We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Charms: your opinion

Options
Dr_Loomis
Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

What do you think of the newly included charms available in the rift?

Charms: your opinion 96 votes

A great addition to the game
28%
myers_obsessionMister_xDFibijeandrimmalorshardsHatCreatureTheLegendDyl4n1ElkMiss_BritanniaAxX7891CJsDBDwhammigobambamGrootDudeBigbootiejudy666Boosted_DwightPhoxypperin[Deleted User]oh_0kEnderloganYT 27 votes
Pointless tat
44%
BossLuigifan64GibberishStevoDaddyTrappersGirlCL4P_TRAP_ERMiriamGAcesthetiicSpacingLlamasEnviouSLAYTapeKnotAshleyWBceerooverJacoby2041se05239Dolphin9192Micheal_MyersChmurkazKnucklesJawsIsTheNextKiller 43 votes
Ok but they don't fit the feel of the game
27%
FoggyDownpourKotentopfSeiko300kodiakyBlueberryCrtKazzJoyfulLeaderAven_FallenFog_KingTheRockstarKnightWalker_of_the_fog_96Blue_DiamondDreskiDonnycJiggleWigglePyroDudemusstang62PassarinoTCreepingcam1070DarootLeafstorm 26 votes

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options
    Pointless tat

You'd have to look harder for more pointless cosmetics in games.

• gaydavidking
    gaydavidking Member Posts: 158
    Options

I wouldn't say they're the best things 5ever or anything, but they're cute. What's the harm?

• PyroDude
    PyroDude Member Posts: 454
    Options

Some of them look neat but that's it.

My guess is they were only made so they fill gaps between cosmetics in the rift.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416
    Options

Customisations are always nice, puts your personal touch to the game to a level

• EnviouSLAY
    EnviouSLAY Member Posts: 300
    Options
    Pointless tat

its cool for killer hooks kinda..but overall they are tacky. But tacky isn't always bad.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

I just don't really feel like they belong.

I don't hate Charms, but I don't feel like they look good on Killer hooks or are visible enough on Survivors to really justify their existence as cosmetics. But that's just my IMO.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

Meh😒

• Creepingcam1070
    Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330
    Options

They are cool and all but I don't think we need them but hey I'm fine with them

• Knuckles
    Knuckles Member Posts: 218
    Options
    Pointless tat

As a visual it's ok...but that's about it.

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Options

Not great but not bad either. Some of them hardly stand out though.

But hey, more content is always welcome.

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Pointless tat

They're pointless, tacky and don't fit the game at all. Charms just feel like one of those ideas that shouldn't have left the drawing board.

Can the devs add a toggle option to remove charms from visibility?

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options
    Pointless tat

I really do not care about these at all.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options
    Pointless tat

Cute, but not for me.

Particularly not a fan that they hang on Hooks for Killers, meaning i'll only see them when i hook Survivors, and only for a second or 5.

• SanityNight
    SanityNight Member Posts: 101
    Options

They ate okay, don't get me wrong. I wish they went more along with the theme, for example maybe make them look like offerings instead? And I wish they were more noticeable on survivors.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

They're not like amazing. They're cute. They don't fit the feel of a horror game, but since I'd hardly call DbD a horror game, anyway, the charms are fine.

The only problem is that you can only use three at a time. Survivors have all that room around their waist to have a charm-bracelet-like belt with a dozen charms dangling from it. Hooks, too, could easily be covered top to bottom in charms. Might as well let players decorate their stuff like a grandma drowning her shelves in knickknacks.

• Miss_Britannia
    Miss_Britannia Member Posts: 165
    Options

I wish they were in a better place, like around the wrist or maybe somewhere you can see them.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options
    Pointless tat

I am not a fan of them, but my completionist instincts are telling me to collect them all.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

Needs more Sparkles! ✨ or Glows.

• Nyaren_Chan
    Nyaren_Chan Member Posts: 243
    Options

They're kinda cute, especially that Claudette plushie.. but unfortunately i first thought they would have an actual purpose ( Bonus BP ? .. )

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Options

I'm indifferent.

• Bigbootiejudy666
    Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 407
    Options

they're cute or whatevea

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Pointless tat

If only you had to actually EARN them would they be cool, but you can just buy your way through the rift like a dumbass (and yes, people have already done that for some reason) and get all the charms through BS ways. The only charms that are cool are the ones from the tones because those are the ONLY ones you can’t throw money at to get.

• Chmurkaz
    Chmurkaz Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Pointless tat

In my opinion they should do more than Just look good (not like you See them on survivors anyway unless you look close) like give 1% bonus in something (bonus to certain perks, speed of certain action but never running speed) like claudette one could give 1% faster healing and trapper 1% faster placing traps. Not much but at least they wouldn't be worthless

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

They said they won't have them affect gameplay like that because then it'd be pay-to-win. A small bonus to BP earning seems reasonable to me, though. I'd like that.

• UrbanEvading
    UrbanEvading Member Posts: 35
    Options

They’re nothing too special. I suppose it’s a nice addition for a little extra customisation. Other than that, they don’t really feel like they belong in this game.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    Pointless tat

I don't dislike them I just think they are just too small to even be considered 'desirable'.

If they had another purpose and Survivor charms were a little bigger then fine.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

I hope in time we will get charms that aren't just faces and perk icons. This can get very creative if they allow themselves and we all know that the design is amazing at making up some sick cosmetics, Hallowed Blight is an obvious indicator of that so I'm sure future charms will reflect their talent later.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited November 2019
    Options

If I could have selected both the "pointless" and "don't fit the feel of the game" I would have.

As it stands however, I feel more strongly about the fact that they don't fit the feel of the game at all than I do about their pointlessness. There's absolutely no reason that survivors should be wearing these and even less reason for killers to have these hanging on hooks since they're the ones who are supposed to be mindlessly bloodthirsty.

People say they're "mementos" but I feel that's a really loose line of thought, some of them just don't make any sense. Why would Ash Williams have a memento of Claudette? Are they friends? Lovers?? Why would David want a memento of the Pustula flowers? Why would Bill Overbeck have a little square with a plant on it symbolizing herbology?? You really think that guy cares about P L A N T S?

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576
    Options
    Pointless tat

I say pointless tat, but only from a killers POV, shouldn't we have severed heads, limbs on their hook to make it more gross and horror like? thy may as well as hang their smalls and their washing on there.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
    Pointless tat

If anything, they should of only included gruesome horror charms for the killers' hooks which fit the overall feeling eg medical objects for Doctor, dead animals for Hillbilly etc. But no. Here comes a Pop Vinyl to scare our opponents in to submission.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I mean, huntress has wooden toys and I’m pretty sure she’d be intimidating irl.

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688
    Options

I like them on the hooks, but I they are nothing special for survivors, in my opinion.

• JiggleWiggle
    JiggleWiggle Member Posts: 327
    Options

As a Quentin main i embrace them, bc its the only thing that can change his outfit.

But I don't use them on female survivors, I just think it doesn't match with the outfits and stuff.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

The hook Charms so far are underwhelming but I see potential. I wish Charms did something more though.

• DrVeloxcity
    DrVeloxcity Member Posts: 301
    Options
    Pointless tat

I have no idea what charms even do. It is not explained well.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
    Pointless tat

They do nothing.

They hang from the survivors' belt or the killers' hook.

• Dr_Loomis
    Options
  • Dr_Loomis
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Pointless tat

I think it would be more appropriate to have rusty hanging traps for Trapper, dead animals for Hillbilly, broken masks for Legion, Blair Witch style hanging decorations for Hag etc...you know things that would look in place with the killers and their environments.

Not ruddy toys and keyrings.

This is meant to be a sinister horror game not the setting for some neckbeard's Youtube toy review video.

Crispying Duck!