So now Freddy = DC?

Options

So for the last several days almost every time I play Freddy I have had survivors DC either as soon as they see who the killer is or immediately after being downed the first time. Is this seriously how the survivor community reacts to a killer being reworked? Oh this killer is more powerful now so I'm not even going to attempt to put up a fight.

I follow the "survivor rules" and don't tunnel or camp to give people a chance. Freddy is so much fun to play not to mention one of my favorite horror icons. Now it's such a gamble if I'll even get to play a decent match with him. I hope the devs are paying attention to this stuff.

Comments

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489
    Options

I haven't DC'd against the new Freddy yet, but whenever I see Chains and Swings I roll my eyes thinking its going to be one of those games, not difficult to beat but you're in for a potentially slow, long game.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

I am a rank 14 killer. Not super great! Only occasionally get 4k.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options

Can we just have one killer who specializes in Slowdown please? Just one.

Like genuinely slowdown the game if you stay in his world.

This is Freddy Krueger we're talking about. The Dream World is his world. So of course he would do something like slowing down generator repairs.

Freddy is not even anti-loop. His snares and pallets are great but they are nowhere near overpowered.

I just.. I'm desperate because I don't want him to be nerfed. I love playing as him too much.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I'm with you! The dream world mechanic is one of the most unique things in this game. There is no reason people can't deal with an occasional slowed down match.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

Just wait for the full release of servers so that we can FINALLY get harsher punishments for quitters.

• OGBatDad69
    OGBatDad69 Member Posts: 32
    Options

Your favorite horror icon is a child molester? Wow!

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

It's because of the Legion, Nurse, and future Spirit changes. More Survivors are starting to think that if they DC against something they don't like, then the devs will nerf it. Survivors don't like that Freddy is strong, so they're just going to keep DCing until the devs nerf him again and they won't stop until every Killer is garbage tier and can easily be bullied.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

He was only explicitly labelled that in the remake. I grew up on the films in the 80's when he was only a child killer.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

I don't mind Freddy. Never DC'd against him, but I find the "Forever Freddy" build to be extremely boring to go against. Pop, Ruin, Thana and Dying Light (most of the time one of these are replaced with BBQ so he can locate which gens are been worked on) with slowdown addons. He can remove any progress you've made everytime he downs a survivor and it takes forever for you to get the gen back to where it originally was. Meanwhile he can spam his snares midchase without any cooldown or he can put 10 pallets on a map, it's hard to tell which ones are real unless you just were put to sleep.

I don't think Freddy is OP or should be nerfed in any way, but I along with most people think that Freddy with all slowdown perks/addons is extremely boring to go against. Holding M1 is the most boring part of the game after all.

• WINTERS
    WINTERS Member Posts: 127
    Options

This is why I hate the remake because of them changing Freddy's background story. I will never acknowledge such a stupid change. Freddy is my favorite movie killer and in the game.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

I think that's fair. But I believe those bulids are only run rarely. I don't run that sort of overkill slowdown build and I rarely run into a Freddy running that type of build as survivor.

The problem is people are DC'ing before they can possibly know that type of build is being run. It would be different if people were giving up 40 min into a match because they can't get any objectives done. That's not what's happening. The vast majority of Freddy's don't run those builds because they know people will quit against them.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

Wasn't he originally going to be a child molester but they changed it to child killer for the 80s films?

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

They never come out and say it in the original movie, but the implications are clear as day, especially in the scenes between Nancy and her mother.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    edited November 2019
    Options

Oh definitely, didn't mean to make it sound like every Freddy uses that build. I've run into a couple though since the rework, but more with normal builds. When I play Freddy I usually don't have anyone DC, but I'm not a Freddy main, I play a variety of killers, mostly Pig and Bunny Momma. When I play surv I haven't noticed people DCing more against Freddy than any other killer. It usually doesn't take long to see if you're going against a Forever Freddy. Usually you can tell from the very first hook. If you're affected by both Remember Me and Thana and slowdown addons then the probability of him having Pop and BBQ is pretty high.?

I do not condone of DCing because of a specific killer or build, but I somewhat get why some people do it and I'm guilty of having done it myself a few times.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

Couple days ago I was doing Wraith daily and loaded into Thompsons house where cow tree spawned on shack side so it was 100% loss for me as I play "fair". 2 survivors still dc'ed as I slugged them instead of tunneling and eating their ds so there is no limit to some survivors entitlement.

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Options

So what I hear you saying is Wraith is the new Freddy? Better NERF HIM NOW!!! Lol

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options
  • Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    edited November 2019
    Options

The problem is that the "punishment" is a joke, it might happen someday somewhere to someone but reality is as soon as some entitled people feel like "this is not fun / i don't bully that person / wait somebody else is having fun aside from me?" they dc, many streamers are fine with it. They preach about yeah i don't encourage but i understand <3

All just a bunch of entitled snowflakes, in any other game the people playin, the people makin the game would say f* em. When suddenly 1week cooldown would be at stake for not playing, they might actually try to deal with stuff but until that happens and the devs cave into every outcry when it is not about balance and just i am not having fun and the reason for that will always be replaced. You saw it with nurse, balanced around some 0.1% top nurse mains, now step right up spirit pls, while I do agree that to some degree they have flaws and needed work on their addons what behaviour did was handhold people that suck at the game and cry about noed, when in reality noed is such a bad perk that it is not even worth to waste the time on cleansing a dull totem, when killer has it, fine do cleanse it after activation otherwise do objectives.

As long as bhvr is okay with "$§!* that i dc" and cry on forums cause no fun, no counterplay and they do not bother to punish these people nothing is being balanced. You can end trials so fast in this game that the killer skill is almost completely irrelevant.

Seems like i lost the bet with my friends, i wondered what people gonna cry about after spirit, i had billy in mind but seems like it will be freddy afterwards. Maybe at some point we balance the game but not as long as this is tolerated.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Honestly, I disliking facing both these Killers (I loathe the Wraith with an explainable and confusing amount of ire) and wouldn't mind them being nerfed. But that is just me being selfish and know Wraith is actually fine.

Freddy on PS4 feels like ACTUAL bs half the time though.

• Ranster
    Ranster Member Posts: 7
    Options

I admit legion is a bit weak but I play him often at red ranks with a build I always use, ruin, BB&C, sloppy butcher and thanataphobia, and usually get 3 kills sometimes 4 kills if I feel like slugging. I hate how people say that he's so bad like other killers like plague and pig but i think they're pretty good if you play them properly. In my opinion "weak" killers are just played improperly or the survivors are stronger than anticipated. I don't want to make too much of a discussion since this post is about Freddy, not legion, but I'll tie it in by saying that i get a lot of DCs as legion especially when they see me running iridescent button and recovery add-ons. It's definitely not just Freddy.

• justarandy
    justarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Options

The only time I see survivors dc is when it's a forever Freddy build. I don't agree with DCing, however I can absolutly understand why they do this. Forever Freddy is suuuuuper boring and annoying to go against.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438
    edited November 2019
    Options

It not as if Freddy is op, but he is boring to play against. Freddy can literally do what every killer does to the point where you asked, what is the point playing?

He has map pressure by being able to teleport to gens.

He has snare portals (whatever they are called) to stop pretty much all loops or fast vault (If you are a smart killer).

He also has dream pallet which becomes very strong during late game where most pallets are gone and you can used that to trick suriviors (granted the killer can't dream snares with this add on).

He can turn invisible at a certain distance.

He can slow down gen speed when in just dream world and can use ruin with other perks to slow the game down. So you can understand how boring it is being on a gen doing one thing for over 100 seconds. Granted this is also with an add on.

When a surivior is in his dream world. The dream portal would usually spawn very far away which makes it a long journey. While in the dream world a lot of perks such as borrowed time becomes useless.

His lunge attack can be quite ridiculous.

It isn't as if he needs a nerf but limit the number of powers he has in return of buffing other powers that haven't been removed.

Post edited by Zoldyar on
  • bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351
    Options

If he's forever freddy and he downs me, I die in hook. I've got better things to do than hang out in a match for 30 minutes.

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288
    Options

Probably you are ironic, but assuming you or someone else think this is true, I'm starting to believe otherwise.

When asked if Spirit is over performing because of the DCs @Peanits answered that they can filter out DCs. Now the question is: if you already can filter out DC, why is it so common? Why is the threshold for a ban, temporary or permanent, so high?

My stance is that Devs are afraid to alienate their player base: DbD players DC a lot, if they would start to punish them harshly they fear a massive drop in players, and that's where we are.

You (Devs) don't want to ban too easily people DCing which may be crashing? That's fair, everyday I get a "Disconnected from Host" at least a couple of times even if I doubt the killer DCed, I wouldn't want him or me to be panned for that, but at least put a 10 minutes timer on joining another game!

Yeah, it would suck for me to wait when I didn't do anything wrong, if that was to happen, but if this could at least try to discourage those serial DCers you have to do it.

..but I fear they won't.

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255
    Options

i have a question : Do you guys count any matches where someone dc'd?

Because the match is more in killer's favor the fewer survivors are in a match thus resulting in more kills. Do you count those killer where the survivor are in disatvantage when someone dc's?

• Nobsyde
    Options

I'm very happy to hear it from you!

And I apologise if my message seemed to be too confrontational; I sincerely trust that you want to improve the game as a whole, it's just that the DC problem is a very long standing one, people (me at least) get frustrated when they don't see any change.

The simple acknowledgement of what is wrong and, most importantly, how to act on it is a huge thing :)

• HamdaN
    HamdaN Member Posts: 343
    Options

forever freddy is silly. it only requires a few brain cells to play

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

On ps4 I don’t really see a lot of DC against freddy since the rework. I used to see a lot more before the rework. Maybe it’s different on pc or Xbox.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,402
    Options

All matches are saved. We can choose whether or not we want to filter them out, compare the two, or look for trends between the matches where people disconnected versus those where people didn't (e.g. Is a specific add-on always used?).

Overall, the matches with disconnects tend to look very similar to matches without (on average).

• Rinthespooki
    Rinthespooki Member Posts: 255
    Options

that is a bad decision to include matches with disconnects because "they look similar" , but then again my feedback is thrown into the bin.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,402
    Options

Correct. This is why they can and are filtered out, as mentioned earlier.

• Nobsyde
    edited November 2019
    Options

I think his point is that even if they would consider games with DC in their statistics, the outcome wouldn't change very much, and this is something important to realise for some people who think that their statistics are broken because of DCs.

Still, they are filtered out so there's not even something to debate on :P.