We are investigating an issue around players not receiving their Grade Rewards today, we will give more information as it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.

New Killer Idea

Options
Alpha_Wolf500
Alpha_Wolf500 Member Posts: 2

So I thought a really good idea for a killer could be jack the ripper. While some people might not want this because it was a real person, if Jack The Ripper were to be a killer it could have a lot of potential. I have no idea what the perks would be, I have an idea for the power and one add-on. Shadow Bound would be the name of his power. While using his power you become a black shadowy figure that has no red stain or heartbeat. If you step into a shadow you become completely invisible but if you use your power you can only stay in the shadows for 30 seconds. You could also reveal him like ghostface. if you stab someone while using the power you give them the mend status effect and you don't get revealed unless you miss a lunge or you get revealed by a survivor. An add-on could be Infected knife While using this if you stab a survivor while using the power their mend timer is halfway depleted.

New Killer Idea 20 votes

Add Jack The Ripper
65%
TerminatorGuyJiren24XxkuroxshiroxXPistolTimbRaven014palletsryummypichumudkipoh_0kSherryvossler25Allhel1Alpha_Wolf500garrasintruder 13 votes
Don't add Jack The Ripper
35%
White_OwlStar99erTapeKnotAhoyWolf[Deleted User]PigMainClaudetteBloodwidow 7 votes

Comments

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434
    Options
    Add Jack The Ripper

I think Jack would be neat. If other games like Assassin's Creed Syndicate and even Identity V can have him as a playable character, then he sure as hell can be in DBD. It's only fair for the people who want him and liked playing as him in those games.

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Add Jack The Ripper

Perks

Dark alley: when going through tight spots (pallet areas or anything that type of space or less) become undetectable, effect persists for 4/6/8 seconds (or hex version for 10/15/20 which would you prefer to deal with as a survivor and which seems better as a killer?)

ladies of the night: gain bloodlust 30%/35%/40% quicker when chasing the killer's opposite gender, genderless killers (Demogorgon I have no idea if it's male or female so adding it in) gain 15%/17.5%/20% standard instead

Hex: Who is Jack the ripper: all dull totems unassigned become hex, each totem gives undetectable for 3/4/5 seconds after successful hit (if 5 remain it's 5X5 making 25)

Power: headlines: everyone will know the terror brought by Jack the ripper, activate and increase TR by 30 meters, a great thick mist equivalent to 5 purple mist boost offering is formed equal to TR, killer unaffected by this, lasts 30 seconds and recharges in a minute

Add ons can decrease recharge time, add statuses like blind, red inflicts exposed, increased range, make skill checks more often and difficult

Anything to add

Yes I know the power and perks seem to clash negatively buuut listen, in a chase, the power isn't gonna help in corridors, and it makes walking down corridor sized locations really tense, but can make killer movements a bit predicable just not the exact spot, and chases can be more interesting if your survivor could result in an better choice for chases or worse, I was gonna say female only but then female survivor wouldn't be seen, but you'll see 2 males 2 females more often, so half will be nice for a killer other half normal, or its Demogorgon and it's just a bit easier in chases overall, which I find a nice little thing, for legion, it's cosmetic based, legion players would make use of that nicely, seeing how many males and females there are and make the perk more efficient, none of it is overpowered I feel, and can make alot of killers more playable without being OP, back to jack, looks will be easy, top hat, black coat, face mask the weapon is a knife, simple yet intimidating

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    Options
    Add Jack The Ripper

Good power idea: he jumps into a locker and can teleport to other lockers at will. When he jumps out, he has the undetectable status effect for a good chunk of time. He could have some passive bonuses to make up for having a power that doesn't help in a chase. Something like the faster vault speed and longer lunge Myers gets.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    Add Jack The Ripper

Not sure... I'd want it to be the more historically accurate one than the one in Identity V or Assassin's Creed.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options
    Add Jack The Ripper

Main ability: Throwing Knives:

He can carry 3 that recharge 1 for every 30 seconds. They deal one health state of damage, but take three to fully down a survivor (That way he's not just a better huntress). From healthy to Injured, injured to DW, DW to downed.

Each killer's power should help in a chase, however indirect. That could be a good secondary ability.

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

I don't know if I'd be able to handle yet another stealth killer. We already got 4, that's more than enough. I'd rather have something a bit more unique. I wouldn't want another teleporting/phasing killer either. We already have 4 of those as well, 5 if spirit counts. Literally half the killers in the game have one of those two things in their power

If his power wasn't stealth or teleporting though I'd be cool with it. I wouldn't want it, but I'd be okay with it.

• Alpha_Wolf500
    Alpha_Wolf500 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Add Jack The Ripper

Jacoby2041 would this be a good power and perks. Also vossler25 amazing idea

• vossler25
    vossler25 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    Add Jack The Ripper

Thank you, i had to really think of the perk and power names more than what they do

• TapeKnot
    TapeKnot Member Posts: 248
    Options

Besides my opinion on the killer, shouldn't this idea be in Fan Creations rather than General Discussion?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

I think he's a bit over used in the horror genre.