Dead By Daylight Fanfilm Q&A!!! Please Vote Up!

Wamps
Wamps Member Posts: 308
edited November 2019 in General Discussions

Hey Everyone, My name is Phillip Wampler, I have made a Dead by Daylight fanfilm titled "Saved By Daylight". And I was hoping I could get some questions from fans of the game for our Cast Q&A? I would really appreciate it, even though I am very new to the forums. Thanks and I hope you enjoy the Fanfilm

**All Rights to Behaviour Inc.**

Post edited by Wamps on

Comments

• AGuyNamedKane
    AGuyNamedKane Member Posts: 71

What's the current release date?

Where will we be able to watch the film?

Where was it filmed? How long did it take? Do you have any favorite moments during filming? What was the most difficult part to film?

Which characters are featured in the film? Are any of the characters in the film going to be original characters that you created?

Also, I like the photo of Dwight. Looks really good!

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416

Sounds good, rather worried how it would work into a film, it's essentially an infinite loop of no escape and suffering, but a definite ambitious thing and 100% would watch it

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

Ok, I have some.

Q. Have you played DBD before this movie?

Q. Favorite killer and survivor?

Q. Favorite scene to film?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Are the Survivors there to survive and endure a 'nightmare' or just completely screwed by the 'killer'? assuming you keep the same dynamic.

If we all like this fan film, do you have bigger and better plans for future fanfilms to come?

What were the big challenges in making a dbd fan film?

• Alice_pbg

"Are the Survivors there to survive and endure a 'nightmare' or just completely screwed by the 'killer'? assuming you keep the same dynamic."

C'mon, don't ask for spoilers. XD

• Alice_pbg
    edited November 2019

I have some more.

For the effects guy (which I assume are practical because fan movies don't usually have the budget for cgi)

Q. How did you do the effects? (All of them, I love that stuff)

Q. Any effect you're particularly proud of?

Q. Any effect that got cut and you wish it didn't?

For costume guy.

Q. How was the process to make the costumes and outfits?

Q. Any particularly hard costume to make?

Q. Favorite one to make?

For the actors.

Q. How did you choose how to interpret your character?

Q. How do you feel about the fate of your character?

Q. How was it to play the killer?

For the writer.

Q. How did you decide on the plot?

Q. Any idea that had to be cut?

Q. How did you decide on what characters to use?

Q. Any character you wish you could have used?

Q. Anything that got changed on the spot?

In general.

Q. How do you feel about being involved in this film?

Q. How was everyone during filming?

Q. Are You keeping your costume?

Q. Any big "oh #########!" moment during filming?

Edit, some more.

General.

Q. Biggest inspiration while working on this film?

Q. Favorite kill?

Q. Favorite horror movie? (besides the one you worked on of course XD)

Ok...now I'm done. Until I think of some more XD

• Wamps

Guys! I'm loving ALL of this support and these questions! Keep them coming! And I will definitely have many of these on the Q&A. Let me know if you would also like to see a clip from the film as well as some more additional photos..

The link to the IMDB is below

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10150662/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Wamps

Being the Writer I can answer this, The Killer is Herman Carter AKA, The Doctor.. Alright, so first the Storyline is, Dwight wakes up in chains and blindfold in the basement of Lery’s Memorial institute along with Nea, Meg, Ace, David, Adam, Jake and Claudette, Not knowing how they got there and not knowing each other. In the scene we filmed you will see them just waking up, meeting each other and trying to figure out what’s going on, while also beginning to strategize how to escape the situation! You will also see Dwight become the “Leader” . They will need to work together to escape the fog. We've basically created one universe in which all of the characters live in the same city.. **Example everyone knows Meg, because of how good she is at cross country. Dwight and Meg go to the same school.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Looking forward to seeing it. I hope others follow in your footsteps. Short horror movies/fan films are always really fun to watch. Lerys memorial might finally get that shocking feeling of dread it deserves.

• Alice_pbg

Lots of black and white photos in the imdb page, is the movie gonna be black and white?

Kinda sad the killer isn't my boi Trapper... ngl. No kate either...?

But I understand, this isn't smash, we can't have everyone XD.

Looking forward to it. :)

• Wamps

Yes, the film is black and white, we went with more of a "Sin City" color palette..

It's interesting right as we started filming Kate and Clown were released and I loved Kate's lore, so I was trying to do everything I could to add her to the script/story. Unfortunately it just didn't click with the rest..

• Wamps

Glad you are excited! And we've really made Lery's a hellish place..

• Alice_pbg

Took a while to find this discussion... is there a release date?

• Wamps

Hey Weck, Still an Early December release date! Will update you when we know for sure! Glad you are excited!!

• newavitar
    newavitar Member Posts: 395

Please like, @ me or something when it drops. I wanna see this, I've wanted to put some actual effort into making a short with this game but never had the talent

• Wamps
  • Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

Dont forget to add DS, BT, adrelaline and dead hard to the film. Also you cant forget to t-bag the killer on a pallet and on the exit👍

Just joking GL with the film

• Wamps

It will be released in the coming weeks, we are in the editing process. Stay Tuned...