% at level 1, 0.6% at level 2, 1.2% at level 3. At 15/30/45 seconds each. 
  • Orion

@SovererignKing said:
    You are correct. It’s 0.2% at level 1, 0.6% at level 2, 1.2% at level 3. At 15/30/45 seconds each. 

No, +0.2 m/s. +0.2% isn't even 0.01 m/s. Anyway, other than BL III, I don't think they're even that significant.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    My only argument to that is if you don’t actually hit the survivor then why should they be punished for you swinging at the wrong time? Hugging around objects is sometimes a good way to evade the killers like the hillbilly and if someone is juking you in a thicket of trees is that more legit than pallet looping to you? Looping and camping are both a strategy in the game, and if we’re talking about hit boxes how about when a survivor is like 6 feet on the other side of the window and gets hit or slams a pallet and takes a shot whenever it’s already down and you’re a whole pallet length away? If you increase the hit box there would be no way to legit juke and the BS hits that shouldn’t happen sometimes will happen way more, also looping would be a way bigger problem, now if they can give you what you want without making some of those situations more BS than they already are than I’m all for it if it truly balances the game 
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

1-Reduce the killers' hitboxes to be about the same size as the survivors'.
    2-Profit.

• Orion

@lyric said:
    My only argument to that is if you don’t actually hit the survivor then why should they be punished for you swinging at the wrong time? Hugging around objects is sometimes a good way to evade the killers like the hillbilly and if someone is juking you in a thicket of trees is that more legit than pallet looping to you? Looping and camping are both a strategy in the game, and if we’re talking about hit boxes how about when a survivor is like 6 feet on the other side of the window and gets hit or slams a pallet and takes a shot whenever it’s already down and you’re a whole pallet length away? If you increase the hit box there would be no way to legit juke and the BS hits that shouldn’t happen sometimes will happen way more, also looping would be a way bigger problem, now if they can give you what you want without making some of those situations more BS than they already are than I’m all for it if it truly balances the game 

Survivors do not get hit "6 feet away" from a window unless they're playing against the Huntress and/or are experiencing heavy lag. You know that's true, so why are you trying to make it sound like a normal scenario? As for pallets, they can get hit at the same time as they drop the pallet. I see no problem with this - you got a stun, the Killer got a hit. Don't be greedy with the pallet and you might just not get hit.

• lyric
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

Survivors do not get hit "6 feet away" from a window unless they're playing against the Huntress and/or are experiencing heavy lag. You know that's true, so why are you trying to make it sound like a normal scenario? As for pallets, they can get hit at the same time as they drop the pallet. I see no problem with this - you got a stun, the Killer got a hit. Don't be greedy with the pallet and you might just not get hit.

But it legit is a normal scenario playing on PS4 it really is a problem , I’m not talking about the moments where you get hit at the same time I’m talking about after the pallet is already down. I bet I could go home after work and have it happen at least 3-4 times even with having top grade internet, if we can increase the hit box without those moments becoming more BS than they are I’m all for it as I said 
  • Orion
    edited July 2018

@lyric said:
    But it legit is a normal scenario playing on PS4 it really is a problem , I’m not talking about the moments where you get hit at the same time I’m talking about after the pallet is already down. I bet I could go home after work and have it happen at least 3-4 times even with having top grade internet, if we can increase the hit box without those moments becoming more BS than they are I’m all for it as I said 

Record it and post your ISP and location (just the country, obviously), as well as the Killer's location (again, just the country). Connections are two-way, so even if your Internet is "top grade" (which I doubt, TBH), there's a chance the Killer's isn't.

• lyric
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

Record it and post your ISP and location (just the country, obviously), as well as the Killer's location (again, just the country). Connections are two-way, so even if your Internet is "top grade" (which I doubt, TBH), there's a chance the Killer's isn't.

Which you doubt? I do have top grade internet I don’t care if you believe me or not and i don’t know why you’re trolling when I’m literally just having a conversation and even agreeing to some portions of it trying to explain some issues I see, if I wanted to hear from a ######### I would fart, simple as that. This whole forum is full of a bunch of crybaby killers who just want to have all four survivors hooked in the first minute of the match so they feel the “balance” like complaining about hit boxes now because someone juked the ######### out of them without a pallet and they can’t accept it.
  • Orion

@lyric said:
    Which you doubt? I do have top grade internet I don’t care if you believe me or not and i don’t know why you’re trolling when I’m literally just having a conversation and even agreeing to some portions of it trying to explain some issues I see, if I wanted to hear from a ######### I would fart, simple as that. This whole forum is full of a bunch of crybaby killers who just want to have all four survivors hooked in the first minute of the match so they feel the “balance” like complaining about hit boxes now because someone juked the ######### out of them without a pallet and they can’t accept it.

Yes, I doubt that you have "top grade" Internet, but I'm willing to be proven wrong, which is why I asked for information. Sorry if I don't take what you say at face value and actually require evidence for your claims.

• SovererignKing
    lyric said:
    I’m not talking about hugging objects for a hot few seconds to dodge a chainsaw charge. I’m talking about extended looping sessions. 

Heres the difference between Looping and Camping : Camping has a negative draw back that all other Survivors have free reign of the map to do whatever they please.

Looping has no draw backs at all. It’s pure positive. The survivors fail state is being found by the Killer. Looping the Killer turns that failure into a win scenario. 

As Survivor, You win if the Killer can’t find you. However you still win if you just Loop them. As Killer, you lose if you can’t find them, you still loose if you get looped. 

Juking in a thicket of woods is alright, but you shouldn’t be doing that for more than 20 seconds. The focus should be losing the Killer, not running them around like a kite on a string. 

Mad for the hit boxes, the issue you’re having is latency. It’s not your connection, it’s the Killer’s your connected to. 

Though to be frank, I didn’t say adjust the hit box sizes. I said change blood lust. We’re you talking to @Acromio?
  • lyric
    Orion said:

@lyric said:

Yes, I doubt that you have "top grade" Internet, but I'm willing to be proven wrong, which is why I asked for information. Sorry if I don't take what you say at face value and actually require evidence for your claims.

Well I guess I can see why you wouldn’t take what anyone says as a fact but I’m just trying to explain a legit issue I’m having and no it’s not all the time and it’s possible it could be the killer connection but it is a issue that should be looked into if we’re talking about increasing hit boxes. Maybe they should make a connection requirement to be a killer in the game? I know it’s not good to leave certain players out but I’ll bet a lot of the problems some people report would go away if they made a connection requirement for the host 
  • Orion

@lyric said:
    Well I guess I can see why you wouldn’t take what anyone says as a fact but I’m just trying to explain a legit issue I’m having and no it’s not all the time and it’s possible it could be the killer connection but it is a issue that should be looked into if we’re talking about increasing hit boxes. Maybe they should make a connection requirement to be a killer in the game? I know it’s not good to leave certain players out but I’ll bet a lot of the problems some people report would go away if they made a connection requirement for the host 

And I'm trying to help you, but to do so I need more information, and I also need to see what the problem actually is.

• lyric
    lyric said:
    I’m not talking about hugging objects for a hot few seconds to dodge a chainsaw charge. I’m talking about extended looping sessions. 

Heres the difference between Looping and Camping : Camping has a negative draw back that all other Survivors have free reign of the map to do whatever they please.

Looping has no draw backs at all. It’s pure positive. The survivors fail state is being found by the Killer. Looping the Killer turns that failure into a win scenario. 

As Survivor, You win if the Killer can’t find you. However you still win if you just Loop them. As Killer, you lose if you can’t find them, you still loose if you get looped. 

Juking in a thicket of woods is alright, but you shouldn’t be doing that for more than 20 seconds. The focus should be losing the Killer, not running them around like a kite on a string. 

Mad for the hit boxes, the issue you’re having is latency. It’s not your connection, it’s the Killer’s your connected to. 

Though to be frank, I didn’t say adjust the hit box sizes. I said change blood lust. We’re you talking to @Acromio?

lyric said:

I may have thought you said it but I can agree you should be trying to lose the killer instead of running around trying to troll I interpreted the whole hit box increase as someone was swinging too early and got mad because they missed or got 360 and lost the survivor, like I was saying though it could be a connection issue with my problem or maybe even a lag switch but there’s no reason why I should get down if I’m already through a pallet or window and running away Then from nowhere get hit from the other side of the pallet far enough that when they break it they still have to take a few more steps to pick me up once they’re through it
  • lyric

Orion said:

@lyric said:

And I'm trying to help you, but to do so I need more information, and I also need to see what the problem actually is.

Well when I get home I’ll play some matches and when it happens I’ll load a video on here and give the info you asked for
  • SovererignKing
    @lyric They should change it to make the Killer’s box the same as Survivors. This wouldn’t change 360’s and jukes, they would just make it so Survivors can Loop in circles around objects the way they do now. 
  • P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58

@Orion said:

@lyric said:

here you go 30ms ping no lag. happens often but you will still be in denial.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousChillyWebCurseLit