If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Remove 75% stagger reduction on Balanced Landing if you're exhausted

Options

We can pretty much agree this perk is way too good. I've no problem with the speed boost and 75% reduction of stagger. But this should only work if you're not exhausted. This would make the perk more in line with the other exhaustion perks. They don't give you any benefits when you're exhausted and so should it be for Balanced Landing.

@Peanits

Comments

• BloodyTapp
    BloodyTapp Member Posts: 108
    Options

This guy is right tho. No exhaustion perks should benefit you while exhausted. They're one-time use per chase (or at least supposed to be)

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

But BL is a bit diffrent because it only works in a specific location on a map.

It should be weaker (like 50%) or change the maps to represent that

• Sadiii
    Sadiii Member Posts: 38
    Options

What other Exhaustion has benefits whilst being on cooldown? Not Sprint Burst, not Dead Hard, not Head On; none of them. Save for Balanced Landing. Why is that the case? Why does this specific perk have a passive affect whilst being on cooldown. It makes sense for Balanced Landing to fall in line with the rest of the bunch. In agreeance with OP.

• skillchecks
    skillchecks Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2019
    Options

I would rather if they get rid of the speed boost and keep the stagger tbh.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

It used to be that way and the perk sucked ass because of it, the perk should stay how it is, but what needs to change are the maps. Some are poorly designed and seriously need retooling to prevent infinites from happening with BL, but not making the map terrible without it (Hawkin's being the prime example of how NOT to design a map).

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,349
    Options

It is probably quite a lot of effort to create a new map and then make sure that it can't be abused with balanced landing. It probably also hinders the design process, knowing that they can't create the map just how they want it because balanced landing could break it.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    edited November 2019
    Options

Not really thought ? That is actually what blows my mind here. The new map loops literally require to have stagger reduction or you will get caught by the killer and that is true for the majority of the loops on the first floor where all the gens are /minus one/. For me they make this map that is horrible gameplay wise and then proceed to nerf the only perk that may give u even a chance to use loops on it. It just does not make sense to me. It feels like the map designers and the balance team are literally disconnected from each other.

It is even funny when I thought what IF I use lithe instead on the new map. Where the hell I activate it besides the second floor loops ? I can think of only the basement loop that is very safe so not needed there. Everything else is a loop with a drop isnt it ? ...which will reduce the speed effect of lithe. So it has to be a pallet loop ... Well great design

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Oh boy do we have news for you

• xZeroStrike
    xZeroStrike Member Posts: 133
    Options

Apparently there's been talk of this exact change going to be implemented. There's a few posts of it on the internet. First I saw about it was a meme on Reddit.

As far as I know, BL was only really an issue on Haddonfield, but I've also heard that map was up for a rework (much like Badham Preschool).

• Garcia
    Garcia Member Posts: 41
    Options

Dude! be careful with the logic system, people here doesn't understand logic.

ps: Allow the survivor to heal himself with 15% of the speed. There's no need for a perk, if there is make it 70% of the speed. But allow the survivor to heal himself, or make room for 5 perks

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
  • RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options

Apparently OP was right. They did it.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    Options

YES YES YES... AT LAST!!!!!!!!

• ChrisDeSilva
    ChrisDeSilva Member Posts: 3
    Options

Killers automatically get a balanced landing stagger reduction, survivors should be able to have 1 perk to counter that. Balanced landing was the only perk that gave survivors a chance on maps with drops, and even then it's is extremely situational and only good on certain maps. Killers still have the advantage with the stagger reduction and increased speed so how is the perk OP? No good killer main should have that much trouble catching a survivor with balanced landing in place with all of the advantages they have built in.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Loops with a drop are balanced with those drops in mind.

Balanced landing throws a wrench in that balance creating infinites or psuedo-infinites where previously the drop was keeping it in check.

This fixes that

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    edited November 2019
    Options

Guess I'm switching out Balanced for Prove thyself.