We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

First hook last survivor

Options
Allhel1
Allhel1 Member Posts: 56

Do you think if the last survivor hasn’t been hooked yet they should get their 3 attempts to get off the hook

First hook last survivor 65 votes

Give them the attempts
66%
Infinity_BoredLuigifan64StevoCamoRangerFibijeanarslaNJacoby2041TheLegendDyl4n1Micheal_MyersChmurkazKnucklesCJsDBDAzurlynxxEaKillermainBTWm8[Deleted User]BjarioHailohAngryFluffyPassarinoT 43 votes
Let them die
33%
MandyGibberishPhantomMask20763PandomDaddyTrappersGirlGamer00MiriamGTapeKnotMegaWaffleAven_FallenRaptorrotasGrimGrootDudeBlue_DiamondABannedCatHudsonRin_is_my_waifuDicklayciazmassaniSebaOutbreak 22 votes

Comments

• Allhel1
    Allhel1 Member Posts: 56
    Options
    Give them the attempts

It’s no guarantee you’ll win as you still have to get a gate open cause at that point hatch is closed and killer will most likely watch you die but it still should at least give you the chance

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,211
    Options
    Let them die

... It was changed just because of that futility you want to implement back.

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218
    Options
    Give them the attempts

The odds are against them but at least allow the poor soul the 3 attempts. The killer will be standing right there anyway...or should be.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Let them die

Giving the attempts is a waste of time for both players.

-Waste of time for the Survivor because the Killer is just gonna sit there anyways and immediately down them again, then wait 60 seconds for D.Strike.

-Waste of time for the Killer because they have to both wait for the Survivor to do their 3 attempts and then if they do get off wait another 60 seconds for D.Strike.

-Allows the Survivor to just waste even more of the Killer's time by not even attempting to escape at all, just staying on the hook for as long as possible out of spite.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Give them the attempts

I want to kobe on the killer's face even if it really does nothing

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Let them die

It used to be like that a long while ago. Person would get their three attempts, then get to do the whole struggle phase. There wasn't anything inherently wrong with it outside of just taking forever and being largely pointless. I'd rather not see it come back.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Give them the attempts

At least let me try to get the cheesy 1.5k BP

It would be a buff to deliverance and solo players on top.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Give them the attempts

If the killer runs away from me to close hatch, then I should be allowed to Kobe. Keep the skip for struggle, but let me at least have a chance for a yeet.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options
    Let them die

I can understand the arguments in favor of it. But what about when the poor soul unhook himself right in front of the killer ? I don't think it would change much.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,302
    Options
    Let them die

I would let them die. There is not really a point in having the 3 attempts, people might just hang there for another minute to waste the Killers time. And it would not change anything, even if they have a Kobe.

What I would like:

BPs for the Hook Stages you missed. There was an idea in the forum about that.

If you die during the EGC without being hooked, you gain 3k BPs in Survival. If you are a One-Hook, you get 2k BP and if you are a Two-Hook, 1k BP. So someone who is hooked the first time will still get 2k Survival BP, which is kinda nice in my opinion.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Let them die

You’d probably die anyway

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    Let them die

Just keep it as it is, no point in wasting everyone's time, give them extra bps in the survival category instead for being the final survivor in the match if they die

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,621
    Options
    Give them the attempts

Why not? Let the survivor has his small chance.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
    Give them the attempts

The killer will just camp last hook though lol. Needs to be implemented with like, a BT effect or something for it to matter, not sure how I feel about that.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Let them die

Completely pointless. Killer will just camp you and then slug.

The match is over at that point anyway. I'd rather just accept it and move on to the next.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options
    Let them die

As others have said all this will do is either draw the game out needlessly or the killer will just sit there. I don't see why the survivor should get a chance at free escape via hatch and then also get a 4% X 3 after getting caught...I think it would be a pointless change.

• Hudson
    Hudson Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Let them die

I think it makes the game just longer for no reason. As already mentioned, the killer will anyway just stay at the hook. So what will change / happen:

• You have to do the 3 unhook attempts and waste time on them.
    • If you unhook yourself, the killer will down you again.
    • After being downed again the killer will wait an additional minute, just in case you have decisive.
    • If you are even more unlucky, the killer will down you and then let you lie on the ground to search the hatch first, before hooking you. That's what I would do, just in case you unhook yourself and then use decisive or dead hard and stuff to go on a run for the hatch.
    • Some survivors will anyway not try to self unhook and just do nothing on the hook "to waste your time", because they expected to be instantly offered the hatch for being the last survivor alive.

So all I see by giving the last survivor the 3 unhook attempts is a waste of time for all remaining players.

I would more likely grant the last survior 1000 extra points, since they re not allowed to struggle for it.

• zmassani
    zmassani Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Let them die

It'll just add unnecessary time to the game (and the chances you'll get slugged or camped would be so damn high). Besides, if a survivor doesn't get hooked even once during the game while everyone else dies to their multiple hooks, they're probably doing something wrong.