Idea For Ruin Redesign

Options

I posted a thread a little while back talking about Gen Repair Speed nerf; but this thread is for the perk Ruin.

I am fairly confident Totem Spawns will not be satisfactory for a long long time to come (unoptimistic speculation - sadly). So my idea is this:

Ruin - Any survivor repairing a generator INJURED suffers from afflicted skill-checks. Succefully hitting a GREAT skill-check grants no progression to repairs. Hitting a GOOD skill-check reduces repair progress by 3/4/5%.

Repair skill-checks have a 10% increased chance of appearing while INJURED.

*this perk will no longer be a Hex perk*

Comments

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Keep it a hex perk (with its current functions) and make this the effect once it's cleansed.

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

But that would be the tiniest of changes. My idea behind this perk change makes it the counter to Adrenaline and the secondary use of DS. So survivors repairing injured are somewhat slowed from getting out for free. And obviously combined with other slow-down perks like Sloppy, it would actually be a nice perk to run. Instead of being a passive throw-away perk for 90% of matches played. And survivors can't destroy the perk either which is always nice lol

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

I think you misinterpreted what I said. I said make this the effect once ruin is cleansed aka add this on TOP of already existing ruin.

• Onyx_Blue
    Options

@AsePlayer ahhh, yeah I think I did lol

Yeah that would be cool, only down-side would be that it alters tbe function of Hex perks. Ie the concept is that they only have an effect when the totem is still in play

• Onyx_Blue
    Options

@ScornfulEpex

Are you serious?

There is so much evidence to prove you wrong. First of all, map size will always be an issue, since not every map can be small otherwise it will be boring. Killers impact on generators without perks is very minimal: they take 1.5 seconds to kick and begin regression of a gen, and a survivor takes 0.05 seconds to tap the gen and halt the regression.

Genrushing isn't an illusion, it is a fact of the game being in an unbalanced state. Any skill level of survivors can do gens in the time it takes for a killer to patrol to a gen, and down someone. The typical/average game has a trade of 1 hook for 2 gens, at the start. Is that fair? A killer gets 1/12 of 100% towards winning for 1 hook - survivors get 2/5 of 100% towards winning out of that trade.

There needs to be changes to, both, mechanics of the game and perks

• deadbyjeff
    deadbyjeff Member Posts: 52
    Options

all hex perks need to be redesigned entirely and i think they mentioned they will be looking into that somewhere along the line on the y3 anniversary event

• Onyx_Blue
    Options

@DocOnLoose

But what happens if they don't get a skillcheck? There needs to be a secondary function to it that gives it the effect it needs.

• Onyx_Blue
    Options

Yeah it is, a perk that effects skill-checks not having any quality to it that boosts what it does is odd. Look how often it is right now that survivors have done about 2 full gens and not gotten a skill-check. Unnerving Presence has this aspect to it; it'd be cool to have more perks do this. Current Lullaby, Ruin etc would benefit from this addition

• EuphoricBliss35
    EuphoricBliss35 Member Posts: 875
    edited November 2019
    Options

My idea for ruin change was:

1) keep it the same

2) add “once cleansed, Ruin’s effect lasts for 80/100/120 seconds”

• BearWolf_51
    BearWolf_51 Member Posts: 87
    Options

If you want a unnerving presence effect, use unnerving presence. Otherwise, what will be the use of unnerving presence? Besides, doing gens with no Skill Checks is VERY RARE, do multiple and you just wasted the luck of your entire life. The redesign DocOnLoose suggested it's already way too good. The players will be cursed until the killer has 5 hooks. It's a ruin that can't be removed unless you let yourself get hooked and your teammates do the same. Otherwise, the only way you can get gens done early game is if you're very good at doing great skill checks or being lucky as you said. Suggesting that a perk that already sounds OP to get a bonus of increasing chances of skill checks sounds insane (even more if combined with unnerving presence. The killer just has to be on the map to prevent ANY gens to be done) and it would be impossible for anyone that can't get great skill checks every time to do gens (new and average players).

• Onyx_Blue
    Options

Honestly, it is a cool idea, and if they do change Ruin, it would need to be decided on what kind of slow-down perk it would be. Do they make it an insanely strong early game perk like Doc's idea? Or do they make it a perk that rewards passively for certain criteria like my idea? Or do they look at a different aspect of it and do a combination? We all know perk changes are coming, I just hope we see a change that actually feels like you're getting use out of the perk slot (which, Hex totems right now do not)