• JiggleWiggle
    JiggleWiggle Member Posts: 328
    Options

Can't you just remove the 'leave the game' option? @Rizzo90

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,634
    Options

Speaking of Dedicated Servers:

Can this Test PLEASE come to an end? The Servers are Bullshit, they are far away from ready. Every day people complain about them, they are a horrible experience on both sides.

No reason to let PC players suffer, because BHVR does want to push something through which is not ready at all.

• JiggleWiggle
    JiggleWiggle Member Posts: 328
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hm. Is this really necessary when you can press alt+f4? Im playing on ps4 and my device gives me the option to close my game.

Sure i would lose some time by restarting it but honestly there are other options to leave the game if you really want to

You cannot just put an option there for only one use and punish people later on for using it in another way then ypu expected :(

• Cecaelia
    Cecaelia Member Posts: 79
    Options

There is a problem, there are solutions. Going to say right now, I am not encouraging the DC culture but I do understand where it stem from.

Rin is not fun to play against, therefore people DC vs her. The solution a majority of you are proposing is "ban them all for dcing against me." While yes that is a very valid sentiment you also forget that this is a game. Therefore it is meant to be fun. If you have gone against five Rin's in a row, and you get a sixth when Rin is already not fun to play against what do you think is going to happen? This is like pre-rework Legion, I remember getting like six Legion matches in a row and it was just way too much, and it's even worse at red ranks where you might be playing the same 20 man killer pool and have a greater chance of getting 5 nurses, 6 spirits, 3 hillbillies, and then never seeing anything else. So I get where the DC frustration comes from on both sides.

Now I'm going to go back to the whole this is a game comment and add onto that. This is a game, but not only is it a game its a non-eSports PARTY game. Which means there is no real life money on the line. There is no e-Sports scene. There is no heavy ranking system where it actually matters like 6 month League of Legends ladders with season rewards. Therefore it does not matter at all and it should be played to have fun, end of story. If people aren't having fun it is very self serving and entitled to try to force people to sit through a match that is highly unenjoyable for them especially when you haven't bought their copy of the game, and to add onto that a match up that is highly unenjoyable for them that they might have had to play 6 times already before you. And since there is nothing really to be gained except Bloodpoints the survivor loses absolutely nothing by leaving.

I think an avoid player system like Overwatch has, might be a decent solution.

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255
    Options

Hands up my people who had to leave a match to buy something from the store (im including myself ofc but this happens very rarely)

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

It has always been that way so tbh it's not the dumbest survivors who caught the message as that message has actually been around for over a year.

They are working on a new dc system is you read the nees sections you would know all about it but it needs dedicated servers fully implemented as with the P2P they can't tell why someone dc's and it may be due a bug or crash etc which ain't fair to them be punished for.

The new system will have time outs for dcing rather than bans and also it will affect swf as if one dc's the whole group has to wait fornthis timer. Hopefully it's also additive so if more than one dc's the time increases per player.

It's always best to be informed of why something is a certain way and what is being done in the future.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

I would be all for this system so long as:

1. The counter resets after some time (flexible on when exactly) because occasionally legit DCs do happen.
    2. The system can detect if the game was left intentionally or not (a la infinite loading glitch verse “leave match” button.

I forget the context but I remember a couple years ago I started a game as killer only to have a sudden urgent and unexpected reason to not be playing the game. DCed and apologized to the survs (this was before the DCer didn’t connect to the end game chat) and took off from there. It’d be kinda ridiculous if I had something like that come up again and be on a cooldown because of something that happened two years ago. And then glitching out of game obviously isn’t the player’s fault so that can’t be punished either.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416
    Options

DCing against a killer that's easy to counter? Sounds like you keep getting paired with weak survivors with no skill lol

• sekkima
    sekkima Member Posts: 194
    Options

I do the same, but not DC, I commit suicide on the hook so I don't register as DC 😂😂

You are using stridor, you cancel the only counter of the survivors, so no thanks, I prefer to move on to the next game than to play your luck simulator.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

Wait, This sounds familiar?

BHVR- Legion is over performing according to our data.

Player- Wait aren't all those "kills" just DCs?

BHVR- I said OVER PERFORMING! SLAP

BHVR- Community I present to you NEW Legion!

Spirit's getting Legioned!

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Why would you start a match when you know you're going to need to leave your home imminently?

Also, why would you not just play out the 15 minutes that the typical match takes, and run your errand afterward?

Your line of reasoning doesn't make any sense in the case of the excuse you are describing. It's as though you're implying you have no free will over this mundane situation. If, I dunno, there was a health hazard or something, that's obviously understandable. But... "I suddenly had to go to the store," wat?

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

honestly, i would not mind it if they buff Spirit to be on Nurses level...

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options
  • S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539
    Options

Because that teaches us not to play overpowered killers / addons / perks / offerings / attacks. (paraphrased from the many complaints of one shots, moris, forever freddy)

• sekkima
    Options

The spirit does not require skill, I have seen 100 hour players be in red rank just for be spirit.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539
    Options

This player must've gotten lucky. With all the DCs pipping gets much harder

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

It doesn't require much skill to play Spirit, but it does to counter her properly

• sekkima
    Options

"I stand still in a safe structure and force you to abandon it because I am very good" ?

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

People didn't really dc that much against nurse. It took 3 years to fix her.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    edited November 2019
    Options

You good sir/madam hit the nail right on the head.

Thanks.

Edit: Why was the original comment deleted?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

The fact that bhvr will reward the behavior is annoying AF!

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I can counter her without iron will. Iron will only hurts average or under Spirits anyway, you’re better off ditching it and learning without it in my experience.

• CantDrownIfASiren
    CantDrownIfASiren Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2019
    Options

Well everyone plays spirit so they can 4k every game. Survivors got sick of it. Play something else. Spirit is overpowered period. *cringes at ruin on spirit* I mained spirit. Stop excusing her easy, broken gameplay. At least tone down the meta perks on her ffs. Doesnt anyone like a challenge?

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

Who says you are underestimating it?

Literally everyone who isn’t a culprit! :’)

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Teenagers play this game too, I’ve had to dc a few times because I had to go at that moment and didn’t know before hand that I had to go.

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798
    Options

garbage since always? for istance? demogorgon is ok, ghostface is strong, rewerked freddy is strong. :/

• DarKStaR350z
    edited November 2019
    Options

I can’t find that perfect post anywhere to upvote but it really is spot on and reflects my own personal thoughts better than I’ve been able to articulate myself <3

• Umbrae_pk
    Umbrae_pk Member Posts: 482
    Options

It’s not that we demand to win against a Spirit. Because winning doesn’t exactly mean you had fun. Think about it.

You can get chased the whole match, 360ing, looping and feel the fun rush of running the killer around, get face camped, and die, but still had a fun time doing that.

You can use a specific perk build for killer, not get a lot (or any kills at all) and still could have had a great time!

But the thing those 2 scenarios have in common is that they involve fun. Playing against a Spirit is nowhere near fun, and I honestly think he’s a broken training wheels Nurse. She’s one of the strongest killers with her tricks and anti- loops. Thus, you can’t do anything against her and she’s boring.

• DarKStaR350z
    Options

‘Doesn’t anyone like a challenge’ while also asking for something challenging to be made less challenging :’P

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Props to you for simultaneously being both a teenager and the most level-headed person on this entire forum. :D

(Also, I forget this sometimes. I always assume most people are in a similar-ish "adult with job and family" boat as me.)

• DarKStaR350z
    Options

DbD is rated 18+ so we are still talking about adults not 13-17 year olds (who make up 33% of the official Discord server ‘interestingly’)

Kind of explains the emotional reaction and mindset in my opinion but that’s a whole big thing of its own imo.

• crossboy
    crossboy Member Posts: 55
    Options

Spirit is not fun to play against. It's practically just RNG what happens and there's very little I can do about it. I could care less about losing, I do it plenty, but spirits just not fun to be against.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Thankfully fun is subjective... you may not find her fun to go against.... but I find her to be the most fun character to go against... it's much better then watching a doc not be able to do anything while I do his "counter"

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Fuel just keeps being poured on this outrage dumpster fire. Just the other day teo Twitchys posted videos against Spirit. Just going to continue until the Devs turn her into Legion 2.0.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

Yeah... even the quote post I had... was edited by a mod and deleted.

Funny how when logic applied to BHVR's arguments about the whole DC thing is deleted.

• sekkima
    Options

If she have good headsets, you are practically on the hook after the first hit.

Anyway, I don't like playing against her, it bores me ... I prefer to play against a good nurse.

• Leobolics
    Leobolics Member Posts: 28
    Options

The spirit is not fun to play, she is completely broken and her add-ons make her even more broken.

• BrokenCondoms
    BrokenCondoms Member Posts: 2
    Options

I had to register an account because i really wanted to share my experiance here. For some context, i joined this game a few months ago along with a handful of friends. I deffinitely started out as a "survivor main" but after a few weeks i started playinh killer matches during the day while all of my friends were at work and joined them as a survivor in the evening. When i stated playing killer i mained trapper, and had an absolute blast. It was challenging, but the traps added a really fun experiance to have with the survivors. So the recent event rolls around and i decide to pick up the spirit dlc as its on sale and her design has always been the most interesting to me. We as a group have never won against the spirit. Not once. So i thought it would be a nice oppertunity to maybe "learn your enemy". Without even knowing her whole kit i jumped into queue vanilla loadout and waited. The match lasted about 5min. I wiped the entire team with complete ease. Keep in mind that up to this point i had thought that spirit "teleported" like the nurse did so i was not going into this game researched up and ready to go. It was completely opposite from my geared trapper. It was legitimately the first time i felt "guilty" playing as killer. I know that DC's are frustrating, and poor sportsmanship, but when it comes to spirit i really think its a symptom of real issues that stem from her kit. Now i am not claiming to have the panacea to fix this issue with spirit, but pretending that there are not issues is being willfully ignorant. And maybe its not even an issue with her kit. Maybe like others like me misunderstood her kit (though even after switching to her as my main and understanding her kit i still have not won against a spirit as survivor so idk) I can not and will not comment on top tier play. I am a mid level killer/survivor on my best days, so things could be vastly different at red tiers, but i play with the common people of the PC community, and i can tell you that from my perspective that spirit play has some serious problems for survivors that just saying "get good" is not going to fix. I have been playing her for around a week now daily and have yet to have a survivor escape though any method besides an occasional lucky hatch, which is in contrast to my trapper who averaged 2 kills per game with door escapes (the ideal ratio for a match imo).