We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Unlock all tome levels at once? (mods pls don't move this into the poll section)

Options
justarandy
justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
edited November 2019 in Polls

I personally think the devs shouldn't lock the other tomes and unlock them when they want to. Some people play a lot a few weeks and then do a break. Locking out the tome levels kinda "force" players to be constantly checking and playing DbD. What do you think?

(also mods pls keep this in general discussion, the poll section doesn't get as much attention as in general section + its still a general discussion at the end)

Unlock all tome levels at once? (mods pls don't move this into the poll section) 63 votes

Don't lock them
73%
GibberishJnnsMuWickedMilk03xChrisxMiriamGPureSabaccPolarBearNoFaceEatYOuRNuGGeTAsePlayerJacoby2041RainbowPatooiese05239TheLegendDyl4n1Redhawk_uk2GrandkuramaMicheal_MyersTragicSolitudecrissHoodied 46 votes
Lock them
9%
PuggyMohawkFibijeanAkiTheKittenHudsonSebaOutbreaknickofford 6 votes
Idc
17%
BossMister_xDAcesthetiicElkGrootDudeKillermainBTWm8Awakeyfly_172FriendlyGuyTunnelVisionSoloQue101 11 votes

Comments

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    Don't lock them

I agree, if you reach then end of the tome you should have the ability to unlock or wait.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options
    Don't lock them

@Rizzo90 Lol and I see what you did there ;)

• Chatkovski
    Chatkovski Member Posts: 309
    Options
    Don't lock them

I finished the first level: I do not play anymore despite the Halloween event (sadly poor) and the Blood Hunt (when I need it).

Knowing that playing later (when the second level will be available) will optimize my playing time makes me play less now.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options
    Don't lock them

I finished the first tome and now the game feels directionless. I just... have nothing to do. I was looking forward to havinge new challenges, but the two week gap really hurts it. I don't feel anticipation for it; I'm just bored while I wait. Worse, due to them being spaced two weeks apart and needing to travel in December, it'll be a four week wait for me between playing the challenges for tome level 3 and tome level 4. That really sucks.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options
    Idc

F

and with that, welcome to the Polls section! :D

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Idc

I don't mind either way, i'll play the challenges anyway.

• RainbowPatooie
    RainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    Options
    Don't lock them

Someone already leaked some of the animatics so now I desperately want to unlock the rest of them lore since I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Idc

Also: RIP poll title. 🤣

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Idc

That is the exact reason it is locked out. They want to keep player numbers up and regular. I can't see this changing in all honesty.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Don't lock them

The only reason they're locked down and time-gated is because Behavior's worried that people might breeze through all challenges and complete the Rift too fast. Players need to suffer some frustration if they're to open their wallets and buy tiers, afterall.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Lock them

It makes sense that they would want to release things episodically in order to keep people coming back. As others noted, once all the challenges are completed the game feels a bit boring and directionless by comparison, so naturally to avoid people abandoning the game altogether the devs would want to be putting out small bouts of new challenges regularly to keep players interested.

Also, from what I've gathered, they haven't even finished working on Tomes 2-4 yet. If releasing the later Tomes further down the track instead of making sure all Tomes are available from the start means that they can fine-tune them and release better, more well-balanced challenges when the time comes, then I don't mind the time gating in the least.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options
    Don't lock them

But people won't quit their jobs and duties just to play DbD, so they don't really accomplish much besides pissing people off.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Lock them

I also don't see a point in unlocking them all at once.

I mean, you are also not asking them to unlock future tomes for other rifts right now, do you. The only reason you say they should unlock it is, because you can see the buttons and you think there are 3 tomes ready to play but just not unlocked yet. If the devs would simply hide the buttons until the new tome is unlocked, you wouldn't even ask for unlocking them before it's schedule.

Ther is a clear release plan, as far as I understood. You get new challanges every two weeks. So that's what you get. As well as you get a new chapter every 3 month ... and you also don't ask them if they can't release it earlier...

And besides that I also think the challenges on page for need rework, since some of them are much too hard to achieve.