RUIN ruins games.

I've been a rank 1 killer and never used ruin. I've been a rank 1 survivor and every time the killer has ruin there's this feeling of having to do a chore and put the fun on pause while I literally scour the entire freakin map looking for one tiny one-foot tall totem.

I've had three games in the past few days where the totem couldn't be found by anyone and we just wandered around like idiots for a joyless 30 minute game. I'm not gonna play survivor anymore for a while, and I might not play DBD for a while actually. There's just been so many negative emotions like boredom and frustration that the thought of the game just seems boring to me now.

How about we do something about Ruin.

X

Comments

• suli033
    suli033 Member Posts: 81

I agree ruin is frustrating however, it will never be nurfed it will only get buffed with better totem spots because some people are never happy and are sore losers but why not run small game?

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

People run ruin because generator times are ridiculously stupid.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Mr. Awesome spends thirty minutes looking for a totem, can't find it. But doesn't power through the gens. Bs

• suli033
    suli033 Member Posts: 81
    edited November 2019

No u Imagine calling someone a hypocrite when you read there post wrong lol. I mean if you read my post properly instead of jumping to conclusions, don't know why it's not clear enough for you maybe your slow not sure. I was saying people who say it needs to be buffed are sore losers because there is no reason to its balanced as it Is as are the other survivor perks you mentioned.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

The clear lie aside the comment is "I can't gen rush and make a 1 minute game cause of a perk that makes a match more possible for a killer, nerf the only thing that makes killer more playable" I know ruin isn't everything, but for alot of new players, Vs a SWF group, ruin is literally all they have to stop the gens being done before the killer can even find 1 survivor, for experience players it's just needed to give the extra time as it's good players Vs good players, without it, good killers still can do it, but that's cause they know survivor tactics but survivors know killer tactics

Rank 1 spending alot of time looking for a hex that shouldn't matter massively at that level, hit perfects or cope with 30 extra seconds of repairs, alone could be believable, I don't always remember totem placements myself but a while team? Get outta here, who carried you up there? Bet your average points per game is 9K

However there is something Devs could do about both ruin and gen rush at the same time, have gens take 5% longer naturally, and have ruin only do up to 3% regression without as long a pause, just a brainstorm idea, a 4am non thought out one, anyone else make ideas? That way ruin is still usefull but not as big a necessity

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

30 minutes I'm still laughing, how killer not kill you all by then if you're all dumb enough to not find the totem within that time and on your last gen/gate?

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Against REALLY good survivors, ruin is a wasted perk slot. But that swf are equally rare than mind reading nurse players.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Sorry, but your attitude does not match a typical red rank. Any red rank Survivor will not bother looking for ruin after maybe a lap or less if they bother. I don't even think Purple ranks care much either they might spend some time looking as well. Stop searching and do the gen. It takes less time to do a gen then it takes to look around the map for 30 minutes.

While I personally dont commonly use Ruin as my slow down perk of choice because I find it unreliable and weak. I do understand why a lot of people choose to run it and why it is necessary. If anyone bothers to use it outside of purple rank and above the reality is they are bad at the game or leveling Hag.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

Wow very epic you don’t use ruin. Epic.

Ruin is needed for lots of players, some people really struggle without it and currently genrushing is a really bad problem in the game right now.

• Monlyth
    Monlyth Member Posts: 982
    edited November 2019

No, even against a SWF that runs Small Game and finds the totem immediately before you can interrupt them, AND only hits great skill checks, it's still a good perk.

You forced the survivors to waste time looking for and cleansing the totem instead of doing generators, prevented 2% gen progress for every skillcheck they hit while Ruin was up, and in this case, forced them to run a niche perk like Small Game instead of BT, DS, Adren or DH.

Even if Ruin only lasts for 60 seconds at the start of the match, and the survivors only hit great skill checks, the amount of time it buys you in the crucial early game is unmatched.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

The amounts of sarcasm in this can be felt halfway across the world.

Roflmao

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2019

Oh yes. Holding M1 next to a generator while staring into the void is so exciting. Actually having to move around the map and look around simply cannot compare to the thrill of expertly hitting my space bar at just the absurdly precise moment of succeeding a skillcheck once every 30~ seconds.

/s

• FriendlyGuy

Kinda true. But what if i told you, that there's a perk, that blocks three generators at the beginning of the game for two minutes? Boom!

• Monlyth

Well, if the survivors find an unblocked generator, then they can repair it at a normal rate. Once they've found an unblocked generator, you need to physically go there and chase them away in order to slow them down. Whereas Ruin will slow down gen repairs even if you're nowhere near the generators currently being worked on.

• FriendlyGuy
    edited November 2019

True, but patroling four generators is easier than seven.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,325

Theres only 7 gens total...I think you meant patrolling 4 is easier than 7.

• Monlyth
    edited November 2019

Yes, but the early game tends to be much more favorable for the Killer if you're running Ruin instead of Corrupt Intervention, unless you're a killer like Plague who can apply debuffs or score hits on multiple survivors if they're grouped up.

With Corrupt Intervention, the survivors will generally just move to the unblocked generators and begin repairing them. Naturally, the killer quickly finds some of the survivors at the gens and starts chasing one of them. But the killer can only chase one survivor at a time, so the survivor being chased can lead the killer towards the blocked generators to buy time for his/her teammates, while the other 3 survivors are free to repair the generators normally until the Killer successfully ends a chase.

Whereas with Ruin, so long as the totem is up, every survivor on the team is slowed down whether they're in a chase or not, and while the killer can still only chase one survivor at a time, the rest are forced to either repair the gens at a significantly reduced rate, or waste time looking for the totem.

So I still stand by my statement that Ruin's ability to buy time is unmatched, because it passively slows down gen repairs for all 4 survivors without requiring any special conditions to be met, and is active during the crucial early game when the survivors have free reign over the generators.

• FriendlyGuy

Never said it's not good, i'm using it myself too much, but against very good teams it got little use.

• Monlyth

Well, I still have to disagree. Even if it's found and cleansed almost immediately by a Rank 1 SWF, it still buys you a fair amount of precious time. Corrupt Intervention also buys you time; but it, too, can be countered with relative ease by a Rank 1 SWF.

The survivors can just take turns being chased by the Killer, and if the survivor being chased always leads the killer away from their teammates, then the rest of the team can just repair the gens normally, whether there are 7 active gens or only 4.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

Totally agree, ruin isn't fun.

I demand ruin is changed to something utterly useless and stupid that benefits survivors, otherwise dc against it until they do make it like that.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

If you are rank 1 and you start look for a totem instead of hitting those delicious great skillchekcs well... Bad news for you, it's seems you are not rank 1

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I've never seen a rank 1 killer asking for Ruin to get changed (besides asking for better totem spawns).

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

So you really wander around for 30 minutes instead of doing gens while Ruin is up? Are you sure you're rank1?

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

Folks, we got it here.

A player saying Camaraderie is annoying to play against.

• harry14141414
    harry14141414 Member Posts: 356

I really understand what youre tryna say

killers are already so much boosted by the devs .. each patch they get buffs and survivors get nerfs.. and on top of that .. most of survivors are potatoes cant even loop safe pallets ONCE. just drop instantly

and killers camp and tunnel 90 % of matches

RUIN adds salt to the wound as its been buffed ( its hiding spot ) its not as easy to be found anymore

dont bother replying to people mocking you for searching for ruin

if you can hit the skill check, what guarantess the rest 3 can do so ?

people jsut dont think

now maps have less pallets no more safe windows and new maps with BS pallets like dude why did they even add pallets in the new map ? lmfao theyre so trash

and good luck finding totems on new map hahaha game is indeed pretty frustrating for survivors.

I took a break today.. not coming back soon.

I'd keep an eye on future patch notes.. though I know its gonna be the same as has been since 2016..

MORE SURVIVOR NERFS

• Nuiveoxr
    Nuiveoxr Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2019

I don’t believe you are rank one lol. Some days I cannot hit any Hex skillchecks but I still manage to power through it.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

I only played on Hawkins once and the survivors found my totem just after 1 minute even though it was hidden behind a box on the first floor... Recorded it, too in case you don't believe me.

• wannabeuk
    wannabeuk Member Posts: 135

I don't run ruin on my killer because i don't have it, but i've played against it hundreds of times and it has never been more than a mild annoyance. Maybe it changes at higher ranks but i seriously doubt that.

I mean you could even run Detective's Hunch if you really need the help finding them

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877
    edited November 2019

I think the thing that makes Hex:Ruin annoying is the amount of RNG around it. When you have a:

• RNG number of skill-checks a Survivor may get when fixing a generator (ranges from '2' to '1 too ######### many')
    • RNG totem placement which affects whether it lasts 10 seconds or the entire match
    • RNG chances that your teammates are skilled enough to hit the Great Skill Check or slog the gen progress by simply hitting Good Skill Checks
    • RNG chances that your teammates power through gens or spend '30 minutes' looking for a single Hex Totem

If the perk wasn't so all over the place with values and was consistent, then people wouldn't be as annoyed playing against it.

• AGuyNamedKane
    AGuyNamedKane Member Posts: 71

I lose ruin within two minutes in most games I play. I lose a little bit of my soul each time I hear that thunder sound. D:

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Except half that list is absolute trash. As for the other half.

Adrenaline rewards you for completing your objective. It's a time saver. But hardly a second chance.

D-strike counters tunneling. If it activates I'm not going to feel bad for you. You earned it.

Borrowed Time counters your camping. Again I don't feel bad for you.

Inner Strength is a second chance? I thought it was a heal you earned by completing the task you were set.

Point is, you position on second chance perks is laughable. Dead Hard is pretty much the only second chance perk. Even it is a buggy mess.

• Entity_Burger
    Entity_Burger Member Posts: 126

There's always an excuse as to why Survivors aren't bad for using their second chance perks, but Killers are bad/tryhard if they don't obey the Survivor Rulebook For Acceptable Killer Perks.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

yah, I don't believe for a moment you are a rank 1 killer

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

Small Game, Detective's Hunch, Maps, general game sense and hitting great skill checks. Ruin doesn't take very long to find unless you don't know totem spawns.

• ahandfulofrain
    ahandfulofrain Member Posts: 528

Or... how about you just hit great skill checks? It's not hard lmao

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

Just learn skill checks sorry even i manage to hit often the skillchecks perfect and i play very often against Ruin. Ruin is not a problem besides it gets destroyed very often under 20 seconds but even it is still standing just do perfect skill checks it isn't that problem if you learn it. I don't think you are really rank 1 because Ruin is very easy to counter.

• thrawn3054

Here I thought I simply don't agree with your definition of a second chance perk. As for killer perks. What killer perk did I say couldn't be used? That's right. I didn't. If you want to use Ruin, go for it. Or any other perk for that matter.

• Entity_Burger
    Entity_Burger Member Posts: 126

The original person I quoted said Ruin would only get buffed because some people are sore loser. he implied that Ruin is used by people who need to win, so I pointed out all the second chance perks Survivors get while he's complaining about ONE Killer perk.

Now granted: NoED is also a second chance perk; it's a second chance to down a number of Survivors (depending on Killer skill). I will mention this in all fairness.

• MissGamer456
    MissGamer456 Member Posts: 154

As survivor Ruin doesn’t bother me as I can push through it easily, but it’s frustrating when my other teammates can not. When the killer doesn’t have Ruin I spend the time searching chests, cleanse totems I’ll spend my time maximizing the points that I can. BUT APPARENTLY THATS “SELFISH” as I don’t wanna gen rush every single killer , but truthfully it’s boring especially if they are playing fairly. Tunneling or campers killers at 5-4 gens definitely deserves to be Gen Rush, but any killer playing normally I take it slow and easy.

As Killer I hate using Ruin I tend to use NOED to punish Gen Rushing, but if the gen rush becomes overwhelming I’ll run both perks. It’s such a necessity at this point if you are not a Billy Spirit Nurse Or Freddy main. Survivor tend to Gen Rush like there’s no tomorrow and it’s really boring. It makes me irritated that within 3-4 mins 4 gens are already done forcing me to change playstyle and having to either camp for that one kill at least.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Ruin is a horrible mechanic. It punishes new players but has little effect on experienced ones

• MeatBycicle
    MeatBycicle Member Posts: 756

add a 9 to the end of that 1 then add another 1 and I think you have his rank.

• thrawn3054

As you said survivors would use any excuse when countered your list of second chance perks you can see where I mistook your point. Fair enough though.