Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Halloween Event does not feel like a Halloween Event

Hi,

I just would like to give some feedback about the event. I would like to know, if others see it the same way, or not.

The actual Halloween event doesn't really feel like a Halloween event is going on. During most of the other events, we all were presented new objectives, that "distracted" us from the usual objectives, like hooking and doing gens.

I most enjoyed the pustular flowers and special hooks, because they slowed down the game and made the event weeks much less sweaty. As a nice killer, you would grant a found survivor to finish his flower before hitting him, and stuff like that.

I know a lot of people complained about "no being able to play the game as usual" because their survivor mates didn't instantly rush the gens as usual. But that was, what I liked most about it. Just two event weeks with everybody being less sweaty and also less salty. A survivor would even give a gg to a killer, if you give him his flower before the final hook. Wow.

I really loved that.

Despite all pros and cons of the last events, the actual event doesnt even feel like an event. It does not give you any special task. Nothing that changes gameplay a bit. You get you event items in the archives, and there are just "special hooks" and "special gens" that give you extra blood points, but nothing else. And since you don't even need an offering to get at least some extra points, there is also no need to bring offerings. Besides that, you anyway get a shitton of bloodpoints, since we also have a blood hunt in parallel.

So my personal experience about the event is like this:

Nearly no one brings the event offerings, and everybody just gets super sweaty about the archives. I am facing pink add ons everywhere on both side, right next to Moris, endgame slugging and super sweaty gameplay next to super salty endgame chats.

@Devs: Please don't missunderstand me. I like the archives, I like you put much work into bug-fixing, so we actually get an event before halloween was over. Thx for the hard work. I am a developer myself and I know what it means when you have to deliver on a deadline. =)

My Question to the community:

Are your experiences with the event similar to mine?

My Question to the Devs:

Can we have an event that takes out the sweat and salt by adding some "unusual" fun things for two weeks maybe for next halloween?

Kind regards,

Hudson

Comments

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The second objective like the pustals and lanterns while fun detracted from the game too much and people complained.

I think the main issue with the event is doing the event objective ie gens and hooks with offerings used to grant you tokens in past ones to earn the event rewards which isn't the case here.

Tying the rewards to the rift seems way out of place for an event so in essense its justs the offerings for extra bp which were reduced from 4.5k no to 3k bp so there really isn't much use for them right now. While the 3k bp is nice when a dpb event is on also your better off using a streamer, cake or other BP offering to maximise the points so not many are participating.

The challenges also give more points than doing the event so a lot of players doing certain ones are better off ignoring those offering in favour of something else to help them like a coin for the chests.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I miss the plants too and filing the vials up. I also remember some very nice Killers during that event. I knew I was doomed, didn't care and just wanted to get my essence and 98% of Killers would allow me to Harvest before killing lol

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93

@Nicholas Yep, that's what I mean. I liked that, too. And survivors tended to give a gg for that, instead of the usual "noob, trash-play, tunneling ... bla bla ... camping ... bla bla ...op perks" - bullshit. ^^

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,093

Even the 3rd Year Anniversary event was better imo. You at least got double bloodpoints + 3% with the new offering.