Don't Nerf Spirit - Let's raise our VOICE!

2»

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Nerf the whole game🤗

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624
    edited November 2019

Spirit isn't hard to learn. But the point is, why people care so much about skills in DBD? Why this is always coming from main survivors who need thousand of second chance perks, keys and broken maps to win? At the end of the day If you think holding M1 to repair a generator or clicking M1 to injure survivors takes skills........... Oh well, I can say that Huntress is the only thing who requires skills in this game. So y'all should stop with this bs and just say "I hate Spirit" instead of creating excuses to attack people who play with her

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

NERF HER

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

tfw you have always played both sides and these threads make you feel like smashing your face through a wall with such boneheaded, terrible opinions

nonbiasgang rise up

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

I didn’t realize using headphones was a steep learning curve.

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

Prayer beads are fine they add a bit of fright to the game

• douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316

But if she gets nerfed I reckon a lot of people on the killer side are gonna walk

• KrazyKat1011123
    KrazyKat1011123 Member Posts: 170

Yea because spirit is a super hard killer to be.....if you stand still and they run you get a hit. If you stand still and the run towards you you get a hit. If you stand still at a pallet and they stand still you phase and get them, and if you stand still and they run you hit them....

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

I literally got adept spirit the first game I played as her... at rank 3.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I think she is fine, she was hard to counter but it was still possible. She is by far my favorite killer to play against. (P.S I don’t play as Spirit)

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

High risk, high reward? I'd love to hear what the risk of playing Spirit is.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

"survivors OP"

"Edit: By the way dont read to the opinions below me because they dont agree with my point of view, they are all new players"

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164
    edited November 2019

What the hell makes you think our voices matter in this? They nerfed Nurse, who has a higher learning curve than Spirit, and who they admitted does terrible in the lower ranks but does well in red ranks. They didn't just nerf Nurse, either, but made QoL worse with her so that she's not fun to play as.

I love playing as Spirit. She's the only killer I consistently enjoy. It's quite likely I'll stop playing DbD after whatever they do to her, because they're not good at the "soft touch"; she'll without a doubt be ruined. Despite having spent more money on this game than I ever should have, I'm not naive enough to think that makes a difference and that they'll care about my opinion. It's almost certainly a lost cause.

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118

So they make nurse dog shtt, next they move to spirit ofcourse. So the real question is how are survivors getting nerfed? We know its not map design, well have a new president in office before that happens.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited November 2019

I think you may be missing the point that, like with Nurse, it is extremely likely that survivors are given a big nerf to something at the same time Spirit would get any nerfs.

• shards
    shards Member Posts: 95

ok i 4kd in my first game as her, and it felt easy. nowadays when i play her i dont use ruin because it is simply not needed. spirit is the killer i pick when i want to make sure i will win. i have played dbd almost 3k hours ( both killer and survivor ). so dont say i dont know what im on about

let's see. spirit is fast when phasing so she has excellent map control and chase potential. in chase she can guess where you go and she can hear you. she can look at the grass and listen to the footsteps. she has add ons like the wakizashi saya (purple sword) that give her essentially a windstorm like effect when she exists the phase so it's ok if you wouldn't have quite made it the survivor you were chasing.

"just use iron will" - well she can still see the grass and hear footsteps. many spirits like to bring stridor anyway, so iron will becomes worthless.

she can "mindgame" by standing still- the visual effect of her glass shards is not that noticeable tbh , even if spirit defense squad likes to bring this up.

i would be 100% ok with some nerfs

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

This is true, using her power isn't hard at all unless the survivors have iron will and backtrack their scratchmarks but this is very inconsistent because the spirit has collusion, so as soon as they collide they will get out of phase and hit you. As opposed to someone like Billy you have to know how to curve your chainsaw hide your light at corners, moonwalk, bait pallet drops with chainsaw revs etc, But spirit completely avoids all this with her phase walk.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    edited November 2019

What Spirit needs...

1. To move grass and corn.
    2. Have louder footsteps
    3. Rework Prayer Beads
    4. Have a vaulting animation (preferably a unique one, like she’s phasing through the wall)

She doesn’t need a complete overhaul or rework. After seeing what they’ve done with Legion and Nurse (who honestly isn’t as bad a people say) I don’t have high hopes if they do end up “looking into the Spirit”.

• chibikoi
    chibikoi Member Posts: 7

sincerely? you could argue that she requires about the same skill as a leatherface or wraith

to be a good spirit you need:

a) a headset and a semi-functional hearing sense

b) the same level of predicting/ following scratch marks as a m1 killer of the same rank, because you just need to go near enough of the survivor that you can m1 then before going to pallets

or you can collide with them, that works too

• Game was fine before September 2018 (in terms of online) . Not a single spirit main will be missed .

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Wow, yet another you vs me shitfest thread.

Shouldnt expect anything more from the forums.

• Tangero
    Tangero Member Posts: 119

Im hoping for the spirit nerf i hope they remove prayer beads and power recovery add-ons and tweak her base kit like they did nurse or just give her the legion treatment

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
  • Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

We were also just okay with an addon balancing for Nurse and look how that turned out.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

#NerfSpirit

Killer main btw. I don't feel like I outplayed anyone with Spirit, they were just unlucky. The chances are weighed so far in my favor its not even a joke.