Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Question to any dev who may read this.

Will "Tinkerer" be reworked in the new update? It's a perk that doesn't effect and of Freddy or Pigs addons which is disappointing as I can see lots of potential using Tinkerer on Freddy for an even shorter dream transition and I'd love to see Tampered Timer effected by Tinkerer.

Comments

• MrDrakanator
    MrDrakanator Member Posts: 47

Tinkerer is certainly a weird perk that I would like to see be re-worked, I don't like the idea of a perk which relies on the killer running add-ons to began with. I think a perk working well on some killers and not on others is cool, and should be a part of the game. But like you say, some killers it literally has NO use on, and poor Doctor can only be HINDERED by Tinkerer if anything.

• MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80

The problem with tinkerer is that it only affects add-ons that increase/reduce the charge of the killers ability. Neither the timer or dream transition are "charge times" for the killers ability. Both Pig and Freddy have instant abilities, once you press M2 to put someone in dream transition or put a RBT on someone's head, you can't cancel that action anymore.
    You'd have to rework Tinkerer for it to work with every singe killer. In what way? I don't know, but there are a lot of possibilities.

• MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80

@SaltyKiller said:
    Last I heard that they were going to nerf Huntress' add-ons because of Tinkerer but that was back in August.

I hope they don't. Base Huntress is decent, but her add-ons are what actually make her deadly. I've played against machine gun Huntress and it's actually pretty fun. It changes the game from being a benny hill chase to a some what duck hunt minigame. Her add-ons are probably the strongest compared to any other killer, but her add-ons should be the base line add-on strength level for all killers.

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135

Tinkerer is certainly a weird perk that I would like to see be re-worked, I don't like the idea of a perk which relies on the killer running add-ons to began with. I think a perk working well on some killers and not on others is cool, and should be a part of the game. But like you say, some killers it literally has NO use on, and poor Doctor can only be HINDERED by Tinkerer if anything.

It's also odd that pig isn't affected seeing she uses alot of mechanical things to manipulate her ability. 

I've always seen tinkerer as a perk that should affect physical mechanics at the very least, whereas with wraith or nurse or even Freddy, their powers and add-ons tend towards a more mystical approach.

Also HAI DRAK