So now Freddy = DC?

Options
13»

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

People realized that they can have killers nerfed by DCing, so now I guess they've found their next target.

• DeKillerKiller
    DeKillerKiller Member Posts: 547
    Options

You arent even running a full Forever Freddy build. Dafuq is wrong with them?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,019
    Options

I think my build is pretty well balanced. Has abit of tracking, and abit of chase potential.

• DeKillerKiller
    Options

Yeah, it is pretty balanced. Which is why I wonder why they DCed.

• LordGlint
    edited November 2019
    Options

They DC as soon as they saw the addons, so no time to see the perks. Its funny though that in one of those pictures, one of the survivors tried to really stick to their guns and complained about surge of all things...Dude is using OoO, but my surge is a problem, lol.

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

One of three things. First is they don’t even wait to see if it’s Forever Freddy, they just DC as soon as they log in and see the dream countdown starting.

Second they may feel just the Rope is enough slowdown to annoy them.

Third, they see other people and even streamers complain and DC so they see Freddyb and think it’s the cool thing to do.

• DeKillerKiller
    Options

So basically none of those reasons are valid reasons to disconnect. Gotcha.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2019
    Options

If the killer knows what he is doing and he is using dream (snares) the killer whil most likely 4k since he can end an loop emidietly

• johnmwarner
    Options

Exactly! I mean out of all the DCs you see, against Freddy or anyone else, how many have really valid reasons to DC? 1 out of 100 maybe

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

This is why I really don't buy the "everyone runs forever Freddy builds" argument. Even if that were the case at red ranks, there are many many people who enjoy this game who are not at red ranks. In fact I assume red rank players are a statistical minority.

@Peanits I hope the devs are paying attention to the amount of interest this thread has generated. I do believe that you all are working on some way of addressing it when dedicated servers are out of the testing phase. I just hope this happens soon since it's clear that a subgroup of this community is actively trying to undermine the BHVR teams' game design choices and ruin the viability of one of the most unique killers in this game.

From reading all of these posts you can see that the majority of players do not condone this behavior and want to see it punished. What is alarming to me is the fact that you have people who see nothing wrong with openly stating on this forum the reasons and circumstances where they feel DC'ing is acceptable.

• necromeat
    necromeat Member Posts: 24
    Options

I would say the big disconnect in this game is the large spectrum of players and experiences. Example, some people are bringing a team with 3-4 tool boxes, and are on comms and such. In this case even with freddy add ons and gen slowing abilities, you are about to have a game on your hands. A hectic one at that. But if you are someone thats red or purple ranks, you are by yourself, maybe you have a rank 14 thrown into the game and you get rank 3 freddy with all the bells and whistles, your chances of getting a negative 1 are pretty high, in my experience of course. At this point I am in the camp that you need to just realize that playing certain killers sometimes means modifying your tactics. This is a harder thing for people to do than most realize. But for instance, against him, perhaps you have to take stealth very seriously and also take your time as its going to be a long game so pallets are more valuable. I find it interesting for challenges like that as if every killer was easy to defeat and I could use the same tactics on all of them, what is the point of playing the game, right? So I think if people approach the game with that mind set, everyone gets better at the game and as a whole games are more challenging, varied and enjoyable. Excited to hear other thoughts and opinions!

• LordGlint
    Options

Plenty of killers can end loops immediately. Trapper, Hag and Clown can be countered...

• Lost_in_the_Fog
    Lost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 452
    Options

Thank you for sharing your viewpoint. I've often wondered the same thing when reading posts of those at higher ranks. I do think a lot of people have the mentality that they've put in sooooo many hours that they shouldn't have to change up their strategy. This is why every time a change is introduced there is an immediate outcry for the devs to immediately need everything.

It's seems some people are unwilling or maybe feel like they've committed so much time that they shouldn't have to adapt. I also find it interesting that people at red ranks complain about facing the same few killers but they can't see that it's because they've locked themselves into the "meta build" and have stopped being creative with their builds. There are perks that exist that can counter Freddy. They just happen to not be the small handful of perks that top ranked players have chosen to limit themselves to. I'm assuming the Freddy changes were made to try to break people out of the survivor "meta build." Unfortunately some people refuse to make these changes.

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102
    Options

I've noticed a bunch of purple ranks dc when i use freddy, and i use common or uncommon add ons. People are just petty and ruin it for everyone and then i get messages from the remaining survivors that i was supposed to let them escape because someone on their team dc'd......

• ArrowTheGreat11
    ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306
    edited November 2019
    Options
  • ArrowTheGreat11
    Options

And you’re using the jump rope and outdoor rope, so you just proved my point ???????

• mike2835
    mike2835 Member Posts: 83
    Options

I've had a ton open people DC on Freddy, but it's been going on for a while, not just the new version.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    Options

Hes the new S+ tier killer. But people dc even with Legion this days.

• DeKillerKiller
    Options

Your argument is that every Freddy main is running the Forever Freddy Build.

I only run PGTW because I do need some generator repairs to be halted, and I am not running Paintbrush meaning they can wake each other up whenever they want.

Care to tell me how that is the Forever Freddy Build again? Oh wait, you can't. Because it isn't.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    Options

Forever Freddy is using slow down add ons with slow down perks. While in dream state you can slow progress of gen repair. PGTW makes it take longer after you kick the gen. That is a Forever Freddy build that you just ran because you’re slowing gen progression with your addons

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

The DC trend should make it more obvious than ever that people want the game to be balanced around what lets them win, not what is actually fair or balanced.

• johnmwarner
    Options

I agree, as someone who actually plays Freddy I almost always use chains and rope and I consider that slow enough. Running any combo of Ruin, sloppy, pop, Thana after that makes it a forever Freddy.

Ive done the super crazy slow Ruin, Thana, butcher and pop all at once and it wasn’t even fun for me. I got a 4 kill but I think the game took almost half an hour. I’d rather lose in 15 minutes and move on, which also means more fun I hope for the survivors.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Haven’t had that problem with Freddy, just Ghost Face. 90% of the time the first person I stalk and down disconnects

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

So then how do you filter out when people just give up and let the killer kill them instead? Because I've honestly had this quite a lot as Spirit. I hook a guy for the first time, they struggle and die, now there are 3 survivors with 4-5 gens and there is very little chance the rest are getting out.

I'd like to ask that you filter out the games where a survivor dies within the first 2 minutes of the game, just to eliminate these games where survivors give up. Because even against the best killer player playing the strongest killer, you shouldn't see someone die within 2 minutes like that. Dying that fast is almost 100% on purpose.

• mutabletiger4
    mutabletiger4 Member Posts: 185
    Options

They feel locked in to specific builds because people want to "win", and you can't do that if gens pop fast which they occasionally do

• DeKillerKiller
    Options

While in the dream state

If you're not asleep then my addons are useless. And PGTW only works if I get hooks. In which case I'm already trying to snowball the survivor team away from victory, and the PGTW pop is my reward for playing well.

My build promotes me to play well, not to slow down generators. If I can keep people in the dream world, that means generators won't be finished as long as they stay there. If they go out, I need to put them back in and so on.

Are you seriously trying to argue my build is anything like a Forever Freddy build? A build that makes the game just completely slow down to a crawl?

• Atrushan88
    Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,084
    Options

Slowed down is one thing, but Dying Light + Ruin + Pop is already slowing the game down to a crawl on most normal killers. Add Red Paint Brush and Swing Chains and you're never gonna get a gen done. You have to sit there forever. Imagine if you took 80 seconds to hook someone, and then survivors had addons that could make that time longer. I'm not saying DCing against it is right, but it's certainly a little more than a minor annoyance to see a Freddy with those 3 perks. The problem isn't Freddy imo, it's more than some killers want the gens to go so slowly that no one ever gets out, so BHVR comes up with more and more perks specifically to do that, not thinking about how strong they are paired together, while ALSO having a killer that naturally slows the game down with two addons that make it so that the only time you can realistically prevent that slowdown for even a little while is to be hooked(seriously, try walking to a clock every time you fall asleep. You'd never get the gens done).

• johnmwarner
    Options

Uhm survivors DO have addons that make it take longer for you to hook them. At a basic level Balanced, sprint burst, lithe all give you enough distance on a killer to add at least 5 seconds to a chase, more if it lets you get to another pallet.

• Atrushan88
    edited November 2019
    Options

I said hook, as in the charge bar while hooking them that goes up in a second. Imagine if survivors had an addon that made standing there and hooking someone you were carrying take even 15 seconds.

That's basically Swing Chains/Jump Rope + Red Paint Brush + Ruin + Dying Light + Pop, except even longer while on a gen, sitting still, doing nothing. Btw none of these things only give 5 extra seconds afaik. Thanataphobia I believe gives like 12 extra seconds with everyone injured.

The things you're complaining about in your post have nothing to do with what I'm saying. If you're in a chase, you're actively doing something. If you're sitting on a generator for another 40+ seconds, you're literally stuck sitting still.

• johnmwarner
    Options

Thana does add 12 seconds IF all four are injured at once, dying light requires the killer to hook people, those are both rewarding the killer for doing something. If you’re all injured at once, why? That’s the point of the build is to punish people who choose gen rush for adrenaline over regular healing.

• Atrushan88
    edited November 2019
    Options

I never said Thanataphobia on it's own was overpowered. I just said imagine if someone had all of those things adding up to 40 seconds on one single generator. It would mean you'd be sitting there humping a generator forever, only for them to take off another 30+ seconds with Pop when they hooked someone. In fact, my only thing was that I said none of the perks only added 5 seconds, and that Thanataphobia added like 12 seconds, for comparison. It was you who used the measly "5 seconds" to a chase comment about other perks that were not related in the slightest to what I said.

I said imagine if you had to wait even 15 seconds standing still in the hooking animation, how boring, unfun, and pointless it would feel to even hook survivors. With a build focused on gen slowing, on a killer who has addons for gen slowing, it makes everything feel pointless. The game isn't really moving anywhere. You're not making any progress. 15 extra seconds alone is a crazy amount, but imagine if that was 40+.

I see this as a problem more with the fact that there are SO MANY game slowing perks that are constantly being added, rather than Freddy. The devs didn't realize that people would run way more than one, and they caused this snowball effect where when they're all used together the game basically never moves for survivors.

Post edited by Atrushan88 on
  • Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

I agree that at least on red rank on PS4, I run into this a lot. And I have not disconnected however I can see why a lot of people do. It's super boring and I think he has way too many gimmicks.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

Had an awesome DC punishment idea today: Reporting! If you DC, tell us why.

150 words minimum and must pass a spelling and grammar check. (No “fghfghfghfg” or repeating words accepted). Once you’ve described the issue that caused the DC, you may then look for a new match. We need a new description each time. No copy/paste as it must be at least 10% different from your previous report.

Used the “leave match” button? Tell us why?

Lost your connection? Describe what happened when you get back into the game.

This provides us with valuable information to improve the user experience! BHVR thanks you for your input!

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited November 2019
    Options

I get why; Freddy is assumed to always be running pop, ruin, forever freddy add-ons. I don't run that stuff but get some people DC instantly as soon as they realise because of who I am. Depressing, but I understand why.

Especially when you consider that these builds are combined with the bloated kit he has thats not that fun to go against.

• ArrowTheGreat11
    Options

Buddy, everyone stays in the dream state. Every 60 seconds you’re put into it. Even if I were to run across the map (which slows the game because I’m off a gen), it’ll be another 60 seconds before I’m put into it again. You’re keeping people in the dream world regardless if you hit them or if they wait out the timer

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    edited November 2019
    Options

yeah but all Freddy have to do is spam right mouse without any penalty and then he gets his free hit

Trapper on the other hand have to stay still then put down trap same with Hag but then you have to teleport .

But clown can also kill many loops he have to throw his bottles but eventually he has to realod with is a penalty

• SilentSpectre
    SilentSpectre Member Posts: 830
    Options

Freddy has always gotten lots of DCs

• johnmwarner
    Options

If you use the clock it pauses the time for 30 seconds too, so a total of 90 seconds and then you work on a nearby gen... maybe. You have to do the math based on Freddy’s addon/perks to see if waking up is worth it

• ArrowTheGreat11
    Options

It never is lol. Every clock is always on the other side of the map, so the 30 second pause will be over by the time you get back to the gen you were working on ?