The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

They Broke The Game For Survivors

2»

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited July 2018

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    And yet somehow, they nerfed huntress and basically nerfed wraith with the tinkerer change.

Ok what are you smoking and where can we all get some? I've been running into high ranked Huntresses and Wraiths nuking everything in sight on every map since patch came out. This isn't survivors making mistakes it's killers playing their killers really well.

Only 2 matches have they not gotten 4k so far.

• Brot
    Brot Member Posts: 6

@jaerthebear said:
    Killers are litterally supposed to have the advantage

Its an asymetrical power struggle

The survivors are supposed to play smart, not run in circles for 7 minuets straight.

1 survivor =/= 1Killer

4 survivors = 1 killer

Survivors should never have an outright power advantage over the killer unless they are all playing well, and playing smart

Git gud.

Some people dont understand what an asymetrical game is or what "balance" actually means. In an asymetrical game the one side isnt stronger than the other, it means that ONE killer is much stronger compared to ONE survivor. To compensate this there are more survivors than killers in a game. It does NOT mean that one side is supposed to be stronger when having a normal 4 vs 1.

In a normal 4 vs 1 game both sides are EQUALLY strong. (thats what balance means)

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I think it's a true testament to Survivor entitlement that the OP is literally complaining about Killers being strong.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    powerbats said:

@Dr_doom_j2 said:
    And yet somehow, they nerfed huntress and basically nerfed wraith with the tinkerer change.

Ok what are you smoking and where can we all get some? I've been running into high ranked Huntresses and Wraiths nuking everything in sight on every map since patch came out. This isn't survivors making mistakes it's killers playing their killers really well.

Only 2 matches have they not gotten 4k so far.

If you're getting wrecked by wraith, like he's 4king every game, then yea, that is okn the survivors playing against him. No matter what they do to him there is no way he's better now than he was, say, pre-cube.

Huntress is always going to be strong--on pc. On consoles, especially now, you have a greater chance of finding hag mains on ps4 cuz on console huntress is a meme.
  • Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    HeroLives said:
    Sally55 said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Lowbei said:

SovererignKing said:

Welcome to the game SURVIVORS asked for.

”Hiding and just doing Gens is boring. We want to be chased all game, that’s what’s fun!” ~ Nearly every single Survivor Main on Reddit and Steam forums for the last year and a half. 

SURVIVORS perpetuated this lie over and over for nearly two damn years. This lie was used to protect Looping after infinite’s were taken away. Now, here we are. Survivors are getting what they asked for. No Stealth, less camping, less tunneling, less “boring” gameplay. The developers are rebalancing the WHOLE DAMN GAME to center it around Looping, because Survivors ASKED FOR IT. 

Killers warned Survivors this was going to happen if they didn’t just drop the bullshit of Looping, and learned to hide and juke properly. Now, here we are. Congratulations Survivors, you really screwed the “hide and seek, Hunter vs. Prey” of this game. Now we play a giant game of “Tag! You’re It!” No thinking required, no skill, nothing. FOR BOH SIDES. Now it’s just a giant game of who’s better at abusing game mechanics than the other. 

So so welcome to the game YOU created Survivors.

”You can run, but you can’t hide #########.” [BAD WORD] enjoy what you’ve done. I know I won’t. As both Killer and Survivor.

calm down

Nah, I’m allowed to as angry as I want. So I kindly invite you to get bent.

No need to be so rude. It's completely uncalled-for

I’m very passionate about the game. It’s my favorite game, so when it gets ruined, I’m going to be upset. I don’t appreciate someone telling me what to do, or how to react to something I care about getting ruined. 

As as a side note : I can tell you’re new to the forums, so I’m just letting you know now, Lowbei is the resident troll and is far worse and far more rude than I am. 
    Dude I like you and think you’re cool. We’re pals. I don’t think you can blame this on survivors though. Seeing as everything that got nerfed on survivors was being called for by killers or people who play both with hella hours. 
    everything survivor nerfed is crawling all over killer forum asking for nerfs
     Here on the official forum
    Running perks(Bc loops)-killer forum
    bnp-gen rushing - killer forum
    faster pickups Bc flashlights- killer forum
    Self care Bc all the healing - killer forum
    Stealth should be more viable- killer forum maybe some survivors but mostly killers posting in survivors 
    gen rushinf(all the new perks that show survivors around generators or let killers know when one is close to completion- killer forum

survivors did not ask for this.
    anytime a survivor said they didn’t like the survivor changes they were bashed and told to git gud by killers.

im not crying this is just off observation alone. You can check around Bc it’s there. The devs gave killers exactly what they wanted. 

Dont push this on survivors

This goes back farther than the current issues Hero.

It started with the old infinite’s. Survivors abused the crap out of infinite’s in order to win games by making it impossible for Killers to even hit them. This was the start of the “Stall to win” meta Survivors abused the crap out of. However, this didn’t stop them from yelling at the developers day in and day out about how it’s “impossible to lose the Killer in a chase.” This was the start of the “balance” war. The developers fixed infinite’s with the entity blockers. Then the developers said no more stalling the Killer indefinitely, learn to juke and hide. 

Looping as its know today came about with Patch 1.4.0. Soon after Halloween Chapter released. This patch changed he Survivors hit boxes to be smaller, in order to make them harder targets to hit out in the open due to latency issues via peer-to-peer connection. The ######### hits at Pallets and window vaults were even worse before that as well. After a time, Survivors found out they could run circles around objects in tighter circles than Killers, thus, effectively negating the base game mechanic Killers are faster and can catch up to Survivors quickly, for brief short periods of time, over and over. This is Looping.

*Again* the balance of the game was thrown way off because Survivors found out they could “stall to win”. Not indefinitely, but easily long enough to win the game. 

Killers were just sick of it. Sick of Survivors always finding easy ways to break the balance of the game. The developers tried twice, and failed, to prevent the “Stall to win” meta. Survivors loved it though, because it was easy wins. The developers finally said screw it, just incorporate it into the game. 

Killers realized soon after, that they had no say so in which way the game was headed. Survivors kept finding ways to “stall to win.” The developers caved and just decided to incorporate “stall to win” tactics into the game, then focus the balance around it because, hey, it’s what the Survivors find “fun.” Killers stopped trying to influence the direction of the game, and instead just wanted balanced game play so they could have a chance in hell at winning. 

The Killers with all the “Git Gud’s”, it’s because they stopped caring *how* the game was played, just as long as the game was *balanced*. Many Killers just gave up trying to tell the Survivors and developers that the game was headed in the wrong direction. They were tired of fighting two wars. One for balance, one for the direction of the game play. So they focused on one. The balance, and let the other go. You can’t win them all, so Survivors got what they wanted with the gameplay, Killers are getting what they want with the balance. 

However, players like me are not happy with the way the game went. I hate Looping, however with the way the game is going, it’s going to be necessary soon (if it already isn’t). 

Fact is, the Survivors did ask for this. This is the gameplay they wanted, just not the balance they wanted. Killers were just along for the ride. Many stopped caring how the game was played, just as long as it was balanced enough that if they could win, it was fine. 

So, yes, I will blame Survivors. They started this mess with infinite’s. Then went to Looping. Now, here we are. The Killer needs no skill in finding and tracking Survivors. The Survivors need no skill in hiding and jukes. It’s now pure game mechanics.

Edit : Typo’s and grammer mistakes. 

Very well put, man. GG
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    HeroLives said:
    Sally55 said:

@SovererignKing said:
    Lowbei said:

SovererignKing said:

Welcome to the game SURVIVORS asked for.

”Hiding and just doing Gens is boring. We want to be chased all game, that’s what’s fun!” ~ Nearly every single Survivor Main on Reddit and Steam forums for the last year and a half. 

SURVIVORS perpetuated this lie over and over for nearly two damn years. This lie was used to protect Looping after infinite’s were taken away. Now, here we are. Survivors are getting what they asked for. No Stealth, less camping, less tunneling, less “boring” gameplay. The developers are rebalancing the WHOLE DAMN GAME to center it around Looping, because Survivors ASKED FOR IT. 

Killers warned Survivors this was going to happen if they didn’t just drop the bullshit of Looping, and learned to hide and juke properly. Now, here we are. Congratulations Survivors, you really screwed the “hide and seek, Hunter vs. Prey” of this game. Now we play a giant game of “Tag! You’re It!” No thinking required, no skill, nothing. FOR BOH SIDES. Now it’s just a giant game of who’s better at abusing game mechanics than the other. 

So so welcome to the game YOU created Survivors.

”You can run, but you can’t hide #########.” [BAD WORD] enjoy what you’ve done. I know I won’t. As both Killer and Survivor.

calm down

Nah, I’m allowed to as angry as I want. So I kindly invite you to get bent.

No need to be so rude. It's completely uncalled-for

I’m very passionate about the game. It’s my favorite game, so when it gets ruined, I’m going to be upset. I don’t appreciate someone telling me what to do, or how to react to something I care about getting ruined. 

As as a side note : I can tell you’re new to the forums, so I’m just letting you know now, Lowbei is the resident troll and is far worse and far more rude than I am. 
    Dude I like you and think you’re cool. We’re pals. I don’t think you can blame this on survivors though. Seeing as everything that got nerfed on survivors was being called for by killers or people who play both with hella hours. 
    everything survivor nerfed is crawling all over killer forum asking for nerfs
     Here on the official forum
    Running perks(Bc loops)-killer forum
    bnp-gen rushing - killer forum
    faster pickups Bc flashlights- killer forum
    Self care Bc all the healing - killer forum
    Stealth should be more viable- killer forum maybe some survivors but mostly killers posting in survivors 
    gen rushinf(all the new perks that show survivors around generators or let killers know when one is close to completion- killer forum

survivors did not ask for this.
    anytime a survivor said they didn’t like the survivor changes they were bashed and told to git gud by killers.

im not crying this is just off observation alone. You can check around Bc it’s there. The devs gave killers exactly what they wanted. 

Dont push this on survivors

This goes back farther than the current issues Hero.

It started with the old infinite’s. Survivors abused the crap out of infinite’s in order to win games by making it impossible for Killers to even hit them. This was the start of the “Stall to win” meta Survivors abused the crap out of. However, this didn’t stop them from yelling at the developers day in and day out about how it’s “impossible to lose the Killer in a chase.” This was the start of the “balance” war. The developers fixed infinite’s with the entity blockers. Then the developers said no more stalling the Killer indefinitely, learn to juke and hide. 

Looping as its know today came about with Patch 1.4.0. Soon after Halloween Chapter released. This patch changed he Survivors hit boxes to be smaller, in order to make them harder targets to hit out in the open due to latency issues via peer-to-peer connection. The ######### hits at Pallets and window vaults were even worse before that as well. After a time, Survivors found out they could run circles around objects in tighter circles than Killers, thus, effectively negating the base game mechanic Killers are faster and can catch up to Survivors quickly, for brief short periods of time, over and over. This is Looping.

*Again* the balance of the game was thrown way off because Survivors found out they could “stall to win”. Not indefinitely, but easily long enough to win the game. 

Killers were just sick of it. Sick of Survivors always finding easy ways to break the balance of the game. The developers tried twice, and failed, to prevent the “Stall to win” meta. Survivors loved it though, because it was easy wins. The developers finally said screw it, just incorporate it into the game. 

Killers realized soon after, that they had no say so in which way the game was headed. Survivors kept finding ways to “stall to win.” The developers caved and just decided to incorporate “stall to win” tactics into the game, then focus the balance around it because, hey, it’s what the Survivors find “fun.” Killers stopped trying to influence the direction of the game, and instead just wanted balanced game play so they could have a chance in hell at winning. 

The Killers with all the “Git Gud’s”, it’s because they stopped caring *how* the game was played, just as long as the game was *balanced*. Many Killers just gave up trying to tell the Survivors and developers that the game was headed in the wrong direction. They were tired of fighting two wars. One for balance, one for the direction of the game play. So they focused on one. The balance, and let the other go. You can’t win them all, so Survivors got what they wanted with the gameplay, Killers are getting what they want with the balance. 

However, players like me are not happy with the way the game went. I hate Looping, however with the way the game is going, it’s going to be necessary soon (if it already isn’t). 

Fact is, the Survivors did ask for this. This is the gameplay they wanted, just not the balance they wanted. Killers were just along for the ride. Many stopped caring how the game was played, just as long as it was balanced enough that if they could win, it was fine. 

So, yes, I will blame Survivors. They started this mess with infinite’s. Then went to Looping. Now, here we are. The Killer needs no skill in finding and tracking Survivors. The Survivors need no skill in hiding and jukes. It’s now pure game mechanics.

Edit : Typo’s and grammer mistakes. 
    It’s okay I won’t pick your grammar apart, we’re not 5yrs old lololol. Ah okay your perspective makes a lot more sense now. I wasn’t around then to witness this. I knew looping was an issue, and still is. That’s very obvious. I didn’t know that , that’s the entire reason survivors were nerfed like this. I just noticed the nerfs reflected killer complaints. Again not complaining for anyone reading this, just discussing. I’m glad we can have a cool conversation. They should really work on another mechanic for survivors that gives them an incentive and reason not to loop. Not saying it wouldn’t still happen , but it would be less prominate. I just hope this game doesn’t turn into a one way street for survivors where it’s either you have to stealth all the time, or you have to get chased all the time.

anyways where did you end up on comparing notes about the clown? Any tips?😉
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    @HeroLives Grammer and spelling stuff is just me being picky of my own typing lol. 

I would absolutely love if they did that. I would like a balanced mix of both. Sadly, it’s always one extreme or the other with the devs. 

Comparing notes? Oh, you mean Tru3Ta1ent watching my Clown videos of me playing? Just concluded I “played too nice.” Game was just too fast to allow for me to “play nice” and let everyone get thier “off hook and heal.” 
  • Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

"THEY BROKE THE GAME FOR SURVIVORS"

Maybe for rank 20.. come on. I find the game even more fun after this patch, and we got some nice buffed perks to try.

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjkNNDuAb9A

Survivors with this patch. :)

• Yuki
    Yuki Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2018

In this new patch I haven't found how killers have benefit. Actually, I have seen many survivors who are not good at playing, immediately if they do not like something they rage quit and at the end are extremely crying and salty. Just stop crying and learn to play! Btw I'm main survivor.

Post edited by Yuki on
  • HeroLives
    @SovererignKing

I don’t think the changes are god awful. About the calm spirit though can doctor still see the scream notification even though you don’t scream? I know you still get the illusions.

in the next update/dlc I hope that we just get something new that’s not in game now. Like something completely new instead of reworks. 

I love the hag and trapper buffs, they are insane. I got wrecked by a rank 8 hag earlier it made me so happy. 

The new reworks are nice. probably won’t run Deja Vu much, but I like what they did with it. 

Yeah I’m sure you could be a cold killer, it’s probably just the survivor half of you trying to give them a chance. I have a set up that might work really great on clown.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    @HeroLives Doc can’t see the scream notification because you don’t scream. Yes, you still get the illusionary Doc at higher Madness tiers though.

I actually got a Hag daily right after he update. I got a 4K... sorta.Two DS’s really made things difficult for me. One on a non-obsession and one on the Obsession. The obsession and one other guy were last two, i slugged the Obsession who still had DS and went looking for the last guy. Found him and downed him, the Laurie was dropped right near hatch, so I went to go find her near it, couldn’t find her. So I went back to grab the David to proc BBQ to find her but he had Tenacity. They both bled out on the floor cause I couldn’t find them. This was Dank 5 and the two that beld out were Rank 2’s. 

I haven't faced a Trapper or Hag yet, I’ve gotten two Clown’s and a Myers. 

New rework of perks... I’m not sure I like them. Too much aura reading for Killers. It’s killing Stealth plays too much imo. Survivor ones are good though.

It usually is the Survivor in me that makes me “play nice”. Many times I go “Ok... i’ll Chase him/her who did the unhook” instead of the injured guy limping away... even when I’m down to 2 Gens left and everyone is left alive. I just can’t gelp but feel bad for the guy... then I end up screwing myself over in the process. 
  • HeroLives
    @HeroLives Doc can’t see the scream notification because you don’t scream. Yes, you still get the illusionary Doc at higher Madness tiers though.

I actually got a Hag daily right after he update. I got a 4K... sorta.Two DS’s really made things difficult for me. One on a non-obsession and one on the Obsession. The obsession and one other guy were last two, i slugged the Obsession who still had DS and went looking for the last guy. Found him and downed him, the Laurie was dropped right near hatch, so I went to go find her near it, couldn’t find her. So I went back to grab the David to proc BBQ to find her but he had Tenacity. They both bled out on the floor cause I couldn’t find them. This was Dank 5 and the two that beld out were Rank 2’s. 

I haven't faced a Trapper or Hag yet, I’ve gotten two Clown’s and a Myers. 

New rework of perks... I’m not sure I like them. Too much aura reading for Killers. It’s killing Stealth plays too much imo. Survivor ones are good though.

It usually is the Survivor in me that makes me “play nice”. Many times I go “Ok... i’ll Chase him/her who did the unhook” instead of the injured guy limping away... even when I’m down to 2 Gens left and everyone is left alive. I just can’t gelp but feel bad for the guy... then I end up screwing myself over in the process. 
    You don’t have to tunnel all of them at first.somewhere in the middle though yeah tunnel a guy out if you have to. Honestly it doesn’t matter what anyone thinks just play how it’s fun for you. We all have good matches and bad ones. Find what makes it enjoyable for you and do that.
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Nah m8. Sounds like somebody has some gittin gud to do