The Archives Level 4 looks insane(feedback)

Options

I just completed every quest in The Archives level 1 and i was able to see the quests in The Archives Level 4, i couldn't switch to level 2 and 3, i guess i was not supposed to see the level 4. Then i looked at the challenges and they look pretty insane for survivor mains. That challenges seem cool but forcing people to do builds based on that and forcing them to hard challenges like "sacrifice 3 survivors during the endgame collapse while using Hex:noed" in a single trial or "hook 5 survivors to the basement while using agitation" in a single trial. that single trial challenges should be considered, and i would like to know if devs can do this quests before releasing them. Some people that's not familiar with killers may struggle with such challenges. This is just a feedback on unreleased The Archives level 4 quests, so it might be changed.

Comments

• DonnieTheZombie
    DonnieTheZombie Member Posts: 229
    Options

Oh #########. The only reason i started playing dbd again was this new challenge system but that sounds completely stupid and not thought out at all. Then again that's dbd.

Suppose I'll come back next year when they finally balance out these near impossible challenges LOL

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I've wondered how these challenges are going to throw off the balance of the game. I'm a survivor main, my dailies are 99% killer, and I almost never do them because of it. I might play five killer games a month. With the challenges being 50-50, won't that throw the balance off? And being a survivor main, they'll be even harder for me to do, and vice versa. So are killer queues going to be out of control at all ranks now? Survivor mains trying to do really hard killer challenges sounds like a nightmare to me. I almost wish there were two rifts you could purchase - one for killer or one for survivor based on which you played more.

I was afraid a battle pass would make this game be a lot less fun and you could already see both survivors and killers playing differently on day one.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,373
    Options

Peanits said in another Thread that this mission is meant to be part of the repair of 4 Gens while using Dark Sense. So you dont need to repair 4 Gens by your own, but participate in the repair of 4 Gens.

He also mentioned that some of the later Challenges are placeholders for now, they can still change.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

If that's the case they REALLY need to reword a lot of these challenges because right now, some are just confusing or making them sound way worse than they actually are. But, this is also just typical game dev behavior. They'll place blocks on these sorts of battle passes where they know many players will struggle to complete them, and hope that if they become desperate enough, they'll cough up some cash to get those last few tiers. It's sad that even BHVR seem to be falling down this route, because even if we were to just play, you're getting like 1 rift fragment per level gained. It would take way too long just to get a few tiers of the pass this way

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

I have to assume the developers cannot possibly be this tone-deaf about their game, and that these level 4 challenges we're seeing right now aren't final.

If I'm wrong and they are this insane, it would be a shameless push for players to spend money to bypass challenges that everyone knows are functionally impossible. I will definitely stop engaging with the Archives altogether if this section of the tome hits the game in this state.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137
    Options

Where are these challenges? I'm new to game, on switch, and all I get is a daily ritual. Am I overlooking something?

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137
    Options

Yeah, no archives for us yet, I guess

• Camophlo
    Camophlo Member Posts: 102
    Options

I really do hope the lv4 challenges are placeholders like mentioned above. These sound borederline impossible when playing solo and extremely difficult as even SFW. Too much required for a single challenge AND to be done in a single trial. Not the best way to make something rewarding in my opinion... Really really hope it's easier later on. Would hate to see Archives die cause of Level Four challenges being extremely difficult and unfair to both killers and survivors

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,756
    Options

They're having a laugh if they think some of those challenges are doable without making a bazillion attempts.

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

Honestly this should make it easier for you to do the killer challenges because you'll be in a lower rank, vsing potato survivors.

• Atrushan88
    edited November 2019
    Options

I mean, we told everybody a battle pass would be like this. Everyone said "You don't have to pay for it", "You're choosing to pay for the battle pass",etc.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

The fact that Lore itself will be locked behind these sort of challenges (as we can only assume they exist in Tome 2-3), makes it worse. Lore is something casuals SHOULD be able to unlock without too much of a hassle.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Yeah, that's totally a "letter of the law" vs. "spirit of the law" line of debate, though. I have to assume that people who make this argument understand that they are taking a bad faith position, they just insist on not acknowledging the problems that come with this kind of system in terms of how it locks a lot of the player base out.

It's also a "have our cake and eat it too" case for Behavior, putting a Fortnite-style battle pass in a traditionally priced $19.99 game with $89.87 worth of expansion DLC (i.e. all the stuff that features new characters, not just cosmetics). Every non-F2P game that dips its toes into this particular pond experiences backlash, and it's because the publisher essentially takes consumers for suckers. Look at what happened with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, as a good example.

It's kind of a weird road to see this game go down. The irony is that most of the stuff in the Rift is pretty mediocre; I'm not too thrilled about charms (even as a concept), and quite a few of the cosmetic pieces are just recolors. I think the Tomes (the challenges) could potentially work even without the Rift tracks in place, but man those level 4 challenges are something else.

• Atrushan88
    edited November 2019
    Options

Honestly I'm more worried about what happens when all the challenges are done. Getting rift fragments without the challenges is going to be hell and I don't expect anyone to actually complete the rift without paying for progression. I'm currently at tier 12, and 3 of those are from the tome, and 7 of them were given to me automatically when the rift thing started. Meaning I've gotten 2 tiers in 3 days. With 70 rifts total, and I think there are 93 rift fragments you get from the first tome(9.3 tiers), and I would assume this would be the case for each tome, meaning with 4 tomes you get 37.2 tiers. The other 32.8 will be done just from getting rift fragments from exp. If I did my math right.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,373
    Options

You dont have to put any money in the Rift to complete it. It is entirely optional. Furthermore, Rift =/= Archives. You can complete the Rift without doing any Archive-Mission.

Besides that, I think even the Level 4-ones are doable. Especially the Killer ones, except for the End Game-Challenges (both Survivor and Killer), they are all doable. Not on first attempt tho, but this is fine. Like, its easy to hook people in the Basement, using Map Offerings and Agitation/Iron Grasp (would not recommend to use Bubba for this btw). Killing all 4 in the Basement is a different Story, but also achieveable.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    edited November 2019
    Options

Include ridiculous challenges...players can't do challenges...players use collected cells to go up tiers...players spend more money to progress...The Art of the Deal 👌

• Angelicus23
    Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,547
    Options

These two are a nightmare for me, there are also the one that YOU must complete four gens by yourself and make two flashlight saves, one of the most difficult things in the game.

But in part is understandable, the first challemges has been extremely easy, so itvs normal to put more difficult ones, but think about it, how probable is to get the "special" killer of the "special" survivors to make these challenges. If you reached that point, your rank must be high, not 21, and the people you will get will never let you do these

• Teichkuh
    Teichkuh Member Posts: 6
    Options

Holy #########, what the hell.

I understand that some should be harder than others, but nah dude. I've read about flashlightsaves too here in the forum and I'm thinking... how on earth should I do that? Can't even get one right. And the basement one will take you days just because of the DCing idiots.

Instead of writing stuff like that their placeholders could just be "Do something.", just so you know it is one. :P

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    Options

I think a good system is to have 2 rewards for each challenge. If you do it in a single trial you get extra BPs and Rift progress, but if not you can still advance the tome by doing it over a couple of games.

I'm in two minds, I like hard challenges, but my mentality when I was finishing up tome 1 was very much "Just get this finished without caring about the game itself" and thats only going to be worse with the harder challenges. Going to see a lot of thrown games trying to complete them.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

At the very least, more difficult challenges should give greater rewards. In the same way that master challenges award more BPs and Rift Fragments than ordinary challenges, Tome 4 challenges should award more than those in Tome 1.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Even though I wasn't trying, I think I have only got 4 in the basement once or twice ever.

With the EGC 3 unhooking, we best make a deal with the killer and get our farming overalls on.

• bomb1720
    bomb1720 Member Posts: 428
    Options

how does spending money work? i thought it just gave you better items to unlock, not complete challenges for you?

• Figas
    Figas Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2019
    Options

(deleted by me)

Post edited by Figas on
  • Figas
    Figas Member Posts: 59
    Options

Its possble to spend 100 auric cells to bypass each Rift Tier. Completly overpriced obviously, but you never know how many will be dumb enought to purchase it.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options

The problem is not the basement sacrifice, it's whether or not someone will DC. Which in this game, someone most definitely will.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Oh I'm not denying they're doable, but lets face it, when survivors realise what you're attemtping to do, they'll screw you over. Same as killers. And you can technically skip tiers with Cells, essentially, pay to skip. I was more interested in the lore unlockables over the rewards from the pass itself, but having the lore locked behind challenges that are just insanely hard is a huge put off for me. Especially NOED at Endgame. Let's face it, NO survivor would even give you the chance to get them once they sit in that exit gate and taunt you.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

I've just created an account on this forum just to reply to this topic. Yeah i agree, these challenges are insane, and as someone who really wants to know more about the lore, it shouldn't require you to do insane stuff.

I think those single trial challenges should be removed, or as stated before, still being a thing but with a better and alternative reward ( more BP ).

I hope they will change it, making it less difficult or at least not in a single trial, which would make more sense. Imagine even for that flashlight save challenge, it would make more sense for it to be about saving two persons, but not necessarily during the same trial.

• nickoli2233
    nickoli2233 Member Posts: 91
    Options

For some reason it says this thread is closed,hmmmmmmm. But yeah those challenges lost nigh impossible to complete, just goes to show how little the devs still don't know about their game and how it works.

• emyung
    emyung Member Posts: 138
    Options

People will probably complete those challenges using their friends...

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I get matched against purple ranks sometimes as a level 18 killer. Not the most fun, especially with no BP in my killers.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

Can confirm, i mostly played as a Survivor, but i'm still relatively new as a killer. I am rank 17, and they keep putting me against purple and green ranks.

• Rex_Ruinam
    Rex_Ruinam Member Posts: 1
    Options

I feel like eveyone on this seems confused as they keep saying that these stupid hard challenges are a cash grab. the challenges are not related to the money portion. ya they can give you some progress on the rift but they are not required. they are related to the lore unlocking. you cant pay to pass them and not to mention they are the teir 4 challenges. of course they are meant to be difficult. they are all possible just very hard. someone also mentioned more rewards if you would actualy read you will notice they give quadruple the rewards teir 1 was giving because again, they are meant to be a rewarding CHALLENGE

• satanwuvsyou
    satanwuvsyou Member Posts: 32
    Options

You can literally just bank roll the rift. It would be crazy to do so, but with how slow natural progression is if you work full time and can't spend every other bit of your week on farming the challenges you're not going to get a complete rift.

• SaintDenisSlasher
    SaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227
    Options

I just saw this too, damn i hope they change this because i think its a really positive thing, more lore and more objectives.....but these are just bullshit.

4 basement sacrifices? 3 safe unhooks in the endgame collapse?! 3 kills in the end game collapses! Make all 4 survivors step into a trap. You can't even control that, and theres one for 5 too so you basically have to do it twice. These wouldn't be so bad if they didn't all have to be done in one game. Hopefully that's not right because it's going to suck all the fun out of it

• HeyZeus
    HeyZeus Member Posts: 14
    Options

I'm just here to agree with all of you. Please devs.. no.. don't do me like this. I thought we had a good thing going?

I actually quite enjoyed the challenges. I understand making them harder but... this.. this is madness :O

Fix those impossible challenges please! Thanks!

• GoatyTCO
    GoatyTCO Member Posts: 64
    Options

Ty @Rex_Ruinam

Honestly, Idc if these are difficult, because I can easily beat the pass without paying for extra tiers. Every level (4,200xp) is 5.25 shards (500xp per shard), that means that I'm going to tier up naturally every 2nd level.

Also, I think that these challenges are fun, and they are definitely something you have to work for, I mean, what else have I had to grind for in DBD? All Teachables? All achievements? All P3s?

This was a great move by the devs, and I hope most of these stay as is, although some, (for example 3 unhooks during EGC, 3 kills with NOED during EGC), should be changed, because they are based entirely on what the other players do, not up to your own skill. If this one stays the same, I'm sorry devs, but I'm likely to get some mates together for those.

• zaquintar
    zaquintar Member Posts: 54
    Options

Yeah, I mean how are you going to have each survivor step into a bear trap in the same match?