Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question about Rift charms.

Just curious if anyone has equipped them yet. Do they do anything? After you equip it on a character does it disappear after a match? Can you remove it from a character and use on another?

Answers

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

They're just cosmetics. Once unlocked, a charm can be equipped on ANY character, killer or survivor.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I have never equipped one. I don't think I ever will unless there is one of Matthieu's face. I love the selection of clothing cosmetics, but the charms don't really fit the game for me.

And everyone has the same boring charms.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

I use them on Survivors, when it fits with the Pants they are wearing. But I think they do not really fit with Hooks.

For Hooks I would have loved unique designs instead of Charms.

• Charlisse
    Charlisse Member Posts: 45

Do the charms do anything other than just for looks?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Nope.

Which is fine, the Rift Pass is paid content, it should not give any Gameplay Benefits.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited November 2019

@Charlisse

They're just for decoration... that's about it. They don't have any bonuses, powers, negative effects, or anything like that... it's just like a skin... but for hooks! It doesn't do anything for the overall character or game itself.

You keep all the charms you unlock and you can mix and match them in the customization tab where you would change your skins normally. They're quite cute and give a sort of "atmosphere" to the hook about who the Killer is....

Ok, maybe not really that but... it's more so for the style!

• Charlisse
    Charlisse Member Posts: 45

Ah thanks!